BC Transit - Chilliwack

Yesterday I was out in Chilliwack to visit my grandparents with my dad to wish my grandma a happy mothers day. After the dinner me and my dad decided to swing by the Chilliwack garage so I could try to snag some photos. Chilliwack underwent an expansion this January (along with a fare increase) which brought in two more buses. I knew they would be Darts but I wasn't sure on what kind of Darts they would be. Well I found one of them. 0116 has been transfered from Kamloops to Chilliwack. I couldn't find the other transfered bus but I have been told it is another 35' Dart.

Below is a current fleet summary.

Fleet Summary

July 6, 2008

6715 - 1992 Orion I 01.507

6784 - 1989 Orion I 01.507

9849 - 1998 New Flyer D40LF

9850 - 1998 New Flyer D40LF

9923 - 1999 Dennis Dart 30' (Single Door)

9930 - 1999 Dennis Dart 30' (Single Door)

0116 - 2001 Dennis Dart 35' (Rear Door)

0115 - 2001 Dennis Dart 35' (Rear Door)

- All buses except the Orions have bike racks.

- During the summer season another bus joins the fleet to cover the seasonal "Cultus Lake Shuttle."

Yesterday I was out in Chilliwack to visit my grandparents with my dad to wish my grandma a happy mothers day. After the dinner me and my dad decided to swing by the Chilliwack garage so I could try to snag some photos. Chilliwack underwent an expansion this January (along with a fare increase) which brought in two more buses. I knew they would be Darts but I wasn't sure on what kind of Darts they would be. Well I found one of them. 0116 has been transfered from Kamloops to Chilliwack. I couldn't find the other transfered bus but I have been told it is another 35' Dart.

01XX - 200X Dennis Dart 35' (Door Unknown)

- All buses except the Orions have bike racks.

- During the summer season another bus joins the fleet to cover the seasonal "Cultus Lake Shuttle."

If the unknown Dart is a 00, 01, or a 02 series unit, then it would be with a rear door. Only Darts with no rear door are the 9900 series (Except for the 5 Whistler units - #'s 9905-9909).

• 1 year later...

After spending a day sweating in transit buses I have a Chilliwack update.

6784 and 6715 (Orion I's) are still alive and running.

Abbotsford 8606 (Orion V) is currently in Chilliwack as an extra for the Cultus Lake shuttle. I had a chance to shoot it and ride it throughout the day and am in love :( Not sure if it was reported but it has a new Axion sign and it DOES have Chilliwack programming.

Photos coming tomorrow night.

Chris Cassidy: Live from Harrison Hot Springs

After spending a day sweating in transit buses I have a Chilliwack update.

6784 and 6715 (Orion I's) are still alive and running.

Abbotsford 8606 (Orion V) is currently in Chilliwack as an extra for the Cultus Lake shuttle. I had a chance to shoot it and ride it throughout the day and am in love :) Not sure if it was reported but it has a new Axion sign and it DOES have Chilliwack programming.

Photos coming tomorrow night.

Chris Cassidy: Live from Harrison Hot Springs

Looking forward to seeing them Chris. Never had a chance to even spot the Cultus Lake shuttle. Only had a glimpse of the one going to Harrison Hot Springs. Just got up & I'm already melting in our heatwave!

Rob

• 11 months later...

Twice this week I have driven through Chilliwack on Greyhound trips. Both times I saw a 1st Gen Nova cross Hwy 1 on Vedder road still in the Red and Blue stripes. I wasn't able to get close enough to get numbers though. Anyone know which one (or ones) are now in service in Chilliwack?

Twice this week I have driven through Chilliwack on Greyhound trips. Both times I saw a 1st Gen Nova cross Hwy 1 on Vedder road still in the Red and Blue stripes. I wasn't able to get close enough to get numbers though. Anyone know which one (or ones) are now in service in Chilliwack?

First gen? You mean the ones that came from the STM? I don't remember any of them getting a new livery!?!? Or were you talking about the 2nd gens?

9213-9216 are all in Chilliwack I believe, I'll confirm that on Monday with some photos.

Chris Cassidy

I can confirm 9213 is in Chilliwack. I saw her drive passed the bus depot at 11:30 headed towards Downtown on the route 10. 9213 has the green and blue stripes though.

• 2 weeks later...
Abbotsford and Chilliwack are currently two totally different Transit Systems and have their own maintainance centers with with in their own service areas.

Thanks fot the reply! I might be around Chilliwack in the next few weeks, do they still use the old Briggs Bus yard on Yale Rd. or did they build a new facility?

Thanks fot the reply! I might be around Chilliwack in the next few weeks, do they still use the old Briggs Bus yard on Yale Rd. or did they build a new facility?

I know they moved to a new faciilty sometime in the past two years or so. I don't actually know the street name, but it could well be Yale Road. Reason being, assuming the old Briggs bus yard is a property that is on the south side of the road and is visible from the Trans Canada highway, they moved to a new facility maybe a kilometre or so to the west, on the same road but on the north side.

Thanks again for all the help. Last time I visited Chilliwack was to pick up a lightly used school bus and drove it all the way back to New Brunswick in the early '90s. Apparently my then-employer thought it was a good deal from Briggs even after all my time and expenses. Longest and most boring trip ever, no radio and outward opening doors so no 'poor mans' air conditioning.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...