St. Catharines Transit

lap_screw

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1460 was out today doing Route 16 along with D60LF units 1162 and 1163. 1163 was replaced by 0806 earlier this afternoon. Rode 1460 on the outbound 16 to Brock, our XD60's have a Voith transmission as I even looked at the gear selector on the dash.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have recently begun learning more about collecting transit tokens, and I discovered this token on an auction site:

saintcath-SN+Htoken-ebay.JPG

It's for "Sanderson, Newman & Hough Bus Line" of St. Catharines, Ont.

I've never heard of the company, and know nothing about when or what kind of a bus service they operated. Does anyone know anything?

Sanderson, Newman & Hough Bus Line had three different tokens , unfortunately I can't fine anything on the company. There was also one token for Sanderson, Newman Busline and one token for Sanderson, Newman & Hough's Bus Line, all of St.Catharines .

Sanderson, Newman & Hough Bus Line had three different tokens , unfortunately I can't fine anything on the company. There was also one token for Sanderson, Newman Busline and one token for Sanderson, Newman & Hough's Bus Line, all of St.Catharines .

Interesting. The token is undated but I'm assuming by the form of the name (three surnames) that it's probably 19th Century. So that would imply horse-drawn buses. I wonder if they operated a scheduled service somewhere that wasn't covered by the streetcar system, or if they provided a specialty service such as travel between a train station and one or more hotels in coordination with railway arrivals and departures.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...