St. Catharines Transit

lap_screw

ya i saw it last night on 117 i've still yet to take an 08 haha

I saw 0808 last night finally!!! Doing a 117 too!

I didnt take it though, I have now taken 0801-0807, still have to take 0808 lol....

you dont know what your missing!

is there any luck grabbing me a side sign

sorry no,

i went yesterday but my friend was not working and i wasnt allowed to take anything!

couldnt even work my charm!

sorry,

-melinda

• 2 weeks later...
nope 9051 was just put in the new scheme just last month and 9159 is out and about still but not as much as some of the other Orion V's

oh I thought all of the orion V were rebuilt and repainted looooong ago since I left St Cath in 3 years back.......so 9159 is still in service w/ new scheme or retired? Thank you

Any 88's Classics retired after the arrival of the DE40LFR?

oh I thought all of the orion V were rebuilt and repainted looooong ago since I left St Cath in 3 years back.......so 9159 is still in service w/ new scheme or retired? Thank you

Any 88's Classics retired after the arrival of the DE40LFR?

yes 9159 is still in service you'd only really see it on 16 brock-glenridge though

I just showed up and asked.

However there is one requirement, they wouldn't let me in unless I had steel tipped boots. Fortunately at the time I had a pair in the car!

Hello all,

New here, anyways about visiting the transit garage, is an appointment necessary? Or can I basically show up and look around. I've never been there before, but I want to get there soon before the Classics are all gone. Any info is greatly appreciated

cheers, Bill

Hello all,

New here, anyways about visiting the transit garage, is an appointment necessary? Or can I basically show up and look around. I've never been there before, but I want to get there soon before the Classics are all gone. Any info is greatly appreciated

cheers, Bill

the transit manager told me to recommend going between 9-11am this is the best time they can accomodate visiitors...although most are out by then...

anyone have a roster they can send me?

• 2 weeks later...

Was at work today when I noticed that 2 of the New Flyer D40's had a white back end to them above the tail-end ad. It looked to be poorly spraypainted as I could still see some black behind it and the criss-crossing lines of paint were clearly visable. Has anyone else seen this? This is the first time I noticed it. Thinking it might be vandalism?

I also managed to see all 08's in the terminal within 5 mins, which is pretty rare. :blink: Just a side note

cheers, Bill

Was at work today when I noticed that 2 of the New Flyer D40's had a white back end to them above the tail-end ad. It looked to be poorly spraypainted as I could still see some black behind it and the criss-crossing lines of paint were clearly visable. Has anyone else seen this? This is the first time I noticed it. Thinking it might be vandalism?

I also managed to see all 08's in the terminal within 5 mins, which is pretty rare. :blink: Just a side note

cheers, Bill

well with the saturday daytime schedule and the use of the 08s seeiing all of them in the terminal at the same time isnt that rare to be honest....i went down last saturday during the day and got some great photos.

as for the vandalism i will have to look into this and report back.

melinda

I also managed to see all 08's in the terminal within 5 mins, which is pretty rare. :rolleyes: Just a side note

cheers, Bill

Did you get the bus numbers by any chance?

Did you get the bus numbers by any chance?

The first one I saw might have been one of the 100's. It looked like it but I'm not sure on that one. The other one I saw from a distance. Both were on the 115 Pen Centre/Downtown in the morning time if you know which numbers were on that route at the time. Other than that I'm unsure of the numbers. I'll look out for them today while at work and report back

lol about the all the 08's at once being rare, i meant its rare for me because I always see a huge mix of different types. I've never managed to see all of one type at one time, but maybe thats just because I'm not there at the right time lol. I'll have to keep a look out.

cheers, Bill