Yes, basically the 9400s will be FVX exclusive for a short time for any Photo ops, and then the fleet becomes fully integrated. Personally if I was a pax I'd prefer the 9200s for better seats on the FVX.

7134 is in the shop here in Chilliwack, unfortunately, its just in for service and will be leaving.

Update on 7134 its still in Chilliwack and has been taken out by "bigwigs" and evaluated on the Agassiz Harrison.

Chilliwack has received 2 2015 Arbocs, and may be expecting one more.

2580 Hybrid Community/Custom

2590 HandyDART

All I know is that the city would like to expand a bit more, but doesn't yet have the money. Until or unless that changes there will be no need for fleet expansion.

All I know is that the city would like to expand a bit more, but doesn't yet have the money. Until or unless that changes there will be no need for fleet expansion.

BC Transit has addition funding to bring more service into play since they increased the funding for the next three years.

BC Transit has addition funding to bring more service into play since they increased the funding for the next three years.

BC Transit doesn't provide the funding, they provide the buses, and the repairs for same. The funding of the service is provided by the City, and they dont yet have the ability to increase the budget, as they had to provide part of the funding for the FVX. They are working on a budget increase, but aren't there yet.

BC Transit doesn't provide the funding, they provide the buses, and the repairs for same. The funding of the service is provided by the City, and they dont yet have the ability to increase the budget, as they had to provide part of the funding for the FVX. They are working on a budget increase, but aren't there yet.

I throught BC Transit provides a percentage of funding like 47% and city is 53% of the funding.

I throught BC Transit provides a percentage of funding like 47% and city is 53% of the funding.

As I said BC Transit provides. The buses, and all repairs for them, they also provide things like transfers, riders guides, a lot of incidentals, but the city writes the cheques to the operator for service. Until the city is able to increase the budget, no further expansions. This is in the short term though, as the city does want further expansion.

On April 11, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Les Broughton said:

BC Transit aka the province does provide a share of funding for all the systems.

RZ350 with this information I could see if Chilliwack convince BC Transit to invest in their system, Chilliwack could see some form of service expansion with addition bus or two buses for fleet in Chilliwack. 

As someone who has been involved with bid process, you're wrong. If Chilliwack wants more service they must come up with the money. They are doing just that. Once funding is in place, BC Transit has committed to providing the buses.

On April 11, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Les Broughton said:

BC Transit aka the province does provide a share of funding for all the systems.

20 minutes ago, RZ350 said:

As someone who has been involved with bid process, you're wrong. If Chilliwack wants more service they must come up with the money. They are doing just that. Once funding is in place, BC Transit has committed to providing the buses.

Read the above quote and the website: 

BC Transit's share of transit system funding is provided by the Provincial Government. BC Transit funds 46.69% of conventional transit systems and 66.69% of custom systems. A system that is a combination of custom and conventional service (paratransit) will have a cost sharing percentage that reflects the level of each type of service.

Found here: 

http://bctransit.com/chilliwack/about/funding-and-governance/regional

Fraser Valley district could expand the route 66 to provide Sunday service and have route from Chilliwack to Hope. Chilliwack is asking the all year route to Cultus Lake. The plans only add $410,000 per year. I think this reasonable request for BC Transit to approve but I think Chilliwack to Hope could be bad idea because the length and the ridership. So, the only plan that I would want to see the numbers are Chilliwack to Hope route.

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2016/04/26/bc-transit-plans-fraser-valley-service-expansion

$410,000 is a lot of money for a bus route. I suspect you're right and it will be approved but they will need to aggressively foster higher ridership for that level of subsidy to be maintained for any meaningful period of time!

Not sure if this is the best spot to post this, but I spotted what looked to be a Ex Spruce Meadows GM Fishbowl while driving down Vedder Rd in Chilliwack.

I'm wondering who owns this bus now, since it has BC Plates...

On 7/16/2016 at 0:14 AM, AbbyTransitFan said:

Not sure if this is the best spot to post this, but I spotted what looked to be a Ex Spruce Meadows GM Fishbowl while driving down Vedder Rd in Chilliwack.

I'm wondering who owns this bus now, since it has BC Plates...

Compass tours.

I feel like BC Transit drops the ball with Route 66 during the Abbotsford Airshow. I think they have Sunday service during the Airshow. I feel like Saturday and Sunday should have a least 10 round trips during the Abbotsford Airshow for alternative from Metro Vancouver and Chilliwack to driving.