The exo thread...

dj.surf.lfs

But I just don't see the point of owning a TRAM and using this line ; the local fare is by far a cheaper option. This is probably why it is not indicated on the flyer.

There are going to obviously be very few people with TRAMs onboard. But who's to say you can't live in Beloeil and travel to Montreal daily and once in a while need to go to Ste-Julie?

• 1 month later...

Is this service legal? Doesn't St-Joseph fall under CIT Laurentides territory? If so, wouldn't that mean CIT Laurentides is the only authorized transit operator in St-Joseph-du-Lac?

I can't help but think of the shuttle put in place many years ago by the city of Montreal-Est to shuttle people to Honore-Beaugrand metro, which was abolished because it was illegal.

Is this service legal? Doesn't St-Joseph fall under CIT Laurentides territory? If so, wouldn't that mean CIT Laurentides is the only authorized transit operator in St-Joseph-du-Lac?

I can't help but think of the shuttle put in place many years ago by the city of Montreal-Est to shuttle people to Honore-Beaugrand metro, which was abolished because it was illegal.

No clue. I find it bizarre that the city of St-Joseph-du-Lac wouldn't just get the CIT to run the service anyways, even if they'd have to provide an additional subsidy. St-Joseph-du-Lac has, however, been operating a local shuttle within town without complaints from the CIT for a couple of years now. In fact, I remember when it came out, the CIT even published a notice advertising the new service in its buses. So who knows what the CIT will think of this service?

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to award a big O for this name change for no good reason!

I don't know what is up, but I don't think naming lines (Accès, ExpressO) is a good marketing strategy. They tried it a hundred years ago and they came up with numbers so that everyone would stop being confused.

• 2 weeks later...
On the topic of whiny suburbanites asking for better transit service - case in point RTCR

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites/regio...s-reservees.php

Whiny?

10 years of waiting, investments and promises for a mass transit project that never came (Via-Bus, then train) and asking for reserved (or even HOV) lanes, them be temporary or not, is not whining.

That said, I wrote twice to Repentigny in 2004 and 2005 to get answers to my questions about Via-Bus stagnation and never got answered.

I once called to submit the idea of a temporary AMT express buses between Terminus Repentigny and Lucien-Lallier while waiting for the train. Never got feedback. Wouldn't temporary bus lanes on Sherbrooke Est be a superb idea, giving the East fast buses while not decreasing the car capacity on A-40?

expressdelest.png

Yes, whiny. People that move to that part of Lanaudiere with garbage transit from a private company (Groupe Orleans formerly Groupe Gaudreault) cannot expect to have service on par with the major systems or even a half decent CIT like Laurentides or Vallee-du-Richelieu. Isn't it a popular option for people to cross the bridge with their cars and park at Autoparc Sherbrooke or better yet Terminus Radisson?

That being said I have no problem with any Via-Bus project or even the train de l'est even though I would prefer the train to end in Repentigny or L'Assomption and have the Mascouche train pass by Laval. I don't know why the AMT is stonewalling on these major projects, the cities pay important sums of subsidies towards the AMT and should get something back.

Can anyone help me understand the relationship between Conseil intermunicipal de transport de Sorel - Varennes (CITSV) and the Régie intermunicipale de la Gare de Sorel (RIGS)? As I understand it CITSV like other CIT's is operated by a contractor. Yet it's RIGS that's buying buses from New Flyer, and that owns and operates the intermodal terminal in Sorel-Tracy. So how many layers of contractor and contractee are there? Are they both involved in the same bus services, or do they have different (but perhaps overlapping) responsibilities? Who handles local transit in Sorel-Tracy?

CITSV is the transit authority responsible for service between Sorel-Tracy and Longueuil (they also operate service to Saint-Amable). The services is contracted to Autobus La Quebecoise.

Based on this website (PDF) (in French only) on page 4, they speak of the history between CITSV and RIGS. Apparently, the RIGS is only an "company" that is responsible for the maintenance of Gare Sorel, the old CN Train station now converted into a bus station.

The RIGS is also responsible for the relocation of the terminus to a new spot on Poliquin Street (see this PDF for details, again only en Francais).

The only "local transit" in Sorel is the Taxibus, according to the Ville de Sorel-Tracy Website.

This is how things are right now. What's interesting is a little blurb on the bottom of the city's page which states:

De plus, la Ville de Sorel-Tracy travaille actuellement avec ses voisins pour mettre sur pied un système de transport en commun régional.

Translated, that means the city is working with neighbouring cities to launch a regional transit system. I think this is where you saw buses being ordered for the RIGS. I would assume their name would be changed to Conseil Regional de Transport (CRT) when they actually start a bus service (like the current CRT Lanaudiere)

CITSO has decided to join the 20th century* and install proper bus stops on Newman Blvd in LaSalle. Here is the press release

NOUS DÉSIRONS AVISER NOS USAGERS QUE L’AGENCE MÉTROPOLITAINE DE TRANSPORT A PROCÉDÉ À L’INSTALLATION DE PANNEAUX D’ARRET SUR LE BOULEVARD NEWMAN À MONTRÉAL (LaSalle) À L’USAGE DES CLIENTS DU CITSO

Veuillez utiliser ces arrêts pour monter à bord des véhicules du CITSO

•Arrêts Newman/Carrefour Angrignon et Newman/Guy-Bouchard : arrêts jumelés : à l’est de la rue Guy-Bouchard

•Arrêt Newman/Senkus : à l’est de l’intersection

•Arrêt Newman/Léger : à l’ouest de l’intersection

•Arrêt Newman/Lapierre : à l’ouest de l’intersection

•Arrêt Newman/Thierry : à l’ouest de l’intersection

•Arrêt Newman/Shevchenko : à l’ouest de l’intersection

•Arrêt Newman/Dollard : à l’est de l’intersection

•Arrêt Newman/90e Avenue (Jean-Milot) : à l’est de l’intersection

•Arrêt Newman/Labatt : à l’ouest de l’intersection

•Arrêt Newman/Lafleur : à l’est de l’intersection

WE WOULD LIKE TO ADVISE PASSENGERS THAT THE AGENCE MÉTROPOLITAINE DE TRANSPORT HAD INSTALLED BUS STOP SIGNS ON NEWMAN BOULEVARD IN MONTRÉAL (LaSalle) FOR CITSO CLIENTS

Please use these bus stops to board all CITSO buses

* I say 20th century because when a bus company has installed real time GPS bus times, then it has joined the 21st century

CITSV is the transit authority responsible for service between Sorel-Tracy and Longueuil (they also operate service to Saint-Amable). The services is contracted to Autobus La Quebecoise.

Based on this website (PDF) (in French only) on page 4, they speak of the history between CITSV and RIGS. Apparently, the RIGS is only an "company" that is responsible for the maintenance of Gare Sorel, the old CN Train station now converted into a bus station.

The RIGS is also responsible for the relocation of the terminus to a new spot on Poliquin Street (see this PDF for details, again only en Francais).

The only "local transit" in Sorel is the Taxibus, according to the Ville de Sorel-Tracy Website.

This is how things are right now. What's interesting is a little blurb on the bottom of the city's page which states:

Translated, that means the city is working with neighbouring cities to launch a regional transit system. I think this is where you saw buses being ordered for the RIGS. I would assume their name would be changed to Conseil Regional de Transport (CRT) when they actually start a bus service (like the current CRT Lanaudiere)

Thanks for the explanation. So the translation of Gare de Sorel as "Sorel Station" is literal, they are in the business of administering a transit terminal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It could just be that it was at the garage in Boisbriand or was serving another line outside of Ste-Therese train station. Like the Bois-des-Filion or Ste-Anne-des-Plaines bus out of Cartier stn

i was actually talking to one of the LIMOCAR staff at their garage and ask regarding to 673......however they all don't speak English*(well i don't speak French if you want to say it this way) that when i ask about the bus, they said "673..........no no no bus 673........" wonder if he means the bus is retired or not.