Greyhound Spottings & Photos

At the Brantford Transit Terminal today saw Greyhound 1022, it still had legal lettering for GLI with TX plates.

Well that confirms the existence of two Greyhound coaches numbered 1022. I drove Grehound Canada's 1022 with Alberta plates two weeks ago.

Reading the Wiki page the 1998 MCI's without Wheelchair lifts will be transferred to Canada.

Will this include 6001 and 6002 in the original paint scheme it was delivered with? I haven't seen these buses in a while. Was it or will it be repainted?

Both 6001 and 6002 has already been spotted by yours truly out of Toronto; it's been refurbished and looks identical to any other refurbished 6xxx. There is a photo of refurbished 6002 on the Wiki.

Well that confirms the existence of two Greyhound coaches numbered 1022. I drove Grehound Canada's 1022 with Alberta plates two weeks ago.

Yeah all of the transferred 102-D3s should have received numbers in the 34xx series but maybe 1/3 to 1/2 didn't (still retain their Texas plates and legals too, so I'm not sure if they're loaners or not). Greyhound Canada just needs to make sure they keep duplicate numbers in separate areas (since the 10xx don't usually go cross-country).

Reading the Wiki page the 1998 MCI's without Wheelchair lifts will be transferred to Canada.

Will this include 6001 and 6002 in the original paint scheme it was delivered with? I haven't seen these buses in a while. Was it or will it be repainted?

It will be at least the end of this year or begining of next year until that Greyhound Lines will still have non lift equipped MCI's in their fleet as there is at least 150 -200 of them still in the USA and the new order of Prevost and MCI will not come in until later this year. http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?showtopic=15567 That order seems just enough buses to make the whole USA fleet lift equipped as long as the G's arent retired.

The problem is that if the non-lift buses exisit, they can't be used in scheduled intercity bus service because of U.S. Law. In fact, because of this law, Quick Coach Lines in Vancouver had to be called in for overload service on the Vancouver-Seattle-Portland corridoor over the Easter Weekend. They were the only foreign line available with wheelchair lift equipped coaches. That is also why seven non-lift equipped GLI coaches are currently operating in British Columbia. They're useless in the US but can still be used in Canada.

Yeah all of the transferred 102-D3s should have received numbers in the 34xx series but maybe 1/3 to 1/2 didn't (still retain their Texas plates and legals too, so I'm not sure if they're loaners or not). Greyhound Canada just needs to make sure they keep duplicate numbers in separate areas (since the 10xx don't usually go cross-country).

One would think. I have, however boarded Greyhound Canada 1022 in London ON. So I do know that 1022 does go cross country.

The problem is that if the non-lift buses exisit, they can't be used in scheduled intercity bus service because of U.S. Law. In fact, because of this law, Quick Coach Lines in Vancouver had to be called in for overload service on the Vancouver-Seattle-Portland corridoor over the Easter Weekend. They were the only foreign line available with wheelchair lift equipped coaches. That is also why seven non-lift equipped GLI coaches are currently operating in British Columbia. They're useless in the US but can still be used in Canada.

One would think. I have, however boarded Greyhound Canada 1022 in London ON. So I do know that 1022 does go cross country.

At the Philly garage in Feb Greyhound had alot of non lift buses still in the fleet. They must have alot of charter work for them to have that many still in the USA fleet.

I thought overloads wento the way of the 8 track..

They sure don't exist in this,part of the country. Once the bus reaches capacity...oh well take next one.

I don't think that is always the case. During the holidays, lots of companies can be seen helping out in Calgary at the Greyhound there. Particularly during the Christmas/New Years time.

I don't think that is always the case. During the holidays, lots of companies can be seen helping out in Calgary at the Greyhound there. Particularly during the Christmas/New Years time.

Same in Southern Ontario not just for Christmas/New Years but also Labour day and Thanksgiving.

Even normal Fridays and Sundays too thanks to university students heading home for the weekend.

This is true on the London, Kitchener/Cambridge, Peterborough/Ottawa, Niagara runs but I did not know it was to the point where its every Friday and Sundays. I knew reading weeks and long weekends where bad.

This is true on the London, Kitchener/Cambridge, Peterborough/Ottawa, Niagara runs but I did not know it was to the point where its every Friday and Sundays. I knew reading weeks and long weekends where bad.

They might not call in other companies, but pretty regularly they will have backup or standby buses to handle overflow runs.

Since at least January I've not seen a week where some of the KW/Cambridge Friday/Sunday runs were not run by non-Greyhound buses such as Denny's, Kunkel, AZ Bus Tours, Wills, etc.

Can anyone tell me if they are using the new X3-45 on the Ottawa-Montreal Corridor? Thanks!

Shouldn't be anymore. Thanks to new accessibility requirements, all US coach runs must use accessible buses; therefore, Greyhound USA needs all of their wheelchair-equipped buses (including the X3-45) doing runs in the US, and there's very few occasions when they pool onto Greyhound Canada runs.