St. Catharines Transit

lap_screw

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Interesting side effect of the reduced schedule: There are artics on routes that normally wouldn't have them. Don't know all routes with em but the ones I've seen are 409, 418, 415 and maaaaybe the 417.

• 2 months later...

As of June 28th, St. Catharines will go back to 30-minute service intervals, plus all buses including their marked Regional units will get plexiglass driver barriers in order to allow front door boarding.

https://www.iheartradio.ca/610cktb/news/st-catharines-transit-will-increase-service-to-every-30-min-end-of-june-1.12636679

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/news-story/9997651-st-catharines-buses-to-get-plexiglas-driver-barriers/

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Three brand new Novas have arrived; 2103, 2104 and the third I believe is 2105. I have been told at least 10 in total are expected. They come with the sealed windows, exterior cameras and the new driver's window. As far as a rear sign goes, I am not sure.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2102 was out today but not in service. It was to get the drivers acquainted with the new visibility package, the 1/3 2/3 front door and the new ticket scanner machines. They have the plastic seats (no surprise there), perimeter seats in the back, and sure enough these new units have a rear sign. Signs are Luminator Titan.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, laliok said:

I didn't know St catharines had this on order but I spotted at the garage a brand new Regional artic (with the new window) didn't catch the number and don't know how many are there. Only saw one.

I have been told at least one or two are expected. Maybe more but not sure.

• 6 months later...