The exo thread...

dj.surf.lfs

The schedule for CIT La Presqu'ile route 51 Saint-Lazare has been released.

7 Morning Departures to Gare Vaudreuil.

7 Afternoon Departures from Gare Vaudreuil.

"Route will start before the back to school season. Exact date will be released later."

http://ville.saint-lazare.qc.ca/publictransport

http://ville.saint-lazare.qc.ca/documents/...sonsENv20n3.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
AMAZING!

SURF is integrating students at CSSMI high schools into the regular transit network. Over 60 "intermediate routes" are going to serve the extra peak demand! In other words, you'll now be able to ride school buses like any other bus.

http://www.citl.amt.qc.ca/circuits-intermediaires/index.asp

Looks like bus spotting on the north shore just got more interesting. I'm wondering if Transdev has enough 'transit' buses to cover all of these runs though.

Speaking of SURF, I wonder if they will update their online system maps this time around.

Looks like bus spotting on the north shore just got more interesting. I'm wondering if Transdev has enough 'transit' buses to cover all of these runs though.

Autobus Paquette recently received new Blue Bird Suburban to run this new service. Maybe that Autobus Deux-Montagnes will also take advantage of a new delivery ? I think that these two companies will take care of «intermediate routes» for Ecole secondaire des Patriotes and Polyvalente Deux-Montagnes.

To follow in the next weeks!

Well, Paquette and DM only has 8 trips together, that's not much at all. Transdev on the other hand has 52 trips, 25 of which serve Polyvalente Sainte-Thérèse alone, with all buses leaving at the same time (between 1625-1630). Even if some trips are interlined with trips to/from other schools, it would still require Transdev to put 25 more buses on the road for the PST trips alone. I'm not sure if Transdev has that much spare buses in the fleet.

Don't let this "new" SURF service fool you. It's not a new service. What's new is that regular users are allowed to use them. Buses in SURF livery serviced these areas before. They are Flat-Nose school buses (9XX-21-X); looking similar to this:

4211118336_a2b459fe18_m.jpg

Edited by kellergraham

Don't let this "new" SURF service fool you. It's not a new service. What's new is that regular users are allowed to use them. Buses in SURF livery serviced these areas before.

That's right. And as for the system maps, they better update them with all the changes they're making in Boisbriand and Blainville. They haven't been updated since August 2008. There have been a huge number of changes since then with more to come the 23rd. But I doubt they'll include these school routes on them, it's ridiculous to even mention a service that runs once a day in each direction to areas few people have any real interest in travelling to (high schools). But they should maybe make a separate map highlighting this service (?)

• 4 weeks later...

Some very interesting info I learned today that some of us never knew or where confused about CITL and the last classics ever built. So this comes from a ex-Limocar driver:

675217 to 678217 are the last classics ordered by Limocar and the before last batch ever made in 1997.

Now Auger ordered the very last 2 Classics built and were in Auger livery BUT never operated for Auger! They were bought by CITL/Limocar and renumbered in reverse order 674217 and the last one 673217.

So CITL 673217 is the last Classic bus ever built.

For the record:

673-21-7, ex Auger 651, Last Sighting 18-Mar-2010 by stm_5307N

674-21-7, ex Auger 650, Last Sighting 18-Mar-2010 by stm_5307N

675-21-7, ex Limocar (VR) 9796, Last Sighting 04-Jun-2010 by kellerGraham

676-21-7, ex Limocar (VR) 9797, Last Sighting 29-Jun-2010 by kellerGraham

677-21-7, ex Limocar (VR) 9798, Last Sighting 15-Jun-2010 by kellerGraham

678-21-7, ex Limocar (VR) 9799, Last Sighting 09-Sep-2009 by kellerGraham

Some very interesting info I learned today that some of us never knew or where confused about CITL and the last classics ever built. So this comes from a ex-Limocar driver:

675217 to 678217 are the last classics ordered by Limocar and the before last batch ever made in 1997.

Now Auger ordered the very last 2 Classics built and were in Auger livery BUT never operated for Auger! They were bought by CITL/Limocar and renumbered in reverse order 674217 and the last one 673217.

So CITL 673217 is the last Classic bus ever built.

Once at Limocar, was 673 renumbered from 9773 and 674 from 9774 or is it the oppsite?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if anybody has noticed, but it appears to me that CIT Laurentides has two old STM buses in its fleet: 17-031 and 17-084. I've spotted them at or near Terminus Montmorency several times recently. The destination signs are not functional, but they have rectangular signs on the bottom left of the windshield indicating the route the bus is on. Has anyone else spotted them?

mlaaa posted this in the CIT Sightings thread in August:

As reported by Rotax on MdeMontreal forum, ex-STM 17-031 (#652) and 16-002 (#651) on route 8 (SURF) at Metro Montmorency (AM rush)

So that means they have three first gens? These two are with Paquette. Did you happen to see a current fleet number for 17-084?

I saw another one today: 17-054. As for 17-084 current fleet number, I don't remember. If I see these buses again, I'll get back to you.

Exactly, Autobus Paquette has four (4) first gens : 17-031 (#652), 16-002 (#651), 17-054 and 17-084. Sorry don't have fleet number for the last two buses.

These buses are exclusively assigned to route 88 Express and 8 Express. Keep eyes open !!

Saint-Zotique, Les Coteaux, and Coteau-du-Lac now have public transit service!

http://www.citso.org/vaudreuil/

The schedule is really confusing. I don't know who they're trying to convince with that. Hopefully, they'll simplify it soon!

Essentially, they've created a transfer point in Coteau-du-Lac. Most of their old Valleyfield/Vaudreuil departures now include a stop there. There is also a local route running between Saint-Zotique and the new transfer point. Interestingly, there is one off-peak departure in each direction from Valleyfield to Coteau-du-Lac and onto Saint-Zotique.

This is excellent news! I knew this day would finally come! The municipalities across the river from Valleyfield would eventually want the CITSO buses zooming by on the 20 to make a stop. I'm very happy for the people of that area.