St. Catharines Transit

lap_screw

thought i would start up a St.Catharines thread..

in latest news

95 (invero) is finally back on the road after a 5 months away getting a new engine

8381,8479 were sold off to Niagara Transit # 8474 #8373 to be used in connecting Fort Erie to Niagara College

102,9158 are out of service as they await parts

8737,8738,8740,8485,8846 are still out back on the deadline awaiting to be scrapped

97 as been deemed the new McDonalds bus as the inside is filled with the new angus burger ads lol

so thats the latest news!

in latest news

95 (invero) is finally back on the road after a 5 months away getting a new engine

8381,8479 were sold off to Niagara Transit # 8474 #8373 to be used in connecting Fort Erie to Niagara College

8737,8738,8740,8485,8846 are still out back on the deadline awaiting to be scrapped

97 as been deemed the new McDonalds bus as the inside is filled with the new angus burger ads lol

When I was in Niagara Falls visiting the Transit Garage with a friend on May 4, 2008, we saw #'s 8381 and 8479 both inside the Garage still with St. Catherines decals and colors. #8479 was up on the hoist getting some work done in the rear wheel well area and 8381 was parked in the storage lanes.

Also, while chatting with a Niagara Transit Operator, he mentioned that there are plans to send some of the Orion VII's back to Orion to get the ramps back into working order and the seating plan changed to accommodate wheelchairs. Currently I believe the Orion VII's have seating for 44 (No isle facing seats at all, they are all forward facing). So I wonder how many seats will be lost when the changeover is done?

Currently I believe the Orion VII's have seating for 44 (No isle facing seats at all, they are all forward facing). So I wonder how many seats will be lost when the changeover is done?

Probably the first two or three rows. Eight to twelve seats.

Our Orion VIIs have 39 seats, 6 aisle facing seats at the front that can be lifted for wheelchairs and then seats in the back have 8 aisle facing seats and 5 along the back, plus the one row of seats facing forward.

Correction: They don't have ramps at all, and I don't even think they kneel! ;)

1st of all they do kneel...2nd of all they do have ramps...what went on was they took out the 1st few row of seats in order to accommodate wheel chairs...in turn they installed isle facing seats that can be lifted up and down

1st of all they do kneel...2nd of all they do have ramps...what went on was they took out the 1st few row of seats in order to accommodate wheel chairs...in turn they installed isle facing seats that can be lifted up and down

I looked at those buses pretty hard and I'm going to have to disagree, those buses are no more accessible than a high floor without a lift.

I looked at those buses pretty hard and I'm going to have to disagree, those buses are no more accessible than a high floor without a lift.

No, they do have ramps and kneel and I've seen their buses already! It seems to be now the new management have made some changes to get it accessibility back.

Anytime now, they should be receiving 4 EZ-Rider Max.

No, they do have ramps and kneel and I've seen their buses already! It seems to be now the new management have made some changes to get it accessibility back.

Anytime now, they should be receiving 4 EZ-Rider Max.

For the last time guys...Niagara Transits Orion VII's Do have ramps...if you people dont want to believe me then thats fine but I for one should know what their buses are like

For the last time guys...Niagara Transits Orion VII's Do have ramps...if you people dont want to believe me then thats fine but I for one should know what their buses are like

Yes, that's what others are saying as well. Doesn't look like anyone has disagreed with you. I saw them as well and totally agree with you. Also, I wish I had the chance to see the bus in your photo! Missed out on it I guess.... :-)

I do belive you cause you live in Niagara Falls!

Another oddball is they've purchased 2000 Orion V with no a/c due to city's purchased because of no provincial funding at that time, and I guess people were mad how hot inside the bus during hot summer.

i did a quick walk by of Niagara transit garage today as well as going to St.Catharines Garage in a few hours

here's some of the pics of Niagara

does anyone have an idea what unit number that one Classic is that's all blacked out?

8936_2.jpg

S7302232.JPG

2255.jpg

S7302237.JPG

S7302234.JPG

i did a quick walk by of Niagara transit garage today as well as going to St.Catharines Garage in a few hours

does anyone have an idea what unit number that one Classic is that's all blacked out?

Are they running those buses in service with St. Catherines lettering on them !?

Are they running those buses in service with St. Catherines lettering on them !?

The blacked out bus is 1988 MCI Coach # 33

Those St.Catherines Classics are not in service yet

so my stupid hockey game was an hour late so i didn't get to the STC garage in time to get some good pics so i had to angle though the fence.. my buddy said he is going to let me go in one day when he's off for some better pics.. but here's some of what i got

and on the deadline there it's 8485,8737,8738,8740,8846 and 9156 is also on the line but just not on the line haha

S7302247.JPG

S7302246.JPG

S7302252.JPG

S7302253.JPG

S7302244.JPG

Which was the other one? I remember one of them was 9264.

well i was talking to my bus driver friend he said one was 9265. and for some reason i keep thinking the other one was 9261

there was 1 yellow one and 1 purple one

in latest news

Wasn't it 92 that burnt down and replaced by another bus bearing the same number?

92 did get the fire yes which was replaced by a 2003 invero

95 needed a new engine.. all of st.catharines Invero's were fitted with Detroit Diesel

which didn't work out well so St.Catharines is sending out all their invero's to get fitted with Cummins engines

92 just got sent out yesterday as well, it will be the last invero to do the switch

just also got back from the St.Catharines garage a few minutes ago

i asked for a new fleet roster which he will give me when it's updated

i took about 102 pictures haha which i will post some on my site.

in addition to the 8 hybrids St.catharines will be getting 3 D40LF's as well in '08

hoping that in 2010 they will be all low floor

the 88's will be gone by the end of 2008 he also said

they are building an addition to the garage cause they are running outta room

and when i was there 2 of the 7 hybrids had to come back 0707 and 0714 as there A/C won't work which is under warranty

Seems they are on hook with environmental friendly stuff.

yup. there was an article in the Standard saying that their main goal is to be environmentally friendly by 2010 getting rid of all the Classics and Orion V's

but talking to the manager he thinks it'll be more like 2012 when all the Orion V's are off the road

• 2 weeks later...