Regina Transit

M. Parsons

I just talked to one of my buddies in Regina and they are suppose to get 8 Novas in Dec., 8 in Jan. and 16 more later in '09.

The grage staff are also inpressed with the mechanical condition that the buses are in, the ones they got from S'toon and M.Jaw.

Its funny when we got edmonton's our grage staff said the same thing.

Looks like they've done TLC with it!

Its funny when we got edmonton's our grage staff said the same thing.

992 had been parked for awhile... went through the shops... ran in Edmonton for a few weeks and then disappeared.

No wonder you guys thought they were good! Chucky let some good buses go... I believe they were loaded with parts too.

Yes, some very good units went east (apart from 1 that didn't quite make the trip) and a few sources have commented that "they were not empty", hmm, what could you fill a bus with anyways???

I don't mind driving them at all. I like them better than the ones that we have. I wish that they would program the signs so that they could be used on regular routes as well.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, the Red Deer fishbowls are on the road in the original red and white colors, but word is that they will be painting them the proper Regina Transit colors, but no idea when that may happen. Also, an FYI, Regina Transit plans to make the fleet 100% low floor by 2016.

Yes, the Red Deer fishbowls are on the road in the original red and white colors, but word is that they will be painting them the proper Regina Transit colors, but no idea when that may happen. Also, an FYI, Regina Transit plans to make the fleet 100% low floor by 2016.

Thanks for the info. I'll be in Regina early next month so I hope to get photos of them. Are all 5 running now?

Thanks for the info. I'll be in Regina early next month so I hope to get photos of them. Are all 5 running now?

I'll be in Regina as well next month with SMS. Hopefully as you mentioned they will be in Red Deer colors still by that time.

Also, an FYI, Regina Transit plans to make the fleet 100% low floor by 2016.

Another 6 years of high floor service! That's great!

• 3 weeks later...

Of the Saskatoon and Moose Jaw buses, 201 and the T6H4523N were both wrecked in collisions and the D35 and Orion 1 both never entered service

209 was in base service today, while I saw 212 and 214 enter service in the early afternoon

200 is TDH4801-249 ex ?, Edmonton, ex BC Transit 8705 (this bus not yet in service)

201 was T6H5307N ex Saskatoon ?, wrecked in collision and scrapped

202 is T6H5307N-M1988 ex Saskatoon 383

203 is T6H5307N-C1913 ex Saskatoon 372

204 was never assigned , was to be the D35-88 (anyone have the serial for this??)

205 was T6H4523N-C437 ex Moose Jaw 10, wrecked in collision and scrapped

206 is D40-88 JP013246 ex Moose Jaw 22

207 was the Orion 1 H5001697 ex Moose Jaw 21

208 is the Orion 5 R6031994 ex Moose Jaw 23

209 is Orion 5 T6032638 ex Moose Jaw 12

210 is MCI TC40102N K3000286 ex Timmins Transit #?, Santa Monica 5199

211 is T6H5307N-C1830 ex Red Deer 515

212 is M1356 ex Red Deer 502

213 is M1360 ex Red Deer 505

214 is M1359 ex Red Deer 507

215 is M1810 ex Red Deer 511

506 has TDH5303 teardrop markers and rear engine door with 3-lamp configuration, 4" and 7" LED lamps

147 (Can-Car T48A), 503, 526, 521, 542 and 562 are parked in the dead line at the rear of the property. 542 and 562 still have plates and possibly

might be refurbished (542 still has a rear ad wrap)

It will be in service for just a short time initially I believe, but I have no timetable on that, sorry. As for the used busses they bought, they are just putting a dark blue stripe on the side, so in the case of the Saskatoon busses, they are still green and it looks funny with the blue stripe. I can't wait to see how orange, cream, and dark blue look on the Moose Jaw ones.

209 has been repainted into the dark blue w/gold stripe scheme seen on the refurb Classics and she looks quite sharp. I saw 209 and 506 doing football game charters on Sunday, then 209 in base service this morning. While I was walking up Winnipeg Street to the garage around 12:30, 212 passed me southbound going into service and 214 passed me while I was walking southbound around 1:30

• 2 weeks later...

Straight from Regina, here's some interesting stuff that was seen today:

AM sightings

202 - ex-Saskatoon fishbowl on route 13

209 - ex-Moose Jaw Orion V on route 5

214 - ex-Red Deer fishbowl on route 3

211 - ex-Red Deer fishbowl signed as out of service at the downtown terminal

215 - ex-Red Deer fishbowl on route 13

At Regina transit garage

203 - ex-Saskatoon fishbowl

206 - ex-Moose Jaw NFI D40 (did not go into service today)

210 - ex-Timmins, exx-Santa Monica MCI Classic

213 - ex-Red Deer fishbowl

Retired fishbowls behind garage:

503, 514, 521, 526

Retired Classics:

542, 562

PM sightings

203 - ex-Saskatoon fishbowl on route 2 Special

210 - ex-Timmins, exx-Santa Monica on unknown Special route

506 - heritage fishbowl on signed as downtown on a school special

508 - original Regina fishbowl on route 10 Special

509 - original Regina fishbowl on route 4 Special

516 - original Regina fishbowl on route 3 Special

524 - original Regina fishbowl on route 2 Special

Random PM sightings

508 on route 5 all day

509 on a school special passing the downtown terminal

209 on the 10 all day

212 on the 9

213 on the 10

215 on the 7

701 the Thomas SLF was on the 17 all day (this bus is pure garbage BTW)

What kind of livery did the ex-Timmins Classic (210) have?

It's in the same livery it had when it was with Santa Monica. Nothing has changed.

Random PM sightings

508 on route 5 all day

509 on a school special passing the downtown terminal

209 on the 10 all day

212 on the 9

213 on the 10

215 on the 7

701 the Thomas SLF was on the 17 all day (this bus is pure garbage BTW)

It's in the same livery it had when it was with Santa Monica. Nothing has changed.

When will we see some photos guys??

Just got back from Regina and was not lucky enough to see one of my ex-Red Deer 'bowls roaming around. Sucks to have been on a tight schedule otherwise I'd have gone looking. However here are a few pics I did manage to get, some of which would be more suitable for the "failed photos" forum :P

REgina_550.jpgRegina_550___2.jpg

DSC01051.jpg

DSC07521.jpgDSC07525.jpg

When will we see some photos guys??

Most of the fishbowl photos I took in Regina will be on my GM transit bus site webpage eventually. I got pics of every single New Look left active and retired at the Regina Transit garage.

The New Looks active are:

202, 203, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 506, 508, 509, 516, 524

Retired New Looks at the garage:

503, 514, 521, 526

According to the wiki 505, 514, 518, 519, 520, 522, 525 are active but there were no signs of them anywhere and we did a full garage visit.

According to the wiki 505, 514, 518, 519, 520, 522, 525 are active but there were no signs of them anywhere and we did a full garage visit.

Yes, I believe I was the last one to update the WIKI for Regina for the active 500 series. But the last time I was there was in February 2008, so lots has changed since then as we all know. Again, thanks for all your sightings and updates!

Oh yeah... we weren't trying to sound rude or snobbish or anything in the transit update. Sometimes it's disappointing not to see a bus on the list. Now everyone has the most up to date info on this city. Regina was welcoming but the weather was not warm! Brr! The real fishbowl lovers better get their butts down here pronto!

Oh yeah... we weren't trying to sound rude or snobbish or anything in the transit update. Sometimes it's disappointing not to see a bus on the list. Now everyone has the most up to date info on this city. Regina was welcoming but the weather was not warm! Brr! The real fishbowl lovers better get their butts down here pronto!

Well, at least it didn't snow so far.

I never took it that way at all! It's very much appreciated and feel free to update it if you like as I still may not get to it for awhile honestly.

So for those 500 series fishbowls that were nowhere to be found, should they be listed as retired or??

Well, at least it didn't snow so far.

It didn't snow in Regina during are visit, but we never saw the sun come through. It was either raining or cloudy. :P

Yes, I believe I was the last one to update the WIKI for Regina for the active 500 series. But the last time I was there was in February 2008, so lots has changed since then as we all know. Again, thanks for all your sightings and updates!

I now updated the Regina Transit wiki based on are sightings and garage visit. If there are mistake please let me know. I'm waiting on a roster so hopefully we'll know the status of all those missing New Looks. I listed them as retired as they were nowhere to be found. They could have been sent off for scrap already. I know that they told me that they just don;t have the money to fix most buses anymore and this is a main reason why many of the older ones are dying off fast. This can very well explain why they went out and bought all those second hand buses in the last year.

It didn't snow in Regina during are visit, but we never saw the sun come through. It was either raining or cloudy. :P

It's ok, we have crappy weather on our side too. Winnipeg did snowed yesterday for the first time in 136 years, the earliest snowfall!