The exo thread...

dj.surf.lfs

CIT Le Richelain launched its new network on monday. New hierarchical route numbering (10-99 local, 100-199 Montréal-bound and 300-399 express), new taxibus (the only route serving Candiac train station is now a taxibus...), new terminus (@Montcalm/Industriel in Candiac) and free rides on local routes (Gestrans, we see what you did there).

I never got to try the starveling CITLR services, but I ought to say it's hard to complain when it is free...

Also, that now makes a bunch of AMT infrastructures (La Prairie and Candiac termini, Candiac train station) for such a ridership (1.3M passenger/year, average <5000/weekday).

• 4 weeks later...

i am wondering if that CITVR RTS 3325300 is still active or not? Also is that Classic 624305 retired already? Is it still sitting inside CITVR yard? Thx

There's no sign that it's been retired yet. Only RTS's at CITVR I know to be retired are 601, 603, 604 and 605 with the arrival of the new LFS's. All classics are retired and are parked with the retired RTS's in the Veolia Boucherville yard.

• 4 weeks later...

CIT Roussillon seems to add some new equipment to their fleet, 304224 is a 4th Gen LFS, spotted at Longueuil terminal last week on route 210 to Delson

Seen it a few times picking up students at CEGEP Edouard-Monpetit in Longueuil and heading on hwy 132 to Delson

Thread title changed. Sorry for the 6+ year delay...

Nitpick: There are no longer any OMITs left. As a result of many transit mergers there was only one OMIT left and it's now referred to as "Ville de Sainte-Julie" as opposed to "OMIT Sainte-Julie"

• 5 months later...

CITHSL has officially stopped serving Huntingdon and Godmanchester.

The new Bout-de-Ligne is now Ormstown.

http://mrchsl.com/mrc_transport_cit

According to The Gleaner Newspaper, 633 people boarded at stops in those two municipalities in all of December 2014.

No word yet on what, if anything, the two municipalities are going to do about transit, but the entire CITHSL system is said to be in turmoil at the moment.

Alex

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...