BC Transit - Chilliwack

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

Interesting that they will force a connection in Agassiz to route 11. Think most people would prefer a direct connection to Chilliwack instead of having to transfer.

Maybe if they used the Trans-Canada instead of mostly unpopulated Highway 7 they could save enough time to make a direct connection to Chilliwack.

• 3 months later...

I just got off what I must say, is the weirdest ride on the 66 'FVX' yet.

Everything started out normal with the 4:45pm departure from Carvolth - until 232nd when we emerged onto Hwy 10, back into Langley Centre on Glover Road and onto the Langley Bypass, then onto Fraser Highway all the way through Aldergrove to Mt. Lehman, where we returned to regular route into HighStreet Shopping Centre, arriving around 6pm. After this it became weirder due to another accident near Clearbrook, so we diverted onto Mt. Lehman south, onto Peardonville (passing the 21 to Aldergrove) before turning south onto Townline Road, east onto Marshall Road, south on Clearbrook and then east on King Road, where the bus terminated at McCallum Park & Ride around 6:20pm, before heading back to Carvolth. Another bus was waiting to take passengers onto Chilliwack, myself included. (No, it wasn't a D40LF from Abbotsford, much to my disdain xD)

• Like 1

On 7/21/2017 at 7:15 PM, SidneyTransitfan said:

I just got off what I must say, is the weirdest ride on the 66 'FVX' yet.

Everything started out normal with the 4:45pm departure from Carvolth - until 232nd when we emerged onto Hwy 10, back into Langley Centre on Glover Road and onto the Langley Bypass, then onto Fraser Highway all the way through Aldergrove to Mt. Lehman, where we returned to regular route into HighStreet Shopping Centre, arriving around 6pm. After this it became weirder due to another accident near Clearbrook, so we diverted onto Mt. Lehman south, onto Peardonville (passing the 21 to Aldergrove) before turning south onto Townline Road, east onto Marshall Road, south on Clearbrook and then east on King Road, where the bus terminated at McCallum Park & Ride around 6:20pm, before heading back to Carvolth. Another bus was waiting to take passengers onto Chilliwack, myself included. (No, it wasn't a D40LF from Abbotsford, much to my disdain xD)

A few weeks back, I had a strange detour myself on the 66 back home to Chilliwack and due to an accident or something on the freeway we detoured in east Abbotsford through the sumas prairies on  Vye & McDermott Road!

As for 8099, I've been keeping a close eye on it at the yard and from what I know it will see service in the next couple weeks or less as it needs a CVI and servicing done before it enters service ;)  It apparently is replacing a bus that broke down, what I don't know but I assume a Nova.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-08-04 at 1:49 AM, SidneyTransitfan said:

https://bctransit.com/chilliwack/schedules-and-maps/alert-details?alertid=1403647991635

Extra service on August 12th and 13th for the Chilliwack fair. Interesting to note a bus at 9am from Carvolth that terminates in Abbotsford. Might be the first time a CFV bus runs to Carvolth.

Abbotsford nova 9465 is on the extra 66 running from highstreet to carvolth tonight

• 2 weeks later...

Hope Regional Transit System will launch on September 5th. The route connecting Hope and Agassiz will be numbered 22, with 2 round trips in the AM and PM peaks respectively, so no surprise there. The service will operate using Vicinity buses. Chilliwack now has 5 units for the combined Agassiz-Harrison and Hope routes. The news article quotes 2 units delivered to Hope, but 4034-4036 are listed at Chilliwack, likely to provide an extra spare unit (and perhaps retire/transfer 2319, the former Agassiz-Harrison backup unit).

https://bctransit.com/hope/news/article?nid=1403648238571

11 minutes ago, Articulated said:

Hope Regional Transit System will launch on September 5th. The route connecting Hope and Agassiz will be numbered 22, with 2 round trips in the AM and PM peaks respectively, so no surprise there. The service will operate using Vicinity buses. Chilliwack now has 5 units for the combined Agassiz-Harrison and Hope routes. The news article quotes 2 units delivered to Hope, but 4034-4036 are listed at Chilliwack, likely to provide an extra spare unit (and perhaps retire/transfer 2319, the former Agassiz-Harrison backup unit).

But this article mention Chilliwack is also getting Vicinity buses:

https://bctransit.com/chilliwack/news/article?nid=1403648238964

4 hours ago, Articulated said:

I'm the one completing the Phase 1 list, and Chilliwack is indeed getting 3.

I don't know if this is a first but I lucked out this afternoon and got a D40LF (9844) on the 66 FVX from Chilliwack to McCallum Park and Ride where it was swapped for a Nova for the rest of the trip to Carvolth. Needless to say, it was a nice treat to hear the Detroit Diesel Series 50 screaming on the highway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The four new buses for Chilliwack come with another service expansion.

4 more daily trips on the 66 weekends and Holidays

Extended service on Promontory

Extra morning service to try and match up with the early runs of the 66

• 4 months later...

So, something extraordinary happened tonight on my way back to Chilliwack. Bus 9221 left McCallum as normal and everything was fine, until we passed the Whatcom exit. On came a continuous beeping alarm, and going slower and slower until pulling over with a total loss of power. In the words of the driver a "great big plume of smoke" just before the alarm came on. Also noticed a pool of Hydraulic fluid under the bus when everyone disembarked.

Bus 9203 came to take over from Abbotsford and we were on our way again in less than 30 minutes. So it seems occasionally a CFV bus does end up on the 66, in the event of a breakdown. It's likely 9203 will be in Chilliwack while repairs are made to 9221.

On 12/30/2018 at 11:53 PM, SidneyTransitfan said:

So, something extraordinary happened tonight on my way back to Chilliwack. Bus 9221 left McCallum as normal and everything was fine, until we passed the Whatcom exit. On came a continuous beeping alarm, and going slower and slower until pulling over with a total loss of power. In the words of the driver a "great big plume of smoke" just before the alarm came on. Also noticed a pool of Hydraulic fluid under the bus when everyone disembarked.

Bus 9203 came to take over from Abbotsford and we were on our way again in less than 30 minutes. So it seems occasionally a CFV bus does end up on the 66, in the event of a breakdown. It's likely 9203 will be in Chilliwack while repairs are made to 9221.

Actually a fairly common occurrence, sometimes we are able to swap the driver right back into the same bus on the return trip.

• 4 months later...