St. Catharines Transit

lap_screw

48 minutes ago, TransitStudios said:

Ah, okay. Is it still voith as well? It doesn't have that same whine that voiths do. Unless its that Cummins L9?

Yes. Voith/L9. If anything, I've found the whine to be louder on newest Voith equipped buses; though it shouldn't have anything to do with the L9. 

13 minutes ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Yes. Voith/L9. If anything, I've found the whine to be louder on newest Voith equipped buses; though it shouldn't have anything to do with the L9. 

Ah, okay. I don't the whine but the whistle I hear when the other novas slow down. Not sure if you know what I mean though. Hard to explain

10 minutes ago, TransitStudios said:

Ah, okay. I don't the whine but the whistle I hear when the other novas slow down. Not sure if you know what I mean though. Hard to explain

Do you mean whine or whistle?

The whistle is the retarder in action; you’ll here that on pretty much every Voith bus in some way or another. It’s usually louder on novas compared to NFs or Orions.

11 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Do you mean whine or whistle?

The whistle is the retarder in action; you’ll here that on pretty much every Voith bus in some way or another. It’s usually louder on novas compared to NFs or Orions.

I meant the whistle. I can usually tell its a voith based on that and engine

1806 came out today. Currently the only new 40 footer active now and the stripes wrap around the front. The other units 1801-1805, 1807-1813 and 1860, 1862 are still being prepped I would assume.

IMG_0060.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thread bump here. St. Catharines had also ordered 6 new paratransit vehicles last year. Two Ram ProMasters and 4 GMC Glaval Titan II cutaways. Shots below are of the Glavals.

1820-1821 - 2018 Ram ProMaster

1822-1823 - 2018 GMC Glaval Titan II (no signs)

1824-1825 - 2018 GMC Glaval Titan II (with signs)

43214871934_4d7b919594_h.jpg

46540388362_4610fc9073_h.jpg

• 1 month later...

A new cutaway was recently added and serves as the main bus for the 322 Thorold South, which of course is contracted out to Coventry Transportation. It is a Ford E450/Diamond Coach VIP body, currently not numbered;

47107995672_5a0df9278e_h.jpg

47107996112_6ff665e35a_h.jpg

• Thanks 1