Greyhound Spottings & Photos

Better than those G's! :-p

Yeah.. I'd much rather walk than catch a "G".. Bad enough I have to fix the contraptions... I was stuck on one from Van to Edm during my last visit to Victoria.. Thought for sure we'd be on the side of the road... :o Guess we'll see what they send us, though..

This was parked with other Greyhound Canada coaches, has the dog on the front, ex Laidlaw?

Ex-Gray Line of Victoria.. Went to Greyhound after Rocky Mountaineer bought Gray Line Victoria, Gray Line Vancouver and Gray Line Banff in May 2005..

Now in Greyhound Vancouvers fleet (the red dot above the door to the left of the fleet number)

Ex-Gray Line of Victoria.. Went to Greyhound after Rocky Mountaineer bought Gray Line Victoria, Gray Line Vancouver and Gray Line Banff in May 2005..

Now in Greyhound Vancouvers fleet (the red dot above the door to the left of the fleet number)

Thanx for the info...guess its too old to get painted in the Greyhound colors

Alright.. Now I've been around buses my whole wrenching career, and USUALLY tell the difference between certain models....

But I have NO IDEA what the difference between an MC9 and an MC12...

From the photo, the tail lights look like they're form a "C" and the high mount stop light which the MC9s that I've seen don't have..

Is there any other differences??

Alright.. Now I've been around buses my whole wrenching career, and USUALLY tell the difference between certain models....

But I have NO IDEA what the difference between an MC9 and an MC12...

From the photo, the tail lights look like they're form a "C" and the high mount stop light which the MC9s that I've seen don't have..

Is there any other differences??

First, the Later MC-9 specials in Canada have the high mounted middle brake light. Greyhound Canada's MC-9s units have that. They are #'s 865 to 916 built in 1989-90. Now, if you look close at the top front cap of the roofline on the MC-12 and compare it with the MC-9, you should be able to notice the difference. The MC-12's also have the thinner black rub rail on the lower side panels compared to any MC-9's that I have seen (And have not been retrofitted). You are right about the tail lights.

First, the Later MC-9 specials in Canada have the high mounted middle brake light. Greyhound Canada's MC-9s units have that. They are #'s 865 to 916 built in 1989-90. Now, if you look close at the top front cap of the roofline on the MC-12 and compare it with the MC-9, you should be able to notice the difference. The MC-12's also have the thinner black rub rail on the lower side panels compared to any MC-9's that I have seen (And have not been retrofitted). You are right about the tail lights.

Thanks for clearing that up... Don't know how many times I've seen 884 and 885 (885 a few times this month) but I didn't notice the high mount stop light..... Sure it hope it works as that's part of my job to make sure all the lights work.. :P I asked a few guys at work if they knew the difference but they didn't know either...

Of major note, the X3-45s have an extended wheelbase. Some later XL-IIs had the projector headlights, but all X3-45s have them.

Ok, thanks. Now I can tell the difference if I'm not close enough to see the model lettering.

Thanx for the info...guess its too old to get painted in the Greyhound colors

Rumour has it Greyhound has retired this coach. It's been parked B/O in Vancouver for the last three weeks. Too bad too. I quite enjoyed driving her. Not many 5 speed manual transmissions out there anymore.

Wow. EXCELLENT photos by Peter. But what I find strange is that these GH buses have Ontario plates. That's a first for me. 99% of GH stuff I've seen had Alberta plates.

As a point of interest in case anyone cares, the BP2 plates shown on 1293 and 1294 above are actually quite scarce. Only about 850 have been issued since 1994. Ontario is the only province which manufactures a specific plate for PRP (out of province line haul use) buses.

• Board Admin

Cool information to know!

That brings up the question of why those ones have Ontario plates to begin with. Like you said, most Greyhound stuff has Alberta plates, as it is based in Calgary.