dj.surf.lfs

The CIT thread...

340 posts in this topic

On 2017-02-19 at 0:55 PM, Jack 47 said:

South Shore CIT's need lots of new drivers, as suggested by some local newspaper ads in Saint-Bruno and Saint-Basile.  If you have a class 2 F license and looking for a transit job with an opportunity to drive a wide variety of vehicles in one fleet (CITVR still has some RTS's, drive them before they're gone this summer!), now is a good time.

They may be looking for drivers, but CITVR won't hire you unless you live in the imediate area. I know a couple of people who have applied and been told they can only get the job if they move within a certain distance since they are Part-Time and On Call.

7 minutes ago, MTL66 said:

They may be looking for drivers, but CITVR won't hire you unless you live in the imediate area. I know a couple of people who have applied and been told they can only get the job if they move within a certain distance since they are Part-Time and On Call.

It is not an issue of being part-time or on-call.  It is an issue of drivers working split-shifts and the difficulty getting rest between AM and PM shifts. It may not be practical to work for CITVR if you live in Montreal, but Boucherville, Ste. Julie, Saint-Basile and Saint-Bruno (where the municipal paper had CITVR ads) are reasonably close (25 minutes or less).  None are in the immediate area. I live near Beloeil but chose part-time work at a CIT with coaches, which means a 35-minute drive.  Some of my colleagues have a similar commute.

CITVR needs plenty of on-call and replacement drivers.  I did my reserve-bus lane training with a CITVR RTS on January 20th.

Tell your contacts to try again, if not, the other CIT's (Boucherville, Roussillon) are still looking for Class 1 and 2F drivers and might take them in.  CV's can be brought directly to the garage of their choice.

RTCR has acquired another Orion V from URBIS bringing their total to 2.

29102 was added to the fleet this week. All RTS are officially retired.

1 person likes this

URBIS has officially retired their remaining Orion Vs, no clue if any more will end up in the Repentigny Fleet.

URBIS also officially no longer has anymore Cutaways in their Fleet, they have been replaced Nova LFS and New Flyer MD30s according to official roster I received for the Street Side Guide.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, MTL66 said:

URBIS has officially retired their remaining Orion Vs, no clue if any more will end up in the Repentigny Fleet.

URBIS also officially no longer has anymore Cutaways in their Fleet, they have been replaced Nova LFS and New Flyer MD30s according to official roster I received for the Street Side Guide.

How many LFS and MiDi's they up to now?

RTCR acquired another ORion V; 29113 bringing their total to 3. They have also acquired some former URBIS cutaways.

URBIS now has MiDi's 29701 to 29706 and 29709 to 29724 (22) and LFS they recently added 29271 to 29278 (8).

2 people like this

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:39 AM, MTL66 said:

RTCR acquired another ORion V; 29113 bringing their total to 3. They have also acquired some former URBIS cutaways.

URBIS now has MiDi's 29701 to 29706 and 29709 to 29724 (22) and LFS they recently added 29271 to 29278 (8).

interesting that RTCR is buying their Orion V...................are they buying the Orion V to replace their RTS? interesting enough~~

On 3/17/2017 at 0:22 PM, Cimon8000 said:

.are they buying the Orion V to replace their RTS? interesting enough~~

Yes

11 hours ago, TheAverageJoe said:

Yes

They only got 3, the others were replaced by LFS

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, dj.surf.lfs said:

Spotted CITSO/Transdev 8063-33-6 with another fleet number 6076 beside it... Anyone know the reason / history of this coach? It's not listed on wiki.

34581639752_44ef5798f7_z.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dj_surf_lfs/34581639752/

That could be an old Auger or old Viens/Veolia number. Auger was acquired by Transdev-Limocar around 2009-2010.

15 minutes ago, webfil said:

That could be an old Auger or old Viens/Veolia number. Auger was acquired by Transdev-Limocar around 2009-2010.

Neither Auger Métropolitan nor Veolia used number schemes like that, and I think this is a 2016 model...

2 hours ago, dj.surf.lfs said:

Spotted CITSO/Transdev 8063-33-6 with another fleet number 6076 beside it... Anyone know the reason / history of this coach? It's not listed on wiki.

34581639752_44ef5798f7_z.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dj_surf_lfs/34581639752/

Ex-Prevost Demo #6076

prevost_demo6076.jpg

Image from Barraclou.com

3 people like this

10 hours ago, MTL66 said:

Ex-Prevost Demo #6076

prevost_demo6076.jpg

Image from Barraclou.com

Is that one of the demo's that was built to NYC MTA specs?

On 2017-05-19 at 10:18 AM, TheAverageJoe said:

Is that one of the demo's that was built to NYC MTA specs?

No, this was a demo marketed to CITs in a transit configurations with the sliding bi-fold doors. I guess like the MTA specs, just a little different

1 person likes this