Regina Transit

M. Parsons

If Regina is so short of power, why don't they buy the old Saskatoon D40s, the whole fleet of four is available lol.

I got pics of at least 2 of those D40's in October 2009 in that private lot just outside Saskatoon and they are scrap. Everything is gutted out in them.

I received an up to date Regina Transit roster as of May 1st 2010. I will update the wiki really soon.

Some interesting notes:

#203 ex-Saskatoon New Look is retired

#506 is the only original Regina transit New Look left active! All other 5XX series New Looks are retired.

#801 to 809 are the fleet numbers for the 1998 ex-Charlotte Novabus LFS's

15 MCI Classics that are off the road due to structural issues are the following:

#560, 564, 566, 567, 568, 570, 572, 573, 574, 575, 576, 579, 580, 582, 585

So 11 active New Looks in Regina, 13 GM Classics active (only 1 retired #539) and all pre-90 MCI Classics active except #551

I received an up to date Regina Transit roster as of May 1st 2010. I will update the wiki really soon.

Some interesting notes:

#506 is the only original Regina transit New Look left active! All other 5XX series New Looks are retired.

15 MCI Classics that are off the road due to structural issues are the following:

So 11 active New Looks in Regina, 13 GM Classics active (only 1 retired #539) and all pre-90 MCI Classics active except #551

This must be why they're buying used buses left right and center. Cheaper then rebuilding old stuff perhaps?

Chris Cassidy

Looks like Regina has got its hands on at least one ex-Lethbridge Classic. Rode home on it today, it is no. 218. A link to a pic of what the interior looks like is below, along with my pic of the outside. It is in the new livery, but the front remains in the Lethbridge colours. (which happen to be similar to Regina's) Regina seems to not be painting the fronts of their used busses, because 217 still has Lethbridge's light blue stripe below the front windshield. The colours are similar, but obviously different. Also, does anyone know if we are getting any more Edmonton busses?

http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/alberta...sic/132intr.jpg

07-05-10_1615%20copy.jpg

-Jon

This must be why they're buying used buses left right and center. Cheaper then rebuilding old stuff perhaps?

Chris Cassidy

Keep in mind that the Province of Saskatchewan receives no funding for transit.

• 2 weeks later...

Some interesting notes:

I saw 15 of the Classics parked behind the garage a month ago and could see 14 of their fleet numbers. They're the ones in your list except for 573 and 575. One of these two could be the one I couldn't see the fleet number on. However, 569 is one of the ones that's retired and it's not on the list, so one of either 573 or 575 are probably not retired (unless 16 were pulled from service).

I also saw 3 ex-Montreal Novabus LFS units behind the garage - possibly for parts. One of them was 16-147.

I saw 15 of the Classics parked behind the garage a month ago and could see 14 of their fleet numbers. They're the ones in your list except for 573 and 575. One of these two could be the one I couldn't see the fleet number on. However, 569 is one of the ones that's retired and it's not on the list, so one of either 573 or 575 are probably not retired (unless 16 were pulled from service).

I also saw 3 ex-Montreal Novabus LFS units behind the garage - possibly for parts. One of them was 16-147.

I didn't list 569 as its not even on the roster anymore (i.e. its long retired). As for 573 its been out of service since April 2nd 2010 (dead) and 575 is one of the buses axed by SGI due to structure problems. The Montreal Nova's could be the spare parts buses for the 1st gen Charlotte Transit buses they are putting into service second hand.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Electronic Fareboxes For Regina Transit!!

This morning on the bus I saw a new sign about the new "R-Card" which eluded to a new fare system for Regina Transit. An article on regina.ca gave me all the details. Starting November 1, 2010, Regina Transit will begin using a new "smart card fare collection system" dubbed the R-Card. I would imagine the system is similar to those on other transit systems. I noticed that the old fareboxes had been moved behind the driver, which I thought was odd, but this is to make way for the new fareboxes which will be installed in the next few weeks. There is a bus already outfitted with the new farebox giving demonstrations throughout the city.

Come November 1, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Have other transit companies had troubles implementing similar systems? Along with the restructuring of the downtown hub with the new two-way streets in June, this promises to be another fun month for transit drivers ^_^

Article -

http://www.regina.ca/Page4970.aspx?DateTim...p;PageMode=View

-Jon

Sounds like BEA card reader to me.

That's what it is alright. We have them in Saskatoon and well were still working out the bugs a year after. Part of the problem is that CIS will not let the techs get into the city's computer system to program or update the information they need to. I hope Regina tech. dept. does not make the same mistake.

That's what it is alright. We have them in Saskatoon and well were still working out the bugs a year after. Part of the problem is that CIS will not let the techs get into the city's computer system to program or update the information they need to. I hope Regina tech. dept. does not make the same mistake.

Good lord, typical Mexican made design!

Installation of the new fareboxes is underway, although they are covered up by black bags on the buses they are on. So I still have no idea what they look like.

215 has been repainted from it's Red Deer colours into the old Regina scheme (light blue cheatline, swoops up at front door)

-Jon

215 has been repainted from it's Red Deer colours into the old Regina scheme (light blue cheatline, swoops up at front door)

-Jon

That's the paint scheme the other 3 ex-Red Deer's were suppose to get! Looks like they finally did up the first unit! Can anyone get a pic of it? I'll have to plan yet another trip to Regina next year..lol