The exo thread...

dj.surf.lfs

I have a question:

Does anyone know which SURF routes are wheelchair accessible? I noticed that SURF has a few wide-front door LFS for Zone Ouest. A smart move, for a transit authority in Quebec, I must say. :lol:

Edited by SMS
Topic title edited as there are no more OMITs

Does anyone know which SURF routes are wheelchair accessible? I noticed that SURF has a few wide-front door LFS for Zone Ouest. A smart move, for a transit authority in Quebec, I must say. :lol:

I don't think that Limocar has any accessible LFS. So the entire Centre zone would be out. As far as the West is concerned (the Paquette lines), the two lines that are LFS-only are the 8 and the 88. The other lines are sometimes run by smaller buses. But I've never noticed if all of Paquette's LFSs were accessible (actually, I've never noticed if any was!!!).

I don't think that Limocar has any accessible LFS. So the entire Centre zone would be out. As far as the West is concerned (the Paquette lines), the two lines that are LFS-only are the 8 and the 88. The other lines are sometimes run by smaller buses. But I've never noticed if all of Paquette's LFSs were accessible (actually, I've never noticed if any was!!!).

It looks like 90 is accessible. http://www.transitfan.com/gallery/v/mystic...107-03.jpg.html

Looking at my own shots of 614, it does have a front ramp! First time to have an accessible bus for Quebec contractor system!

Not quite, the 9 is a mix of RTS and LFS but unlike the STM they don't advertise which ones come when.

Paquette's LFS buses are accessible.

As for other CIT services, most have LFSes on some of their routes but don't necessarily advertise them as wheelchair accessible.

Nitpick: There are no longer any OMITs left. As a result of many transit mergers there was only one OMIT left and it's now referred to as "Ville de Sainte-Julie" as opposed to "OMIT Sainte-Julie"

I have news:

1. SURF is selling its PASSE-SOLEIL for students using SURF during the summer. You can use the full system for just $30 between June 20 to August 31. I think I'm gonna cry now... http://www.citl.amt.qc.ca/avis/affich_avis.asp?no=373

2. SURF updated its system map section, now using JPG instead of PDF. And take a look at Circuit 90 on the legend... It has a WHEELCHAIR SYMBOL!!! :lol: And bonus points for anyone who can find 930, I can't. :D

Zone Nord: zone_nord.jpg

Zone Ouest: zone_ouest.jpg

Zone Centre: zone_centre.jpg

I have news:

1. SURF is selling its PASSE-SOLEIL for students using SURF during the summer. You can use the full system for just $30 between June 20 to August 31. I think I'm gonna cry now...

2. SURF updated its system map section, now using JPG instead of PDF. And take a look at Circuit 90 on the legend... It has a WHEELCHAIR SYMBOL!!! :D And bonus points for anyone who can find 930, I can't. :D

You beat me to it! :lol:

They say "etudiants des laurentides", but I am hoping they don't really have a way or bother to check this. And also that it is for all students and not just High School students. If I can get my hands on one of these: this is gonna be fuuuuuun! :D

Glad to see they decided to use JPEG, and not the long to load and zoom-into PDF. Yeah Rt.90 is definitely accessible, although I'm not too sure how useful that is since there doesn't appear to be any connection out of the city.

For a second I thought you meant STL 930 that used to serve St-Eustache.

And bonus points for anyone who can find 930, I can't. :lol:]

The 930 is a Taxibus service between Gare Deux-Montagnes and Les Promenades Deux-Montagnes.

It runs Monday -Friday from 8:24 - 21:23 and Weekends and Holidays 7:19 - 18:20

It's meant to serve as a connection with the 93 bus route ONLY.

I don't know why this route exists as there's already service between Gare Deux-Montagnes and Promenades Deux-Montagnes via the 80.

Alex

2. SURF updated its system map section, now using JPG instead of PDF. And take a look at Circuit 90 on the legend... It has a WHEELCHAIR SYMBOL!!! :lol: And bonus points for anyone who can find 930, I can't. :D

It's logical to make the 90 accessible as it is the main line for the St.Eustache hospital. However, if that is the reason for it, why not make the 89 also accessible, as it serves the Polyclinique where a lot of senior citizens go?!

I don't know why this route exists as there's already service between Gare Deux-Montagnes and Promenades Deux-Montagnes via the 80.

Alex

Looking at the schedule of 80, the frequency is not that great. It's 30/60 minutes on Mon-Sat, and 60/120 on Sundays. Also, buses only pull into Promenade2M during midday, the rest of time people have to get off at Promenade/28e. I think they need to at least add an extra BUS between those places rather than a TAXI.

• 2 weeks later...
You beat me to it! B)

They say "etudiants des laurentides", but I am hoping they don't really have a way or bother to check this. And also that it is for all students and not just High School students. If I can get my hands on one of these: this is gonna be fuuuuuun! :lol:

Glad to see they decided to use JPEG, and not the long to load and zoom-into PDF. Yeah Rt.90 is definitely accessible, although I'm not too sure how useful that is since there doesn't appear to be any connection out of the city.

For a second I thought you meant STL 930 that used to serve St-Eustache.

Seems I might be doing quite a bit of SURFING soon. You can purchase the card, as long as you have a valid Reduced or Intermediate fare access card! :P

Still cant believe its $30, that less than one Reduced CAM! And this is valid for almost 3X as long!

||||||| ||||||| ||||||| ||||||| ||||||| ||||||| ||||||| ||||||| |||||||

Route 8 has had an accessible W I D E - D O O R LFS for the past two days now.

Paquette also has at least one LFS with the "semi-new" headlight configuration, that is the two light redesigned model. Will be interesting to see 40' LFS with the new rear!

Seems I might be doing quite a bit of SURFING soon. You can purchase the card, as long as you have a valid Reduced or Intermediate fare access card! ;)

Still cant believe its $30, that less than one Reduced CAM! And this is valid for almost 3X as long!

Happy Surfing! I wish they had that when I was your age.

OMG that makes me sound OLD!

:( lucky you. Well, have fun SURFing, hopefully you'll have some videos to share when you come back. ;)

Maybe SURF will get the first 40' LFS with the redesigned rear, since the NovaBus plant is in SURF territory?? I must be dreaming again. :o

Actually SURF seems to hate Nova. The QC Government had to ASK them to buy, since it is "right there".

Transit school buses anyone?

They seem to be really cool with Transifanning too, in St-Eustache at least. Apparently there is a group that comes in a white bus twice a year, and takes pictures!?! :angry:

Happy Surfing! I wish they had that when I was your age.

OMG that makes me sound OLD!

Thank you.....well you got that Tram8, so you're good. :angry:

At least SURF's done a good job covering their school buses with that extreme livery :lol:

I can't see SURF buying something other than Nova really, why would they go with Orion or New Flyer in the first place?? I don't see them going back to school buses either, with all the low-floor accessibility regulations etc etc... <_<

Tram 8 is my dream pass. :D

Tram 8 is my dream pass. :)

It is for me as well! It's only the second time I've bought one. The last was in July of 2005. Money is only part of the problem, the other problem is making sure your work schedule doesn't interfere with afternoon rush hour!

As a side note, TRAM 5 gives you a lot of bang for your buck as well...

At least SURF's done a good job covering their school buses with that extreme livery :D

I can't see SURF buying something other than Nova really, why would they go with Orion or New Flyer in the first place?? I don't see them going back to school buses either, with all the low-floor accessibility regulations etc etc... B)

Tram 8 is my dream pass. :P

Actually, they just bought some brand new ones that arrived this winter, have yet to catch them.

There are no regulations whatsoever, STM is almost the only system that is accessible, that is the entire hypocrisy.

• 1 month later...

More SURF service improvements coming in August 25!! The new circuit 28 EXPRESS will be introduced and will run from 8h to 21h weekdays between Bois-des-Filion and Metro Cartier. Other service improvements include longer service hours on St-Eustache, Deux-Montagne and Ste-Anne-des-Plains routes.

RÉSUMÉ DU PROJET DE RÈGLEMENT

ZONE NORD

CIRCUIT 1

En semaine :

 Ajustement de l’horaire du circuit

 Modification du parcours pour desservir le Centre des aînés de Saint-Jérôme entre 8 h et 17 h

 Aucune desserte sur la 14e avenue, la 19e rue (Médaillon d’Or) et face au Salon Trudel entre 8 h et 17 h

ZONE CENTRE

CIRCUIT 9

LAVAL (MÉTRO MONTMORENCY) VERS SAINT-JÉRÔME En semaine :

 Modification des heures de départ des voyages 1, 3, 5 et 7 pour la desserte du Cégep Saint-Jérôme

CIRCUIT 23

SAINTE-ANNE-DES-PLAINES VERS SAINTE-THÉRÈSE En semaine :

 Prolongation du service le dimanche jusqu’à 23 h 40

CIRCUIT 24

SAINTE-ANNE-DES-PLAINES VERS LAVAL (MÉTRO CARTIER) En semaine :

 Ajustement de l’horaire du circuit

 Ajout d’un voyage vers Laval à 6 h 27

 Prolongation du voyage 1 vers Sainte-Anne-des-Plaines à 16 h 15

CIRCUIT 28

BOIS-DES-FILION (EXPRESS A19) VERS LAVAL (MÉTRO CARTIER) NOUVEAU SERVICE EXPRESS A-19 (en semaine seulement)

 Ajout de 14 voyages vers Laval (métro Cartier) entre 8 h 15 et 20 h 35

 Ajout de 12 voyages vers Bois-des-Filion entre 9 h 00 et 21 h 10

CIRCUITS INTERMÉDIAIRES  Suppression à compter du 24 juin de tous les circuits ajoutés afin de répondre au besoin de la clientèle durant la période scolaire

AVIS IMPORTANT : Tous les embarquements et débarquements au cégep Lionel-Groulx auront lieu du lundi au vendredi au nouveau débarcadère. Les jours fériés, les samedis et dimanches, les usagers devront se rendre à l'abribus situé sur la rue Saint-Louis. Par contre, et en tout temps, les usagers des taxis collectifs devront se rendre à l'abribus situé sur la rue Saint-Louis

ZONE OUEST

AJUSTEMENT DES HORAIRES SUR TOUS LES CIRCUITS DANS LA ZONE OUEST EN SEMAINE, LES JOURS FÉRIÉS, LES SAMEDIS ET DIMANCHES

CIRCUIT 8

TERMINUS SAINT-EUSTACHE VERS LAVAL (MÉTRO MONTMORENCY) En semaine :

 Ajout de 2 voyages vers Laval à 5 h et à 23 h 30

 Ajout d’un voyage vers Saint-Eustache à 23 h 15

Samedi, dimanche et jours fériés :

 Ajout d’un voyage vers Saint-Eustache à 23 h 50

Samedi :

 Fréquence aux 40 minutes entre 8 h et 10 h 35 et entre 15 h 20 et 18 h 35

Un arrêt sera ajouté à Grande-Côte et 11e avenue

CIRCUIT 80

TERMINUS SAINT-EUSTACHE VERS POINTE-CALUMET Tous les jours :

 Desserte unidirectionnelle dans Pointe-Calumet et Saint-Joseph :

- le trajet empruntera le chemin Oka, 59e avenue, Place René, André-Soucy, De la Chapelle, Saint-Joseph

Samedi :

 Fréquence aux 40 minutes entre 6 h 30 et 10 h 35 et entre 15 h 20 et 18 h 35

CIRCUIT 88

SAINT-EUSTACHE / SAINTE-THÉRÈSE En semaine :

 Ajout de 10 départs

 Nouveau débarcadère au cégep Lionel-Groulx

Samedi :

CIRCUIT 89

TERMINUS SAINT-EUSTACHE / GARE DE DEUX-MONTAGNES En semaine :

 Le service se terminera à 22 h 35 au lieu de 22 heures

Dimanche :

 Le service débutera à 8 h 40 au lieu de 9 h 40

CIRCUIT 90

TERMINUS SAINT-EUSTACHE / GARE DE DEUX-MONTAGNES En semaine :

 Le service se terminera à 22 h 35 au lieu de 21 h 30

 Fréquence aux 40 minutes entre 8 h et 10 h 35 et 15 h 20 et 18 h 35

Dimanche

 Le service débutera à 8 h 40 au lieu de 9h40

Samedi :

CIRCUIT 91

TERMINUS SAINT-EUSTACHE / TERMINUS SAINT-EUSTACHE En semaine :

 Le service se teminera à 22 h 33 au lieu de 21 h 30

Dimanche

CIRCUIT 92

TERMINUS SAINT-EUSTACHE / TERMINUS SAINT-EUSTACHE En semaine

 Le service finira à 22 h 35 au lieu de 21 h 30

Dimanche

CIRCUIT 93

TERMINUS SAINT-EUSTACHE/GARE DE DEUX-MONTAGNES  Changement du parcours :

- Arthur-Sauvé, Féré, Chemin Oka , Guy, 3e avenue, Henri-Dunant, 8e avenue, gare

- Grand-Moulin, chemin Oka, boulevard des Promenades et gare de Deux-Montagnes

http://www.surf.amt.qc.ca/avis/affich_avis.asp?no=384

• 10 months later...
CIT Chambly-Richelieu-Carignan just (well maybe a month ago?) launched a new schedule pamphlet. It's called "Horaire du Reseau de Transport" and is very similar to the CIT Roussillon schedule booklet. It's quite nice, with lots of maps! http://www.citcrc.ca/CITExpressInfo.aspx?ID=46

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info!

They're similar to CIT Rousillon, because they were designed by Gestrans.

Now, let's get Le Richelain (also Gestrans) to do the same :)

While, were at it, CITSO's printed schedules ( :rolleyes: ) need a makeover as well :P

Alex

(What's with the AG 700 on the front of CRC's schedules :) )