The CIT thread...

8 hours ago, Cimon8000 said:

very odd that they are selling them off that quick and from the photos on Ebay they look very decent...............anyone knows what's the reason they are selling them off?

On the other hand, i am wondering if all the CIT buses, including those used New Flyer D40LF from Kingston, Ontario and D40LFR from Red Deer, Alberta, have been decalled into the EXO scheme or not?  Thank you.

As of 2 weeks ago, they have not been exoed.

The drivers hated they Midis, they did not like the way they drove and handled compared to the ElDorados. I have heard first hand stories from some CIT drivers in regards to those. I wonder how they like the Vicinities.

• Like 1
On 10/15/2020 at 10:43 PM, MTL66 said:

As of 2 weeks ago, they have not been exoed.

The drivers hated they Midis, they did not like the way they drove and handled compared to the ElDorados. I have heard first hand stories from some CIT drivers in regards to those. I wonder how they like the Vicinities.

I've seen Presqu'ile drivers fly around corners with the MD30s as if they were driving cutaways.  They obviously don't handle the same way.....  However; in terms of driver comfort, the Vicinities look less back breaking than the MD30s.  I hope they like them better.

• 4 weeks later...

Transit returning to Le Haut-Saint-Laurent in 2021 : new routes will serve Godmanchester, Howick, Huntingdon, Ormstown, Sainte-Barbe, Très-Saint-Sacrement, Saint-Louis-de-Gonzague, Saint-Stanislas-de-Kostka and Sainte-Martine, with service to Mercier (potential exo connection) and Salaberry-de-Valleyfield (potential Société de transport de Salaberry-de-Valleyfield connection and cégep service). Areas unserved by the new routes will have dial-up services to connect with fixed route.

https://www.journalsaint-francois.ca/un-nouveau-service-de-transport-verra-le-jour-dans-le-haut-saint-laurent/

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

While browsing on facebook, an ad for drivers from Transdev shows up, the interesting part is that they were looking for drivers in Deux-Montagnes

Is transdev taking over Autobus Deux-Montagnes or Paquette or it's extra for REM related shuttle work ?

https://montreal-transdevna.icims.com/jobs/13663/job

edit: Exact same posting nearly word by word was also posted by Autobus Fleur-de-Lys

On 12/30/2020 at 12:20 AM, eclair14 said:

While browsing on facebook, an ad for drivers from Transdev shows up, the interesting part is that they were looking for drivers in Deux-Montagnes

Is transdev taking over Autobus Deux-Montagnes or Paquette or it's extra for REM related shuttle work ?

https://montreal-transdevna.icims.com/jobs/13663/job

edit: Exact same posting nearly word by word was also posted by Autobus Fleur-de-Lys

The REM shuttle currently being run by Keolis was awarded to shuttle passengers downtown. With the complete closure of the DM line tonight, extra buses were needed so another tender was launched as Keolis does not have enough buses to run the entire contract.

The REM shuttle will be operated by Transdev, Keolis and Fleur de Lys conjointly. When the demolition starts at DM Station, the commuter parking lot as when as the bus terminal at DM Station will be moved to the parking lot of the Cinema Guzzo up the road.

Info via a supervisor friend at exo

On 12/31/2020 at 2:43 AM, MTL66 said:

The REM shuttle currently being run by Keolis was awarded to shuttle passengers downtown. With the complete closure of the DM line tonight, extra buses were needed so another tender was launched as Keolis does not have enough buses to run the entire contract.

The REM shuttle will be operated by Transdev, Keolis and Fleur de Lys conjointly. When the demolition starts at DM Station, the commuter parking lot as when as the bus terminal at DM Station will be moved to the parking lot of the Cinema Guzzo up the road.

So I got a more clear picture of how it is going to work.

Keolis will operate from January 4th to January 29th (Monday to Friday Only)

Paquette will operate from January 2nd to January 31st (Weekends Only)

Transdev and Fleur de Lys start on February 1st and they both have the contract for the remainder of the REM Shuttles. Transdev will have the bulk of the contract with Fleur de Lys coming in as support. It is still unclear who will operate what, but according to 1 Keolis driver who is transferring to Transdev, Transdev will be responsible for any shuttle that will terminate at Mansfield. Transdev/Fleur de Lys will have a temporary garage along the 640 near Nova Bus to store their buses.

On 12/31/2020 at 2:43 AM, MTL66 said:

Wrong, keolis will no longer operate the 4xx circuits in the coming weeks, and Fleur de Lys is temporary until June when Transdev will operate all exo Laurentides 4xx circuits at 100%.

Also, is not Cinema Guzzo but Sainte Eustache Cinema

Source : https://www.seao.ca/OpportunityPublication/ConsulterAvis/Recherche?ItemId=19533e09-e2a4-4c45-a692-092ee73c9641&callingPage=2&searchId=89778f9f-978c-43d8-bff5-acaa015cb825&VPos=0

On 1/8/2021 at 9:10 PM, Seb_CITL said:

Wrong, keolis will no longer operate the 4xx circuits in the coming weeks, and Fleur de Lys is temporary until June when Transdev will operate all exo Laurentides 4xx circuits at 100%.

Also, is not Cinema Guzzo but Sainte Eustache Cinema

Source : https://www.seao.ca/OpportunityPublication/ConsulterAvis/Recherche?ItemId=19533e09-e2a4-4c45-a692-092ee73c9641&callingPage=2&searchId=89778f9f-978c-43d8-bff5-acaa015cb825&VPos=0

This information is direct from the exo supervisor and confirmed by a driver who is transferring from Keolis to Transdev.

Transdev and Fleur de Lys start on February 1st, 2021. I personally know 2 drivers that will working the shuttles, 1 is transferring from another Transdev division and 1 was hired by Fleur de Lys.

• Like 1

All the Route to/from Montreal (404, 496, 497,498 and 499) is a new contract because the service must be with buses type coach. 

Also 405 (Deux Montagne - Sainte Therese) is operate by Autobus Deux Montagne.

And since 2019, Route 12, 15, 17 and 20 is operate by Deux Montagne and Parquette with Trandev

• 2 weeks later...

Next week, exo Sud Ouest line 1 is being cut back to Beauharnois. The Societe de Transport de Salaberry-de-Valleyfield (Operated by Transbus) will be taking over the route from Beauharnois to points west as route 11. 

Everything west of Beauharnois is outside of ARTM territory.

STSV Press release [French, PDF]

• Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...

SCOOP!

exo Vallée du Richelieu will going to on demand as a 1-year pilot project for all services in Beloeil and McMasterville

Affected routes are Trainbuses, 20M, 20B, 27 and Local Taxibuses T81, T82, T83, T84, T85. There was no mention of Bus routes 82, 83, 84 or 85.

• 3 weeks later...

The emergency closure of the Île-aux-Tourtes bridge evidently has a large impact on Exo La Presqu'Île service, as can be seen in this notice. In summary:

• Free service on all of Exo La Presqu'Île buses and the Vaudreuil-Hudson train. 
  • No service on lines 7, 10, and 91. 
  • Hybrid schedule of line 40 and the train (i.e. line 40 will not "compete" with the train and vice versa). 
  • A shuttle service, the 910, will link Gare Pointe-Claire to Fairview for users who normally use the 7 or 10 to go to Fairview.

I wonder who runs the 910 shuttle since it wouldn't make sense for PI buses to deadhead in traffic from the facility in Vaudreuil. Perhaps something from Exo Sud-Ouest, or even the STM?

Also, it would make sense to allow buses to run on the shoulders of A20 as it is obviously a traffic nightmare. In any case, there will be additional buses on the 40 and 335 to reduce delays. I spotted an unknown 4th gen pink LFS (374 or 375) on the 40 today. 

3 hours ago, West Island Transit Fan said:

I wonder who runs the 910 shuttle since it wouldn't make sense for PI buses to deadhead in traffic from the facility in Vaudreuil. Perhaps something from Exo Sud-Ouest, or even the STM?

910 was operated midday by CITPI 378 cutaway

• Thanks 1