St. Catharines Transit

lap_screw

• 4 weeks later...

Earlier this month, the fleet are being equipped with a new AA system, very similar to the Clever Devices system on the Niagara Falls Transit fleet (maybe the same?) only with a male voice calling out the stops. Unit 96 was the first to be fitted, followed by units 90, 104, 0701, and 1001 so far.

Earlier this month, the fleet are being equipped with a new AA system, very similar to the Clever Devices system on the Niagara Falls Transit fleet (maybe the same?) only with a male voice calling out the stops. Unit 96 was the first to be fitted, followed by units 90, 104, 0701, and 1001 so far.

It seems to be the Strategic Mapping was a failure!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this has been fixed but D40LF 101 has squeaking breaks and it's very annoying.

Not to mention I was on a DE40LF and the wheels were really wobbly and usually buses dont make me nervous but holy moly it made me uneasy, it was on the Vine St bus. I got off at the Fairview Mall and call to report. And before then I was on a D40LF that vibrated my rear end! I thought D40i were bad but this tops the cake, they maintenance is really slacking!

Not to mention I was on a DE40LF and the wheels were really wobbly and usually buses dont make me nervous but holy moly it made me uneasy, it was on the Vine St bus. I got off at the Fairview Mall and call to report. And before then I was on a D40LF that vibrated my rear end! I thought D40i were bad but this tops the cake, they maintenance is really slacking!

Lol, yeah. Hope those XD40's are smooth!

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, yeah. Hope those XD40's are smooth!

yeah our XD40's are pretty smooth, maybe smoother than the Regional units.

For the remainder of this month, the Niagara-On-The-Lake Link will run Monday-Friday only. It ran this week so it will run next week as well.

yeah our XD40's are pretty smooth, maybe smoother than the Regional units.

For the remainder of this month, the Niagara-On-The-Lake Link will run Monday-Friday only. It ran this week so it will run next week as well.

What's your favourite unit the system has? Mine are DE40LF 0707, DE40LFR 0805 and XD40's 1301 and 1303. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's your favourite unit the system has? Mine are DE40LF 0707, DE40LFR 0805 and XD40's 1301 and 1303. :)

to answer this question, mainly the old-school fleets, but I like the 2003 and 07 D40LF's

We are now getting 2 XD60's and 2 more XD40's!!! :D:D:D

do you have an inside source for this info, if I may ask, just curious is all.

What they are trying to say is that info coming from any drivers, maintenance personnel, city workers and other various sources dont mean anything when they make claims to things happening as more often than not it is just rumours and nothing ever happens. Official tenders, awards and actual meeting minutes stating so and documentation is full proof of any claims being made, which you are not providing. Therefore there is a great number of people on this board who will doubt your claim until official proof is given, myself included. In the future you should probably keep rumours off the board unless you have proof :)