St. Catharines Transit

lap_screw

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
10 hours ago, Wonka said:

I've lived here since last September and have still never once seen a 60 footer. Apparently they exclusively run on the 316 but I've never seen one, even during rush hour, at least not anywhere downtown.

When the ex-OC artics first arrived, they were exclusively found on the 16 (now 316); however they are now only found on student commuter routes out of Brock University, that do not go downtown.

On 3/26/2018 at 7:30 PM, Articulated said:

When the ex-OC artics first arrived, they were exclusively found on the 16 (now 316); however they are now only found on student commuter routes out of Brock University, that do not go downtown.

The Artics only Serve Routes 321/421 Confederation - Brock, 323/423 West Brock Commuter (rarely), 324/424 Brock - Tupper, 328 Brock - Towpath (rarely, interlines with 323), 331/431 Brock - Richmond, 335/435 Brock - Pen (VERY rare) and 336/436 Brock - Glendale Pen Ctr. Not EXACTLY sure as to why not 316/416. Assuming its because the other Brock routes need it and on top of that because the 316/416 has increased frequency like every 5 - 20 min during the day and every 15 - 30 min during the evening.

10 hours ago, 97SCT said:

Likely the artics have exceeded the weight limit on the bridge (that goes over the tracks) along Glenridge Avenue but yet they went over with no problem before that issue came about.

I wonder why they decided to add the weight limit. Perhaps the structure of the bridge can't handle artics?

On 3/31/2018 at 11:48 PM, TransitStudios said:

I haven't seen them out in a while either. I think they're done sadly.

1160-61 are still active just used as spares they will be officially retired by the end of this month

also 0710 has also been retired due to electrical issues

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lap_screw said:

1160-61 are still active just used as spares they will be officially retired by the end of this month

Damn I liked 0710 too... 

22 minutes ago, lap_screw said:

Also sad that we're losing 1160 and 1161. But what about 1163? Is that gone too?

2 hours ago, TransitStudios said:

1806 entered service today on the 316. I didn't get to take a pic, but I did ride it. It doesn't seem to have the usual Cummins ISL9 Voith engine. But it doesn't sound like Allison either. Anyone know why?

It's a Cummins L9.