Jump to content

St. Catharines Transit


lap_screw
 Share

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, TransitStudios said:

Ah, okay. Is it still voith as well? It doesn't have that same whine that voiths do. Unless its that Cummins L9?

 

Yes. Voith/L9. If anything, I've found the whine to be louder on newest Voith equipped buses; though it shouldn't have anything to do with the L9. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Yes. Voith/L9. If anything, I've found the whine to be louder on newest Voith equipped buses; though it shouldn't have anything to do with the L9. 

Ah, okay. I don't the whine but the whistle I hear when the other novas slow down. Not sure if you know what I mean though. Hard to explain

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TransitStudios said:

Ah, okay. I don't the whine but the whistle I hear when the other novas slow down. Not sure if you know what I mean though. Hard to explain

Do you mean whine or whistle?

The whistle is the retarder in action; you’ll here that on pretty much every Voith bus in some way or another. It’s usually louder on novas compared to NFs or Orions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Do you mean whine or whistle?

The whistle is the retarder in action; you’ll here that on pretty much every Voith bus in some way or another. It’s usually louder on novas compared to NFs or Orions.

I meant the whistle. I can usually tell its a voith based on that and engine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1806 came out today. Currently the only new 40 footer active now and the stripes wrap around the front. The other units 1801-1805, 1807-1813 and 1860, 1862 are still being prepped I would assume.

IMG_0060.JPG

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thread bump here. St. Catharines had also ordered 6 new paratransit vehicles last year. Two Ram ProMasters and 4 GMC Glaval Titan II cutaways. Shots below are of the Glavals.

1820-1821 - 2018 Ram ProMaster

1822-1823 - 2018 GMC Glaval Titan II (no signs)

1824-1825 - 2018 GMC Glaval Titan II (with signs)

43214871934_4d7b919594_h.jpg

46540388362_4610fc9073_h.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

A new cutaway was recently added and serves as the main bus for the 322 Thorold South, which of course is contracted out to Coventry Transportation. It is a Ford E450/Diamond Coach VIP body, currently not numbered;

47107995672_5a0df9278e_h.jpg

47107996112_6ff665e35a_h.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...