Greyhound Spottings & Photos

HEH! Was a bit surprised earlier today in Calgary when I spotted Greyhound 1998 MCI 102DL3 #1323 running through the downtown core. First time I have seen any of the 1300's out west here! I couldn't get any photos as I was working.

thats all we get in southern Ontario. Windsor-London is pretty much all ex-Hotard coaches...people wonder if they are the greyhound buses or not cause most of them are still just white with no logos or anything on them

Oh nice! How was that coach? I never seem to get the Prevosts whenever I have traveled on Greyhound out east.

It was great, I enjoyed it! It is a stickshift and was a bit jerky off the line but once we got up to speed it was smooth sailing. :P

It was great, I enjoyed it! It is a stickshift and was a bit jerky off the line but once we got up to speed it was smooth sailing. ;)

Hmmm... I wonder if that Coach has a ZF Astronic transmission? When you mention it was a bit jerky off the line, that leads me to believge it may be a ZF Astronic transmission as I was sure that coach was an automatic previously. The ZF runs basically like a true standard shift transmission except it does all the shifting on it's own. In other words, no clutch or stick shift for the Operator to control. Did you happen to see the Operator actually shifting gears?

• Board Admin

Was it converted from the automatic to a standard? The Wiki lists 993 as having a standard transmission but not sure how it came originally.

I can't remember if I have heard they were jerky, but thought drivers would have disliked the ZF AS Tronic since it has 12 gears to get through (so probably slower to get up to speed). ;)

Hmmm... I wonder if that Coach has a ZF Astronic transmission? When you mention it was a bit jerky off the line, that leads me to believge it may be a ZF Astronic transmission as I was sure that coach was an automatic previously. The ZF runs basically like a true standard shift transmission except it does all the shifting on it's own. In other words, no clutch or stick shift for the Operator to control. Did you happen to see the Operator actually shifting gears?

It had a physical gear shift and from my quick glance getting on and off it looked it it had 10 or 12 gears. I was sitting near the rear so I couldn't see the Operator.

Was it converted from the automatic to a standard? The Wiki lists 993 as having a standard transmission but not sure how it came originally.

I can't remember if I have heard they were jerky, but thought drivers would have disliked the ZF AS Tronic since it has 12 gears to get through (so probably slower to get up to speed). ;)

That addition to the WIKI about it having a standard transmission was added just in the last day or two probably by someone who spotted the posting about it on the board.

I believe there are different versions of the Astronic in the number of gears they have. Most common one I know of is a 10 speed that I have heard of.

I have driven 993... its a 7 speed....

You sure it's not a 6 speed? That's the first time I have heard of a Prevost Coach having a 7 speed unless they fitted the same transmission that were in older MCI Coaches and those were 7 speeds. Do you know if 994, 995 are manual transmissions as well? I was under the impression that 991-992 (1995 H3-45's) were standard transmissions and the rest were Automatics. Interesting though.

You sure it's not a 6 speed? That's the first time I have heard of a Prevost Coach having a 7 speed unless they fitted the same transmission that were in older MCI Coaches and those were 7 speeds. Do you know if 994, 995 are manual transmissions as well? I was under the impression that 991-992 (1995 H3-45's) were standard transmissions and the rest were Automatics. Interesting though.

yes I do remember 993 being a 7 speed.... I remember because te Grey Goose H340s were 6 speeds, and had a diferent shifting pattern. (4 and 5 are both on the top and 6 is on the bottom)

and 993 had the same patern as the MCI's.

994 and 995 are 7 speeds as well.... (I was told that all the 9XX series are manual transmissions)

yes I do remember 993 being a 7 speed.... I remember because te Grey Goose H340s were 6 speeds, and had a diferent shifting pattern. (4 and 5 are both on the top and 6 is on the bottom)

and 993 had the same patern as the MCI's.

994 and 995 are 7 speeds as well.... (I was told that all the 9XX series are manual transmissions)

I modified the wiki the other day when I had a report from a driver that it was a 7 speed manual. It was operated all week long day and night (6:00am - 11:00pm) on the Montreal-Ottawa route and rotated by two of the very few drivers that could actually drive stick for Voyageur.

Its most recent run that I know of was last Friday night when the transmission started having troubles and wouldn't shift into reverse when it arrived back into Montreal, and was left at the Montreal terminal overnight until a mechanic could take a look at it the next morning.

Apparently it runs great otherwise, and has very low mileage for its age due to the fact it manual transmission buses don't get used all that much.