Greyhound Spottings & Photos

10 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

@Articulated thank you for the giant fleet update. I did see a former Greyhound near Orangeville in the old Sightseeing wrap. I am unsure of the number, but I do believe it was 1319 parked at a truck yard.

The previous generation of Gray Line Sightseeing Niagara Falls buses (1315, 1319, 1320, 1321) were retired in 2017. Replaced in that service by 1298, 1299, 1302.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have seen some random 7xxxx series numbers in bus tracker lately, not sure what they are. Greyhound has 4 new Michigan coaches MI0149-MI0152. Prevost X3-45’s, should be in service by next week.

Does anybody know where 51152 came from? I know it was transferred from Greyhound USA to Greyhound Canada after refurbishment but was it originally a Golden State coach as the other 5xxxx series buses are or did it come from somewhere else? I ask because the number is all by itself as the other three 5xxxx coaches are 526xx numbers. 

Spotted TNM&O D4505 30600 in Detroit a couple days ago. Still in the White scheme with the red white and blue stripe on the roofline. You’d think somebody would spring for some navy by now...

Yesterday afternoon on highway 401 westbound in the Oshawa area, I spotted a greyhound bus that seems as though it’s permanently used for driver training. It was all navy blue with a small greyhound logo on the side, so different than the Greyhound livery, and had “Training Bus” painted on rather than a sign hung on that I’ve seen on other training buses.

Don’t know the exact number but it was a 13xx (and 99% sure it was 131x). Has anyone else seen this bus?

2 hours ago, yrt1000 said:

Yesterday afternoon on highway 401 westbound in the Oshawa area, I spotted a greyhound bus that seems as though it’s permanently used for driver training. It was all navy blue with a small greyhound logo on the side, so different than the Greyhound livery, and had “Training Bus” painted on rather than a sign hung on that I’ve seen on other training buses.

Don’t know the exact number but it was a 13xx (and 99% sure it was 131x). Has anyone else seen this bus?

1315 has become a dedicated training bus since it was removed from Grey Line service; this is likely the one you saw. Here is a photo of 1315 in its training livery from the Wiki.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Curious does anyone know what bus 0102 is? I seen it tracking in Ottawa.

That bus has been tracking for months, first started seeing it on the tracker in late 2018. I have no idea what it is, but I only ever see it on the Ottawa-Gatineau shuttle schedules, so something makes me suspect it may be a cutaway or other smaller-size bus.

18 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Curious does anyone know what bus 0102 is? I seen it tracking in Ottawa.

Screenshot_2019-07-18-13-16-11.png

12 hours ago, Articulated said:

That bus has been tracking for months, first started seeing it on the tracker in late 2018. I have no idea what it is, but I only ever see it on the Ottawa-Gatineau shuttle schedules, so something makes me suspect it may be a cutaway or other smaller-size bus.

Company cars and maintenance vehicles came to the east along with the buses after the western shutdown.

That vehicle being tracked is a fathom-blue pearl "Dodge Journey" with a greyhound dog logo on each side, with the word "Shuttle" under the dog.

I glanced quickly at it, I thinking it was just a driver shuttle back and forth to the garage, just like what they practice in NYC. But now it all make sense 

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2019 at 4:50 AM, INowKnowwhY said:

Company cars and maintenance vehicles came to the east along with the buses after the western shutdown.

That vehicle being tracked is a fathom-blue pearl "Dodge Journey" with a greyhound dog logo on each side, with the word "Shuttle" under the dog.

I glanced quickly at it, I thinking it was just a driver shuttle back and forth to the garage, just like what they practice in NYC. But now it all make sense 

If your max passengers carried is 3 ... this isn't going to be a big contributor to revenue. 

6 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Does the routes that go into US from Canada(Montreal & Toronto)are they Greyhound USA? or Greyhound Canada? If Greyhound US then it could explain the G Model?

The New York-Buffalo-Toronto route is a pooled service - both Greyhound Canada and Greyhound Lines (US) contribute buses. So long as they are legal to operate in both countries (i.e. equipped with wheelchair lifts). Buses are operated by Canadian drivers between Toronto and Buffalo, and if using a US bus they will display Canadian legals on pieces of paper in the window.

I am less familiar with the services from Montreal to the US, but I suspect they are operated completely with US drivers (similar to how BoltBus operates with US drivers the entire distance to/from Vancouver, BC). Buses on these routes are also technically pooled from both companies, although US coaches are much more likely.

Greyhound Lines tends to avoid sending G coaches into Canada, as the operators and mechanics here are not familiar with them (the G coaches in the Canadian fleet were all based out of Western Canada, and almost never made it to Toronto or Montreal). Most of the time if one comes from New York, it will get changed off in Buffalo. But if a changeoff is not available in Buffalo, or if the dispatchers are not paying attention, they will occasionally sneak through. Once in Toronto, US-based coaches occasionally get used on quick trips while they are waiting for their next scheduled departure back to New York.

8 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Does the routes that go into US from Canada(Montreal & Toronto)are they Greyhound USA? or Greyhound Canada? If Greyhound US then it could explain the G Model?

Chicago to Toronto is split.. Michigan buses (or US substitutes) in the Chicago-Detroit segment. Everybody off in Detroit, wait in line to reboard a GLC coach to Toronto. Very rarely will a GLI general pool bus run through as a last resort. And yes if your bus from Toronto or Chicago is late in Detroit you will be left by the other coach despite it technically running the same schedule number. No waiting. No exceptions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...