The exo thread...

dj.surf.lfs

On 2017-02-19 at 0:55 PM, Jack 47 said:

South Shore CIT's need lots of new drivers, as suggested by some local newspaper ads in Saint-Bruno and Saint-Basile.  If you have a class 2 F license and looking for a transit job with an opportunity to drive a wide variety of vehicles in one fleet (CITVR still has some RTS's, drive them before they're gone this summer!), now is a good time.

They may be looking for drivers, but CITVR won't hire you unless you live in the imediate area. I know a couple of people who have applied and been told they can only get the job if they move within a certain distance since they are Part-Time and On Call.

7 minutes ago, MTL66 said:

They may be looking for drivers, but CITVR won't hire you unless you live in the imediate area. I know a couple of people who have applied and been told they can only get the job if they move within a certain distance since they are Part-Time and On Call.

It is not an issue of being part-time or on-call.  It is an issue of drivers working split-shifts and the difficulty getting rest between AM and PM shifts. It may not be practical to work for CITVR if you live in Montreal, but Boucherville, Ste. Julie, Saint-Basile and Saint-Bruno (where the municipal paper had CITVR ads) are reasonably close (25 minutes or less).  None are in the immediate area. I live near Beloeil but chose part-time work at a CIT with coaches, which means a 35-minute drive.  Some of my colleagues have a similar commute.

CITVR needs plenty of on-call and replacement drivers.  I did my reserve-bus lane training with a CITVR RTS on January 20th.

Tell your contacts to try again, if not, the other CIT's (Boucherville, Roussillon) are still looking for Class 1 and 2F drivers and might take them in.  CV's can be brought directly to the garage of their choice.

• 2 weeks later...

URBIS has officially retired their remaining Orion Vs, no clue if any more will end up in the Repentigny Fleet.

URBIS also officially no longer has anymore Cutaways in their Fleet, they have been replaced Nova LFS and New Flyer MD30s according to official roster I received for the Street Side Guide.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MTL66 said:

URBIS has officially retired their remaining Orion Vs, no clue if any more will end up in the Repentigny Fleet.

URBIS also officially no longer has anymore Cutaways in their Fleet, they have been replaced Nova LFS and New Flyer MD30s according to official roster I received for the Street Side Guide.

How many LFS and MiDi's they up to now?

RTCR acquired another ORion V; 29113 bringing their total to 3. They have also acquired some former URBIS cutaways.

URBIS now has MiDi's 29701 to 29706 and 29709 to 29724 (22) and LFS they recently added 29271 to 29278 (8).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:39 AM, MTL66 said:

RTCR acquired another ORion V; 29113 bringing their total to 3. They have also acquired some former URBIS cutaways.

URBIS now has MiDi's 29701 to 29706 and 29709 to 29724 (22) and LFS they recently added 29271 to 29278 (8).

interesting that RTCR is buying their Orion V...................are they buying the Orion V to replace their RTS? interesting enough~~

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, dj.surf.lfs said:

Spotted CITSO/Transdev 8063-33-6 with another fleet number 6076 beside it... Anyone know the reason / history of this coach? It's not listed on wiki.

34581639752_44ef5798f7_z.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dj_surf_lfs/34581639752/

That could be an old Auger or old Viens/Veolia number. Auger was acquired by Transdev-Limocar around 2009-2010.

On 2017-05-19 at 10:18 AM, TheAverageJoe said:

Is that one of the demo's that was built to NYC MTA specs?

No, this was a demo marketed to CITs in a transit configurations with the sliding bi-fold doors. I guess like the MTA specs, just a little different

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

CTRP will bonify it's service starting August 14th

The interesting bonification is that there will be a mid-morning trip from Saint-Marc-des-Carrières and Saint-Raymond leaving at around 10am, this could be useful for students that have only half a day at the college.  They will also operate a against the flow trip starting at 8:15am to both destination (that a meh upgrade)

Also students will get a 50% discount on the CTRP monthly pass

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I will post it here.

CTJM is no more, noticed today the logos were replaced with Transport - MRC de Joliette. These logos appear on both local service within Joliette and on buses operating on routes 50/125. The School Bus routes out of Terminus Joliette still have the CRT Lanaudiere lettering, including their new bus 1770...

img_logo_transport-420x280_c.png

10 hours ago, MTL66 said:

I guess I will post it here.

CTJM is no more, noticed today the logos were replaced with Transport - MRC de Joliette. These logos appear on both local service within Joliette and on buses operating on routes 50/125. The School Bus routes out of Terminus Joliette still have the CRT Lanaudiere lettering, including their new bus 1770...

img_logo_transport-420x280_c.png

CTJM and TAJM (paratransit) were integrated and transit powers repatriated to MRC de Joliette on June 1st, when Bill 76 creating RTM has came into force. Regional-municipal transportation (i.e. managed by MRCs) is becoming more and more common throughout the province.

By the way, MRC de Montcalm already repatriated ex-CRTL route 37.

Nonetheless, I doubt MRC de Joliette has full powers over routes 50 and 125. Perhaps all of Gaudreault transit vehicles can be affected to MRC or CRTL routes, or maybe they bear all of the Lanaudière MRC logos ― hence the Joliette logo. Nothing in the CRTL verbatims announces that it will be disbanded or that its structure will change.

• Like 2

On 08/08/2017 at 11:03 AM, webfil said:

CTJM and TAJM (paratransit) were integrated and transit powers repatriated to MRC de Joliette on June 1st, when Bill 76 creating RTM has came into force. Regional-municipal transportation (i.e. managed by MRCs) is becoming more and more common throughout the province.

By the way, MRC de Montcalm already repatriated ex-CRTL route 37.

Nonetheless, I doubt MRC de Joliette has full powers over routes 50 and 125. Perhaps all of Gaudreault transit vehicles can be affected to MRC or CRTL routes, or maybe they bear all of the Lanaudière MRC logos ― hence the Joliette logo. Nothing in the CRTL verbatims announces that it will be disbanded or that its structure will change.

Gaudreault vehicles, you mean Keolis?

The town of St-Colomban in the Laurentians has announced a new free fixed-route bus service running during rush hours to the St-Jerome train station, at least during the school year. This area continues to be served by the Transport Collectif MRC Riviere-du-Nord (on reservation).

http://www.st-colomban.qc.ca/fr/page/autobus-saint-jerome.html

Pet peeve of mine that they don't offer reverse-peak service as well, doesn't cost them any more since the vehicle has to go back anyways. There could also be more stops along the route, including on the underserved areas of Mirabel and St-Jerome that this route passes through. Maybe if the route ends up taken over (or run in partnership) with the RTM (CITL).

It does seem pretty interesting for students, I have a coworker in St-Colomban who agrees. The urban fabric (or lack thereof) is obviously a limiting factor, though. It can be quite dangerous to walk on those unlit rural side roads in the winter. However, it is a town of 13000 people, so there's definitely enough population to support transit service.

We'll see how long this lasts. In any case, I wish this service great success and hope it catches on.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

EXO-VR (formerly RTM-VR and CITVR) local Route 11 Mont-Saint-Hilaire is FREE as of July 9th.

For any transit fans of the Dodge Grand Caravan, here is your chance to ride some transit for free.

This is the right step for mass transit in the Vallée de Richelieu, with a six-passenger fourgonnette serving the densely-populated Transit-Oriented Development (Secteur TOD) around the Mont-Saint-Hilaire train station.  This service is only available on weekdays.

Please note the bus (minivan) can only contain 6 passengers at a time, plus a limited volume of retail and grocery cargo purchased from the local Montenach shopping mall:

https://www.ville.mont-saint-hilaire.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/communiqueprojetpilotegratuitecircuit11finalweb.pdf

https://rtm.quebec/Media/Default/pdf/section4/Horaires-bus/VR_Circuits-locaux_11-85.pdf

• Haha 1