Regina Transit

M. Parsons

Sooo, I was going through my stuff, and I found a 4 page section from the Leader Post, back from September of 2011 talking about 100 years of Regina transit, and I found this picture...

image.jpg

Anyone know about this bus? It isn't on the wiki, obviously (since I just went through a major chunk of it :rolleyes:)...

Also, like the little bit of 252 (R/N 452 in 1965) in the background?

• 1 month later...

So, I found today that 561 was destroyed by an engine fire on February 19, 2014 (right on my birthday!)

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Firefighters+scene+city+transit+fire+transit+barns+Winnipeg+Street+Regina+February+2014/9535656/story.html?__federated=1

Nobody knew about this? :huh:

Edited by GMC T6H-5307N

• 3 weeks later...

A Regina city councillor is encouraging motorists to give up their cars for a week and take transit.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/regina-drivers-encouraged-to-park-cars-for-week-use-buses-1.2759202

The challenge is taking place with councillors about to consider some major bus
fare increases.

If council approves, the price of a monthly bus pass will increase 21 per cent (from $62 to $75) on Jan. 1, 2015, followed by further increases in 2016 and 2017.

• 3 weeks later...

If they are retiring the D40LF's, then that must mean the 800 series LFS's are on their way out, correct?

If they are retiring the D40LF's, then that must mean the 800 series LFS's are on their way out, correct?

The only thing I heard while at RTS was the 12 NFI D40 LFR's from the late 1990s and early 2000s are going. No mention of the 800 series LFS's? I did find it interesting that their fleet is now 115 busses.

The only thing I heard while at RTS was the 12 NFI D40 LFRs from the late 1990s and eaerly 2000s are going.

The only thing I heard while at RTS was the 12 NFI D40 LFR's from the late 1990s and early 2000s are going. No mention of the 800 series LFS's? I did find it interesting that their fleet is now 115 busses.

Since those LFSes are from Charlotte and probably not heavily used, they probably don't have too much rust.

I'm guessing the D40LFs saw a lot of use and probably need some structural work.

Otherwise it's hard to imagine that 1st gen LFSes with a Series 40 engine would be cheaper to maintain than a D04LF.

If these LFSes are kept, they will probably be some of the last transits in the U.S. or Canada with the Series 40.

• 2 months later...

Some of you have probably seen this on Facebook already, but here it is anyways...

Regina Transit (Saskatchewan) #206 is a 1988 New Flyer Industries D40 that was originally delivered to Moose Jaw Transit (Saskatchewan) when new. #22 was sold in 2008 to Regina Transit where it ran until sometime in either late 2011 or early 2012. Kevin Lo, and myself found it parked in a storage yard de-plated in April of 2012 after it had been retired. This image among 39 others have been added to my website as of today at this direct link: http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/sk/regina/index.htm

090611-6676regina206.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...