TTC Destination Sign Exposure Inconsistencies

On 3/9/2023 at 8:53 PM, yrt1000 said:

Probably one of my favourite destination sign irregularities is the 131 Nugget’s rear destination sign being in a really small font, but only on EB trips. Don’t quote me on this but I think on the Orions it is oriented in the top left corner. The WB trips the rear destination sign is in the “normal” sized font

I was at STC today and I thought to myself, I think it’s been that way for about 15 years when I used to take that bus all the time. 

Here's another one:

The front exposure on the 985 for "EXPRESS NETWORK" is noticeably smaller than what I have seen on all the other express routes around the system. I haven't taken the time to count it out, but it is very strange given how they chose to make that part of the whole express route sign program.

On 3/25/2023 at 8:52 AM, STC125 said:

Here's another one:

The front exposure on the 985 for "EXPRESS NETWORK" is noticeably smaller than what I have seen on all the other express routes around the system. I haven't taken the time to count it out, but it is very strange given how they chose to make that part of the whole express route sign program.

Only the 985A branch exposure is like that, the 985 westbound and 985B eastbound exposures are normal.

Not really a irregularity but a mismatch of info between the sign and website

Both 101 and 128 says "To Stanley Greene Blvd" on the sign instead the website saying of "To Stanley Greene". Of course places like TT just assumed the website is correct and put that up on their page. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Have there ever been two different route numbers listed by the small sign or a back of a bus?

The 504/505 or last years 504A/506 are listed in the rear sign if that's what you mean.

They also fixed the 937 ISLINGTON EXPRES to Steeles sign to say EXPRESS (finally). Might have been last board.

Also the 902 now says 902 MARKHAM RD EXPRESS to Steeles Ave East via Centennial College. I'm surprised they didn't try to spell out avenue.

The 73D sign now says to 73D ROYAL YORK to Albion Road after the extension.

6 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Have there ever been two different route numbers listed by the small sign or a back of a bus?

What was mentioned above, as well as both 47/512 and 47A/512 (depending on the direction) this board. I believe the 509/511 shuttle from the exhibition loop construction in 2016 had both routes numbers in the rear sign too but I am not 100% sure.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

The 504/505 or last years 504A/506 are listed in the rear sign if that's what you mean.

8 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

What was mentioned above, as well as both 47/512 and 47A/512 (depending on the direction) this board. I believe the 509/511 shuttle from the exhibition loop construction in 2016 had both routes numbers in the rear sign too but I am not 100% sure.

Thanks.

Yes, I saw the 47A/512 rear sign yesterday.

I can just see someone whipping out their calculator and trying to figure out what exactly a 0.091796875 bus is.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2021 at 12:06 AM, TTC7447 said:

It's the same for 25A Don Mills when it flips from "to PAPE STATION" to "via DON MILLS STN."  This only happened recently when they changed it from "PAPE STN" to "PAPE STATION"

They have fixed the 25A southbound exposure on some buses.

Somewhat related: The 925 southbound front exposure no longer spaces out the "PAPE".

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The 506 Carlton to High Park via Broadview and Queens external. It sounds different on buses

It was something like this: "Route 600 Not in service westbound towards high park station via Broadview and queen". Its a very fast external annoucement also and the destination sign automatically flips to "506 Carlton to High Park and Keele stn"

Another half baked masterpiece by TTC...

• 3 weeks later...

Not an irregularity, just something I noticed today:

1396 was on the 52A Lawrence West.  As it went past Jetliner Rd, the destination sign changed to read “TERMINAL 3 ONLY.”  Not sure how long this has been a thing.

Please accept my apologies if this was not the right place to post this.

31 minutes ago, TTC7447 said:

1396 was on the 52A Lawrence West.  As it went past Jetliner Rd, the destination sign changed to read “TERMINAL 3 ONLY.”  Not sure how long this has been a thing.

It started this board period if I'm not wrong. It is to inform passengers at Terminal 1 that the bus will be going out of service at Terminal 3 and not continue back eastbound.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TTC7447 said:

It’s relevant so you’re okay.

I’m looking to get the topic renamed to Inconsistencies as Irregularities sounds kinda weird. I couldn’t think of a better term at the time I created the topic many many years ago. 

• Thanks 1

Some messed up external announcements observed through the last few days, some are pretty bad, but others are completely a violation of the AODA

"ROUTE 306c CARLTON BLUE NIGHT, WESTBOUND TOWARDS DUNDAS WEST STATION VIA CASTLE FRANK STATION AND COLLEGE STATION"

- 306 doesn't even go to Castle Frank?

-306C doesn't exist, it is just 306

-College is not even significant if it is closed, blue night

Eastbound:

"ROUTE 306 CARLTON EASTBOUND TOWARDS VICTORIA PARK STATION VIA MAIN STREET STATION"

- None of the TTC maps show 306 to serve Main at all whatsoever, and it doesn't either

But hey, at least they got the signs right though

A couple days ago, forgot to post: 135S Gerrard Short Turn to Victoria Pk Station:

"Route 600 not in service Gerrard to Victoria Park Station"

And also: 301 Queen to Broadview (East)

"STATION"

(Yep, that is literally all it says)

1 hour ago, CJ. said:

Some messed up external announcements observed through the last few days, some are pretty bad, but others are completely a violation of the AODA

"ROUTE 306c CARLTON BLUE NIGHT, WESTBOUND TOWARDS DUNDAS WEST STATION VIA CASTLE FRANK STATION AND COLLEGE STATION"

- 306 doesn't even go to Castle Frank?

-306C doesn't exist, it is just 306

-College is not even significant if it is closed, blue night

Eastbound:

"ROUTE 306 CARLTON EASTBOUND TOWARDS VICTORIA PARK STATION VIA MAIN STREET STATION"

- None of the TTC maps show 306 to serve Main at all whatsoever, and it doesn't either

But hey, at least they got the signs right though

A couple days ago, forgot to post: 135S Gerrard Short Turn to Victoria Pk Station:

"Route 600 not in service Gerrard to Victoria Park Station"

And also: 301 Queen to Broadview (East)

"STATION"

(Yep, that is literally all it says)

I don't know what's happened but the external announcements have been a mess for weeks and weeks. The fake 503 on westbound trips will sometimes announce itself as a 301 night bus, 504 to Dundas West, or a few others not related to what's displayed on the signs. I heard an eastbound fake 503 bus say that it was a 72 bus to Pape station when it stopped at Parliament.

This past Sunday I rode 4498 from Union station. It was signed up as a “510 Spadina- to Exhibition” and….operated the exact route as the 509.

I’m assuming it was an extra as there were another 2-3 streetcars operating the “510” between Union and Exhibition. Kind of confusing because not a lot of people got on it, and waited for a real 509 instead

2 hours ago, yrt1000 said:

This past Sunday I rode 4498 from Union station. It was signed up as a “510 Spadina- to Exhibition” and….operated the exact route as the 509.

I’m assuming it was an extra as there were another 2-3 streetcars operating the “510” between Union and Exhibition. Kind of confusing because not a lot of people got on it, and waited for a real 509 instead

This weekend shuttles were operating on the entirety of Spadina, So the 509 and 510 streetcars ended up running straight to the Exhibition, or short turning at Queens Quay/Spadina, Bathurst/Queen and Bastion

Reminds me, might not be 100% correct but something along these lines that i spotted on the greenwood bus:

Destination sign: 31 Greenwood to Kingston Road Via Eastern and Carlton

Note: There is a correct version of this sign as well

-

I wouldn't really be surprised if someone is doing this on purpose to be honest

On 5/12/2023 at 5:27 PM, Xtrazsteve said:

Now I seen the 47/512 sign. I think they should have just display the destination, To Gunns loop via St Clair instead of the route name.

Where is Gunns??? I want to go to Keele!!! I want to go to the Nations Grocery Store in the Stockyards mall, how do I get there!!!!!!!!!!

On 6/21/2023 at 5:29 PM, CJ. said:

Reminds me, might not be 100% correct but something along these lines that i spotted on the greenwood bus:

Destination sign: 31 Greenwood to Kingston Road Via Eastern and Carlton

Note: There is a correct version of this sign as well

-

I wouldn't really be surprised if someone is doing this on purpose to be honest

I saw it again today. Its 31 GREENWOOD > QUEEN ST E > (KINGSTON ROAD/EASTERN) > CONNECTION to > CARLTON STREETCAR

They should choose one sign to use and stick with it. Why is every other bus using a different variation of the 31 sign