BC Transit - Chilliwack

21 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Sounds almost like they're looking to combine the 66 with the 555 for a one-seat ride. Can't say I necessarily disagree with the proposal, but with that length they might want to get some better suited equipment for that run rather than urban-spec'd Novas.

For that long of a run, a commuter coach with a lavatory would be nice. That or timed washroom breaks between the two termini.

Having said that, on the numerous times that I've taken this bus towards Harrison Hot Springs and back, everyone on board (myself included) seemed to be well prepared for the long runs...

On 5/7/2019 at 10:01 PM, Millennium2002 said:

For that long of a run, a commuter coach with a lavatory would be nice. That or timed washroom breaks between the two termini.

Having said that, on the numerous times that I've taken this bus towards Harrison Hot Springs and back, everyone on board (myself included) seemed to be well prepared for the long runs...

Rumour, and it's always rumour until units show up, is that we "May" get Suburban Enviros on this run.......

Rumour...... Take it with a grain of salt.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

5 New Girardins are currently in Abbotsford, getting final delivery prep to be put into service in Chilliwack. I'll get the unit numbers later.

15 hours ago, RZ350 said:

5 New Girardins are currently in Abbotsford, getting final delivery prep to be put into service in Chilliwack. I'll get the unit numbers later.

Unit numbers are 2779-2783

Sorry I don't have time to update the wiki.

The BC Transit FVX Map still shows the bus using the 200th street exits instead of the new(er) HOV exits on 202. I assume the FVX is now using them, since they're finally open after like a decade of sitting idle.

11 minutes ago, InfiNorth said:

The BC Transit FVX Map still shows the bus using the 200th street exits instead of the new(er) HOV exits on 202. I assume the FVX is now using them, since they're finally open after like a decade of sitting idle.

Yeah, theyve been using the HOV ramps at 202nd for the past year, since the conclusion of the widening project around 216th

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

9203 Has been transferred to Chilliwack, all the buses 9201 to 9210 will soon be Chilliwack buses. the new Girardins are also in service. 9315 to 9318 will be transferred out, probably to Victoria. I'll try to get the list of Arbocs that were replaced soon. Again, I simply don't have time to update the Wiki, my apologies. As a note, one Chilliwack bus will be posted to Abbotsford moving forward, as a backup in case of a breakdown on the 66. they don't want to use the CNG buses on the run, until Chilliwack switches over at a future date.