lap_screw

St. Catharines Transit

Can someone please get a few good pictures of the battery pack of these Hybrids with the lowprofile covers please.Im willing to do a paper bus of these and others with the same cover but just need the pictures.Please also in Hi res.Thanks

haha, (i do most of the editting for the st.catharines wiki) haha :angry:

it's active.. but it's been sitting in the very same spot outside of the garage for about 2 months beside 8844 and 8842 which i'm pretty sure

they have retired those final 2 classics.. just have no confermation on that yet.. i won't be suprised if 9053 becomes that 2nd V to be retired

i'm speculating.. but that's my prediction

you won't have to worry about my last second editing this time cause i'm off to hunt down the new 08's for some photos! :P

Well if you went for photos tonight you should get alot of good pictures! The 08s were out in full force tonight!

Took the #0801 on an outbound secord, passed the #0803 doing an inbound, then saw #0805 on way up to Brock!

They sure are using them!

I have now seen #0801-#0805 on the road, yet to see 0806, 0807 and 0808

0807 is at still in final prep. ready for in service.

0806 is at bodyshop to be installing the equipment. Also, all of their buses are now installing the upcoming auto announcer slowly. I don't like how they place their LED display on some of their buses.

As of retired buses: 8843, 8848, 8849, 9263 and 8845. Parts have dismantled. 9052 is still sitting OOS.

8842, 9053 and 8844 were sitting at the side. Fleet manager told me all the Classic have retired. With the consortum order they've annouced and pending from the city councellor approval, they will get another approx. 5 of Hybrid as they are quite happy with it. Their goal is to become all LF fleet by 2010, if they can make that goal. They are also keeping an eye to see if possible to borrow HSR DE60LFR for their Brock run trial despite the less seating on artic as we all know.

So far, 2 90 Orion V, 6 91 Orion V and 4 92 Orion V are in active.

Can someone please get a few good pictures of the battery pack of these Hybrids with the lowprofile covers please.Im willing to do a paper bus of these and others with the same cover but just need the pictures.Please also in Hi res.Thanks

If I went to their multi-level parking garage, I would have taken the rooftop of their hybrids. However, I will be back in spring for better photo.

With that of more inconveience, I can't park at the multi-level parking garage anymore as they only allow permits to park there across from the bus terminal.

And, St. Catharines kept changing the colour of the floors, now the 08 Hybrid are black RCA flooring. However, 0805 have their name "St. Catharine" on the pass. side missing one letter.

And, just to let you know and I looked at their work order fleet repair, there's no 0713 because management knows about it.

Thank you I greetly appreciate it.

0806 is at bodyshop to be installing the equipment. Also, all of their buses are now installing the upcoming auto announcer slowly. I don't like how they place their LED display on some of their buses.

As of retired buses: 8843, 8848, 8849, 9263 and 8845. Parts have dismantled. 9052 is still sitting OOS.

8842, 9053 and 8844 were sitting at the side. Fleet manager told me all the Classic have retired. With the consortum order they've annouced and pending from the city councellor approval, they will get another approx. 5 of Hybrid as they are quite happy with it. Their goal is to become all LF fleet by 2010, if they can make that goal. They are also keeping an eye to see if possible to borrow HSR DE60LFR for their Brock run trial despite the less seating on artic as we all know.

If I went to their multi-level parking garage, I would have taken the rooftop of their hybrids. However, I will be back in spring for better photo.

With that of more inconveience, I can't park at the multi-level parking garage anymore as they only allow permits to park there across from the bus terminal.

And, St. Catharines kept changing the colour of the floors, now the 08 Hybrid are black RCA flooring. However, 0805 have their name "St. Catharine" on the pass. side missing one letter.

And, just to let you know and I looked at their work order fleet repair, there's no 0713 because management knows about it.

any pictures on your trip!? :lol:

did you get any answers on which other V they will retire? i noticed driving by there 2 days ago they did sit another V out with the classics

#0807 brought into service yesterday....

still waiting on 0806 back from shop....

Driver I spoke to said there was no #0808, but I know there is....weird.....I will ask supervisor what is going on with 0808 next time I am in

-Melinda

update....0806 now in full service, I still don't know what's going on with 0808 though, anyone?

i just heard it's on the road it's been on the road for a few days now,

jeez haha i guess we'll never know until someone see's it!

Was it retired due to structural problems? When I look at my photos of it, it looks as though the back end sags a bit, but when it got it's current paint job, they lines were painted straight.

"it was a major safety issue it would cost more to fix than to scrap, it could be because of the back end sagging but i was shocked to see it torn up in scrap line" there you have it straight from the horses mouth haha

thanks for the update!! :D

that solves that mystery....it is still eluding me, I have seen all the new 08s except that one still! I even went to the terminal today to see if it was inservice, but wasnt, must have been doing some weird route like the confed or something if it was.....i will see it one day!

-melinda

they have 1 sitting in the garage right now off of an Orion 1 if it's not there they have the classics sitting they can take it off of, if you can get down here they will provide i was able to get my hands on alot of things from them

are you abe to grab one for me...and when i have a day i can get down ill grab it from you cuz i work 5 days this week and so it would have to wait till next week for me to get down...is that possible

ah2k6   
they have 1 sitting in the garage right now off of an Orion 1 if it's not there they have the classics sitting they can take it off of, if you can get down here they will provide i was able to get my hands on alot of things from them

What all have you been able to snag?

What all have you been able to snag?

Side rollSign from 8846 still in its nice little roller box

the front rollsign from 8846 they just took the whole box out so if i could rig it i could prolly electronically roll it

Orion Emblem from 8740

Front Flipdot sign and the Control Box from 8737 i was able to rewire it so it plugs into my room

that was my last trip lol

NT14   
Side rollSign from 8846 still in its nice little roller box

the front rollsign from 8846 they just took the whole box out so if i could rig it i could prolly electronically roll it

Orion Emblem from 8740

Front Flipdot sign and the Control Box from 8737 i was able to rewire it so it plugs into my room

that was my last trip lol

Speaking of STC things you have hows 73?

Speaking of STC things you have hows 73?

She's good just took her for a spin on sunday actually the tranny is slipping a bit, but most likely just needs an oil change

how's 14?