Greyhound Spottings & Photos

Ok.. No offence but I'm having a stupid moment.. Don't know if it's the way you worded your question or if the way I'm reading it but it confuses me, lol... so I'll try to answer as best I can..

More so since Greyhound was bought by First Group, they have an "assigned fleet" for major garages.

If you look on the rear by the unit numbers, you'll see a "colour coded sticker", which indicates where the unit is assigned... VAN is red, EDM is Green, WPG is yellow, TOR is Black, OTG (Ottawa) is orange from what I've seen. EDM units run in Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan and I THINK (stress the "think") Manitoba. In Edmonton, I mainly see BC, Alberta and the odd Manitoba and Toronto units.. Clear as mud??

Other than that, Greyhound Canada has routes throughout BC, Alberta, Manitoba, and Ontario.. Not sure about Quebec and east. Greyhound only travels through Saskatchewan, as STC has running rights. Only routes Greyhound can run through Saskatchewan are along Highway 1 and Highway 16.. (anybody can feel free to correct me on this)

Hope that answered that question... lol

I'm pretty sure the only Greyhound routes in Quebec are the former Voyaguer routes that serve Montreal and Greyhound USA runs to the US. I don't think there are any Greyhound routes in the maritimes, with possible exception of service to the US.

I'm pretty sure the only Greyhound routes in Quebec are the former Voyaguer routes that serve Montreal and Greyhound USA runs to the US. I don't think there are any Greyhound routes in the maritimes, with possible exception of service to the US.

Those services are operated by Orleans Express within Quebec and Acadien Lines in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. Within Newfoundland service across the province is provided by DRL Coachlines.

That's a great shot of 6547.. I wonder if they're ever gonna take off those "Ski Express" decnals?? She had them when it was in Gray Line Victoria's fleet.

Not to mention the free advertising that McDonalds is getting.

I know who he is and he is the owned of the coach. But because he is operating the coach on First Group Property (Greyhound), he has to use the vest.

Any chance that they will be fixing up the Toronto Bus terminal Anytime soon? Disgrace for how many people pass through Canada's Biggest city each year.

I know who he is and he is the owned of the coach. But because he is operating the coach on First Group Property (Greyhound), he has to use the vest.

I guess that would make sense.. lol I forgot it includes contractors, etc.

Any chance that they will be fixing up the Toronto Bus terminal Anytime soon? Disgrace for how many people pass through Canada's Biggest city each year.

I've never seen "Tayrannas" bus station but can it be much worse than any other city's?? Edmontons is a hole, not encolsed and if the driver has a trailer hooked up, there's little chance for them to back out without hitting something. Calgary's isn't bad, just dated. Vancouver's depot, in my personal opinion is by far the nicest and should be the model for the every other Hound terminal.

Edmonton's Greyhound depot is actually owned by Brewster.

Really! That's Interesting! I find it odd that it is owned by them when AFAIK, they have nothing to do with services that run into that Terminal. However, Brewster used to be part of Greyhound at one time IIRC. Seems to me that Brewster would have nothing to do with Edmonton's depot at this point.

Greyhound 2803 (USA):

2803.jpg

Curious: are the 65xxs and 66xxs being referred to here transfers from USA operations? If so, I'm surprised that First doesn't just merge all of the numbers into one scheme (so that for instamce, there aren't two 1103s, for USA and Canada).