Greyhound Spottings & Photos

On 3/26/2018 at 12:29 PM, Swadian said:

Yeah, the big differences are the seat bottom cushions and the seat frame. The seat bottom cushion sags and slides and is extremely uncomfortable above 1 hour of sitting and it doesn't matter if one gets up and walks around. The seat frame is too low to the ground and reduces knee room, so despite the row taken out for extra legroom the actual usable legroom is similar to the old 55-seat Greyhound US 102DL3.

But I thought the white units would have the standard interior which has a different model of seats?

You can't please everybody.

Anyways......

636 and 635 have showed up today. Serviced both and gave a good cleaning of the dirt and grime in the engine bay and such. Also did a once over of adjustments. Both buses including 639 have Volvo D13s and are 46 seaters. The 6 in total will be dedicated to the Whistler/ Pemberton runs. 5 on 1 spare. The rest of the 28 X3-45's will be heading East. So we may see the hitch equipped X3-45's from out east come out west. Which may mean some MCI's will be retired. Again, we will see how things go. Anything can change.

40153242335_b4552c6263_c.jpgGreyhound Prevost X3-45 #635-2 by Dannny29, on Flickr

40153234745_11bd629925_c.jpgGreyhound Prevost X3-45 #636-1 by Dannny29, on Flickr

• Like 2

8 hours ago, translink fan said:

Anyways......

636 and 636 have showed up today. Serviced both and gave a good cleaning of the dirt and grime in the engine bay and such. Also did a once over of adjustments. Both buses including 639 have Volvo D13s and are 46 seaters. The 6 in total will be dedicated to the Whistler/ Pemberton runs. 5 on 1 spare. The rest of the 28 X3-45's will be heading East. So we may see the hitch equipped X3-45's from out east come out west. Which may mean some MCI's will be retired. Again, we will see how things go. Anything can change.

Greyhound Prevost X3-45 #635-2 by Dannny29, on Flickr

Greyhound Prevost X3-45 #636-1 by Dannny29, on Flickr

No offense intended but I really don't think anybody (bar maybe 5% of passengers) will be pleased with the seating comfort of the American Seating Premier LS. I don't think you would be pleased with them either if you were to take a long ride.

Then again, if they only have 46 seats, then perhaps they do have a different model. With an interior pic I could know immediately.

You have to look at how many MCIs have been involved in accidents and there's still the white D4505s and white H3-45s to deal with. Without the Yukon routes, Greyhound might sell those D4505s because they may command a higher price than the 102DL3s. On the other hand, with Greyhound cutting increasing routes and possibly even going into bankruptcy, I wouldn't mind buying an operational 102DL3 with a wheelchair lift for the right price. So far they've only sold salvage units like #6045.

3 hours ago, Swadian said:

No offense intended but I really don't think anybody (bar maybe 5% of passengers) will be pleased with the seating comfort of the American Seating Premier LS. I don't think you would be pleased with them either if you were to take a long ride.

Then again, if they only have 46 seats, then perhaps they do have a different model. With an interior pic I could know immediately.

You have to look at how many MCIs have been involved in accidents and there's still the white D4505s and white H3-45s to deal with. Without the Yukon routes, Greyhound might sell those D4505s because they may command a higher price than the 102DL3s. On the other hand, with Greyhound cutting increasing routes and possibly even going into bankruptcy, I wouldn't mind buying an operational 102DL3 with a wheelchair lift for the right price. So far they've only sold salvage units like #6045.

I'm not the one who decides what seats to use. If people really did not like what seats are currently used, then they should give enough input to Greyhound in regards to the comfort of the seats. But wouldn't people just want to get to where they want to be? As long as a bus shows up and takes them to their destination, what do they care about a seat? 

On 3/25/2018 at 12:47 AM, translink fan said:

Yes they do have the same seats. I don't see what is so uncomfortable about them.

It's not a different seat model, it is literally the same seat models as used on the American Hounds like I have mentioned before on the previous page.

Completely lost on your last part of the post.

Thanks for the updates @translink fan. Have the 6xx done any revenue trips yet? Haven't seen any show up on the online trackers yet.

FYI, 8876 was sent out west for most of this month, and spent about two weeks operating in the Calgary-Edmonton corridor. To my knowledge this was the first time one of Greyhound Canada's X3-45 coaches ventured west of Winnipeg. The timing of this adventure is interesting - wonder if it was intended as a trial run/training in advance of the rest of the 88xx series X3-45 coaches heading out west. 8876 left Toronto on March 1st, and arrived back this morning btw.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Articulated said:

Thanks for the updates @translink fan. Have the 6xx done any revenue trips yet? Haven't seen any show up on the online trackers yet.

FYI, 8876 was sent out west for most of this month, and spent about two weeks operating in the Calgary-Edmonton corridor. To my knowledge this was the first time one of Greyhound Canada's X3-45 coaches ventured west of Winnipeg. The timing of this adventure is interesting - wonder if it was intended as a trial run/training in advance of the rest of the 88xx series X3-45 coaches heading out west. 8876 left Toronto on March 1st, and arrived back this morning btw.

All 3 have been doing Pemberton runs once they arrive here. They still need drive cams and other stuff but they really wanted them to get into service right away. They do in service runs from Edmonton to Vancouver once they get the everything installed in Edmonton. 636 Came in from Kamloops Monday Afternoon around 4 then went right onto the Pemberton run. 635 blew a coolant hose in Kamloops last week but made it in Monday as well.

2 hours ago, 9924 said:

I think thats the first time I've seen those Prevost's without an inch or two of mud everywhere on them :P

There's still a few up here and will be on the way to their new homes in the next week or so.

Man when I got one of them on the wash pad I immediately opened all compartments, panels over the wheel, and engine compartments and went through and sprayed out all the dirt. So far the worst was 635. Just caked in orange in everything you can imagine. They reak of crude too :P

19 hours ago, translink fan said:

I'm not the one who decides what seats to use. If people really did not like what seats are currently used, then they should give enough input to Greyhound in regards to the comfort of the seats. But wouldn't people just want to get to where they want to be? As long as a bus shows up and takes them to their destination, what do they care about a seat? 

It's not a different seat model, it is literally the same seat models as used on the American Hounds like I have mentioned before on the previous page.

Completely lost on your last part of the post.

Well, the "American Hounds" use multiple different types of seats....

Yes, passengers do care about the seat - look at how many people complain about seat comfort on various airlines. But if Greyhound gets less and less comfortable, they'll just lose more customers. Then again, since they're losing customers anyway (route cuts in both US and Canada), I guess it's a moot point.

We'll have to agree to disagree until you take a ride from Edmonton to Vancouver in a Painful Premier.

On 3/27/2018 at 3:35 AM, translink fan said:

Anyways......

636 and 635 have showed up today. Serviced both and gave a good cleaning of the dirt and grime in the engine bay and such. Also did a once over of adjustments. Both buses including 639 have Volvo D13s and are 46 seaters. The 6 in total will be dedicated to the Whistler/ Pemberton runs. 5 on 1 spare. The rest of the 28 X3-45's will be heading East. So we may see the hitch equipped X3-45's from out east come out west. Which may mean some MCI's will be retired. Again, we will see how things go. Anything can change.

40153242335_b4552c6263_c.jpgGreyhound Prevost X3-45 #635-2 by Dannny29, on Flickr

40153234745_11bd629925_c.jpgGreyhound Prevost X3-45 #636-1 by Dannny29, on Flickr

I would think thats a good guess about the I believe 20 hitch equipped prevosts coming west as it only makes sense to bring them west as the non hitch ex first canada ones go east.!!

14 hours ago, translink fan said:

Man when I got one of them on the wash pad I immediately opened all compartments, panels over the wheel, and engine compartments and went through and sprayed out all the dirt. So far the worst was 635. Just caked in orange in everything you can imagine. They reak of crude too :P

You're welcome :P

Those ones are from CNRL and Town so they're in pretty decent shape, wait till you get the ones from Fort Hills and Kearl, they're in a lot rougher shape.  Kearl uses limestone on their roads and when it gets wet and muddy and then dries on the bus its like concrete - have fun with that :P

I actually just drove 635 a few times the other week, up from Ft Mac to the shop at Kearl and then back again.

As for the seats themselves, the 46 seaters have a lot of leg room but yeah, the seats are quite uncomfortable especially with the 3 point seatbelts.

3 hours ago, Transit 20 said:

this came into Charles street terminal does anybody have info on this bus.

6226.JPG

It’s being used for driver training by the looks of it. It’s a former Greyhound US 1999 MCI 102DL3. If the wiki is to be believed it was used by the Conservatives in the 2015 Federal Elections in Canada as a campaign bus I would assume. Perhaps that’s how it ended up without lettering?

4 hours ago, ns8401 said:

It’s being used for driver training by the looks of it. It’s a former Greyhound US 1999 MCI 102DL3. If the wiki is to be believed it was used by the Conservatives in the 2015 Federal Elections in Canada as a campaign bus I would assume. Perhaps that’s how it ended up without lettering?

It was.

35857917440_a0431eae81_n.jpg

As this unit was used for travelling dignitaries, its interior is probably not a standard coach interior anymore, so you'll never see it in revenue service without it being completely refitted. However, it still runs and has a drivers seat, so it is quite capable of being used for driver training when nothing else is available.

6226 was spotted wrapped for the Ontario PCs late last year by some other members on this forum (which may also explain the Ontario license plate... haven't seen an Ontario plated Greyhound bus in at least 8+ years now!). Considering how spectacularly Patrick Brown flamed out it's not surprising that the coach has been unwrapped, and Greyhound must be temporarily using it for training until the PCs are ready to get back into campaigning mode.

On 2017-11-30 at 9:29 AM, yrt1000 said:

Saw 6226 on western University’s campus this morning. It’s wrapped for the Ontario Conservative Party, guess it’s being used for their campaign

Ha! I was sure I posted that in this thread a few months ago, lol. 

It was in London previously as well. I recall seeing it several times, unwrapped and all-white, parked at the London bus terminal this past summer

5 of the 6 Prevost X3-45's have arrived into Vancouver and into service. 635-639. Last one is 634 which should be coming in from Edmonton soon. So far it's been a case of ironing out the kinks with these buses. Also a learning curve on the Prevost platform.

On 4/4/2018 at 4:42 AM, translink fan said:

5 of the 6 Prevost X3-45's have arrived into Vancouver and into service. 635-639. Last one is 634 which should be coming in from Edmonton soon. So far it's been a case of ironing out the kinks with these buses. Also a learning curve on the Prevost platform.

7-8 are parked at the Toronto facility.  646 parked in the ready line, the remainder were at back still sporting their First Canada decals.

23 hours ago, Shaun said:

Will these busses free up the blue busses to get fixed up? Some of them need body work with rust forming.

I think these are to replace 102DL3s involved in accidents that are up for sale. Major route cuts across the board - would not be surprised if Greyhound goes out of business.

1 hour ago, Swadian said:

I think these are to replace 102DL3s involved in accidents that are up for sale. Major route cuts across the board - would not be surprised if Greyhound goes out of business.

First group is just a greedy company, that's the bottom line.

On 08/04/2018 at 5:42 PM, Shaun said:

Will these busses free up the blue busses to get fixed up? Some of them need body work with rust forming.

http://www.kveo.com/news/local-news/greyhound-refurbishing-facility-coming-to-brownsville/1101655878

I spoke to a manager in Buffalo a couple days ago and they said the rumor about this facility being built is to refurbish 120 of the lower 86××× X3-45's. Then they'll slowly replace all of the DL3's in Canada.