Brantford Transit

Aztek985

Sightings-wise, what's been seen out there @ the terminal? You could put an update in the "General Transit Sightings". Sure, even though some routes are getting lowfloors, I wouldn't mind in knowing which ones exactly. (whenever a few LF's break down and such...you know, those updates that I certain wouldn't mind seeing in the sightings thread)... <_<

• 4 weeks later...

9814 and 9825 have both been scrapped.

Also, there was a Novabus demo in Brantford yesterday afternoon at City Hall. I don't know what it was doing there, but I assume the city is observing the new 2007 model before purchasing them ... or maybe customizing them to Brantford spec? By the time I came back downtown with my camera, it was gone, and probably two cities over by then ;) .

• 2 months later...

Updates:

- 9823, 9941, and 9841 (in that order) are scheduled for retirement in the upcoming months.

- The new fare boxes should be installed in all Brantford buses by the end of November.

- The 2007 Nova bus delivery is now expected in early November.

Updates:

- 9823, 9941, and 9841 (in that order) are scheduled for retirement in the upcoming months.

- The new fare boxes should be installed in all Brantford buses by the end of November.

Holy crap....their only Orion V being retired? That's a surprise.

However, in retrospect, seeing as it's been used on specials according to your past reports, it's not as strong as a surprise then.

Is 9823 a 1981 fishie or an 82?

Finally, is Brantford looking at buying used buses soon? Flyers or even HF's? And lastly, how about the service changes for next month? Updates?

Holy crap....their only Orion V being retired? That's a surprise.

However, in retrospect, seeing as it's been used on specials according to your past reports, it's not as strong as a surprise then.

Is 9823 a 1981 fishie or an 82?

Finally, is Brantford looking at buying used buses soon? Flyers or even HF's? And lastly, how about the service changes for next month? Updates?

The Orion V is being retired because of problems with the frame. Brantford Transit will not rebuild buses anymore so their retiring it instead. It is true that the bus is mainly used on school specials and rarely ever sees regular service, however that in no way contributed to its retirement (look at 9725!).

9823 is a 1981 New Look.

Brantford only buys lowfloors now. Afaik there are no plans for any used bus purchases.

As for service expansions ... service until 1am, as well as major revamp to route 8. I'm hoping this includes a separate route for Holmedale again because from what I've learned, the 8 will be merged with the NWIA special, and it will also be expanded up to Powerline Road north of the Brantford mall. I expect the 8 will need to be separated to manage this as it's already a very long route!

The Orion V is being retired because of problems with the frame. Brantford Transit will not rebuild buses anymore so their retiring it instead. It is true that the bus is mainly used on school specials and rarely ever sees regular service, however that in no way contributed to its retirement (look at 9725!).

Heh, no surprised there. Many drivers absolutely hated it! Someone went to Brantford and spoken to one of the driver when the got the solo Orion V brand new, the rear door was not working for 4 months!

Updates:

Thanks for the heads up Kyle... I'm gonna hop on the remaining Newlooks before they are all gone for good!

Yup 9823 is definetly off the road, it's sitting out back.... the other 2 aren't there, or they are still inside. Figured today was the ideal day to go photo hunting since Sunday is supposed to be a washout. I see someone already got the GMC emblem lol

9823.jpg

Yup 9823 is definetly off the road, it's sitting out back.... the other 2 aren't there, or they are still inside. Figured today was the ideal day to go photo hunting since Sunday is supposed to be a washout. I see someone already got the GMC emblem lol

9941 and 9818 have already been scrapped.

Yep. 9941 was retired over a month ago. It's rollsign was sent to the Bus History Association.

9841 was in service today. It still has it's rollsign installed.

9941 apparently is still on the road... :D I saw it at King and Dalhousie Street doing the Echo Place (?) run I think....

I'd have to see it for myself because I had three Brantford Transit workers, a driver, a mechanic, and the fleet manager, all tell me it's gone. The fleet manager said it's rollsign was sent to this Bus History Association!

I guess it's quite possible they un-retired it due to bus shortage? I'd love to see a photo, I'm going to go out and look today.

Hi if you want a photo of 9941 it's sitting in the garage... I was just down there, it's still roadworthy, licence plates are on it and it has the roll sign up front.

I also spoke to a driver I know... he told me they only use it if they have to because it's a piece of crap, he confirmed it was on the road yesterday.

These were taken not more than 10 minutes ago :lol:

99412.jpg

9941.jpg

Hi if you want a photo of 9941 it's sitting in the garage... I was just down there, it's still roadworthy, licence plates are on it and it has the roll sign up front.

I also spoke to a driver I know... he told me they only use it if they have to because it's a piece of crap, he confirmed it was on the road yesterday.

These were taken not more than 10 minutes ago :lol:

Which bus bay area is it? Spare bus row or service row?

No I didn't ask, I'm not on a first name basis with anybody in the garage.... ;) Some of the bus drivers have known me since I was a kid and some I have worked with at Brant Taxi and at Airlink Transportation.

Really don't know what to tell you Kyle.... if it's any consolation I don't get told everything either. I imagine it's one thing when you work with the buses all day long it becomes ho hum and they don't keep track of what bus went where.

;)

Well I guess it's in service still, as the mechanic I know just told me. How damned weird is that. Guess it isn't too late for me to get a video of it.

You'll never know if they changed their mind or awaiting for future ahead before the official comes.