M. Parsons

Regina Transit

I presume Novabus, seeing as the city has a fleet almost entirely of NovaBus-made LFS.

On 7/1/2019 at 3:47 AM, Busfanner 19 said:

598 is ip for auction its seen in this video 

Oh hey, Sorry im late to seeing this, I saw it en route to the traffic yard round the first of july

20190508_152608.jpg

Were you aware that there is no RTS bus 666? Methinks that number was intentionally omitted due to the commonplace belief that 666 is the Mark of the Beast! Any thoughts on that anyone? I tried to post that on Wikipedia but it was removed b/c I had no written proof! I know other systems like Edmonton and Calgary definitely had a 666. Edmonton never had a 445 and there is a reason for that, it was damaged during shipment, fixed and sold to Calgary. Back in the day some transit systems did omit fleet number 13; Edmonton did not and actually had three buses numbered 13 at different times!

Calgary has reduced its transit service and shut down an entire garage. REGINA has not & is still operating full steam!

Whatever happened to the two trolley buses Canadian Car that used to be parked behind the garage? I also note that RTS no longer has Old Look GM 200 from 1954, it has been sent to Manitoba Transit Museum and is being repainted as a Winnipeg bus!

On 10/29/2016 at 6:20 PM, Ralph Watzke said:

Seen in Regina today: As alluded to previously, New Flyer low-floor has been bought by Carpe Diem limousine service, painted black, and named "The Crusader". It is not known which RTS fleet number this had been. (I recall that in Edmonton, circa 2007-08, a limo service bought a former ETS Fishbowl, and also painted it black).

IMG_3527.JPG

IMG_3526.JPG

This company Carpe Diem went out of business about 2 years ago. No idea what became of their buses and limos. The man who owns Moose Jaw Orion #21 and runs it as a party bus is my neighbour Terry Boorman, he also recently acquired a white used MCI highway coach from Golden Arrow of Alberta. Arctic Ice Limos own an ex Brampton Ontario Orion I which they use as a limo/party bus. A few years ago I saw one of those green “fake streetcars” driving around REGINA but no idea what became of it, I have not seen it lately. I know Moose Jaw has one that is used for tours by a private company in the summer. Moose Jaw also has a heavily modified Old Look GM former #19 from circa 1965 which has been altered to look like a streetcar and is being used as a tourist info booth.

On 4/14/2020 at 7:21 PM, Ralph Watzke said:

This company Carpe Diem went out of business about 2 years ago. No idea what became of their buses and limos. The man who owns Moose Jaw Orion #21 and runs it as a party bus is my neighbour Terry Boorman, he also recently acquired a white used MCI highway coach from Golden Arrow of Alberta. Arctic Ice Limos own an ex Brampton Ontario Orion I which they use as a limo/party bus. A few years ago I saw one of those green “fake streetcars” driving around REGINA but no idea what became of it, I have not seen it lately. I know Moose Jaw has one that is used for tours by a private company in the summer. Moose Jaw also has a heavily modified Old Look GM former #19 from circa 1965 which has been altered to look like a streetcar and is being used as a tourist info booth.

It was 591

Also who knew that 557 had a Balios Destination sign 

Also what are the articulated buses numbers?

Edited by Busfanner 19

I was not aware Regina had any articulated buses, have not seen any yet!  

QUESTION ABOUT HISTORY OF REGINA TRANSIT - especially the Dial-A-Bus experiment that used mini-buses,.I'm especially interested in the mini-buses of Regina and Calgary that also seem to be missing from the fleet records - the Flxettes, Econobuses, Fleurys , Mercedes Benz, etc. There seems to be very little info about those out there, and only a very few photos exist. Would anyone have any info on those? Also- WHAT happened to those 2 trolley buses that sat behind the garage for several years? I notice that bus 154 is in a neari-ghost town in BC called Sandon, together with a collection of ex-Vancouver and ex-Calgary trolley buses. And were you aware that the restored 1954 Old Look GM number "200" that was lovingly restored for the 2011 Centennial is gone - it's been sent to a Manitoba Transportation Museum to be repainted in Winnipeg colors!

2 minutes ago, Ralph Watzke said:

I was not aware Regina had any articulated buses, have not seen any yet!  

QUESTION ABOUT HISTORY OF REGINA TRANSIT - especially the Dial-A-Bus experiment that used mini-buses,.I'm especially interested in the mini-buses of Regina and Calgary that also seem to be missing from the fleet records - the Flxettes, Econobuses, Fleurys , Mercedes Benz, etc. There seems to be very little info about those out there, and only a very few photos exist. Would anyone have any info on those? Also- WHAT happened to those 2 trolley buses that sat behind the garage for several years? I notice that bus 154 is in a neari-ghost town in BC called Sandon, together with a collection of ex-Vancouver and ex-Calgary trolley buses. And were you aware that the restored 1954 Old Look GM number "200" that was lovingly restored for the 2011 Centennial is gone - it's been sent to a Manitoba Transportation Museum to be repainted in Winnipeg colors!

The articulated buses are still not delivered yet but i dk what their fleet numbers are. Do you think for next year a 2005 LFS will get the sky blue livery for centennial?

15 hours ago, Ralph Watzke said:

[...] And were you aware that the restored 1954 Old Look GM number "200" that was lovingly restored for the 2011 Centennial is gone - it's been sent to a Manitoba Transportation Museum to be repainted in Winnipeg colors!

The Manitoba Transit Heritage Association was very grateful to receive the restored GM "old look" from Regina. It has been repainted in Winnipeg colours and renumbered 188 (after Winnipeg's original 188, a similar GM "old look").

#188 was very popular at Winnipeg area "show and shine" cars shows last summer. The MTHA also decorated #188 for last year's Santa Claus Parade.

• Like 1

Someone really ought to compile a proper fleet listing of the Regina Telebuses. Here is a start:

At least eleven 1974 Fleury 14 passenger units are believed to have been in the fleet, unit numbers 125 to 135

At least one 1971 Dodge van, fleet # 15.

Several Flxettes, one of them was known to be  #12.

At least one or more Mercedes-Benz (Sprinter?) is known #107

An NFB video exists showing some Telebuses, especially 116 of unknown make, but with fancy seventies-type grille and 4 headlights. Also full size GM Fishbowls such as 450 were used for Telebus, as shown in same film.

FLEET LISTINGS are also needed for the similar services in CALGARY and SASKATOON. Here are some known photos of some Calgary units (Econobus and Flxette) and Regina's Mercedes-Benz 107!IMG_2050.thumb.PNG.d5e77954ffec3e37766998d12910139a.PNGIMG_2049.thumb.PNG.70cbca0e8bcbb279a0a6f8682e75650c.PNGIMG_2150.thumb.PNG.a51e6f2d8346baf56b5b2c2248f4ded6.PNG

All three pictures posted are from my website! Note that the newspaper clipping photo is from a Regina Leader-Post article about transit in Yorkton.

Any word yet on the articulated buses? is there a timeline for delivery or anything, maybe a specific month?

1 hour ago, MaT said:

Any word yet on the articulated buses? is there a timeline for delivery or anything, maybe a specific month?

The tender still hasn’t been awarded.

17 minutes ago, SirAndrew710 said:

The tender still hasn’t been awarded.

I was under the impression that 2 NOVA LFS Artics were on order and previously awarded? I believe someone mentioned that a few pages back.

11 minutes ago, MaT said:

I was under the impression that 2 NOVA LFS Artics were on order and previously awarded? I believe someone mentioned that a few pages back.

I checked SaskTenders not even five minutes before making that last post and the status of the competition was still “closed,” rather than “awarded.” My guess is whoever posted that made the assumption based on the fact that Regina hasn’t bought from NFI in years.

• Thanks 1