TTC 6640-6745 Retirements

6734 on 58 midday this afternoon.

It was out for PM Peak too. I rode it.

I was pulling into Lawrence West Station on a westbound 52 when I saw it pulling out to take a layover. I got off and waited for it to come back around. At first I thought it was on 59 but a 59 pulled in a minute or two after I arrived. Then I thought it was a 52S but no, it pulled in as a 58A. I rode it from Lawrence West Station to the Airport. The front doors jammed when I was getting off, the driver told me to hit them. I didn't use much force but they swung open. Also, It got something thrown at it, possibly a rock, after a bunch of kids got kicked off (right in front of their building I might add).

EDIT:

Thought I'd share my photo:

6734-2.jpg

Edited by wil9402

Wil, the doors were sticking last night on the 171 too, while it was sitting at MD, I got a few sweet shots of it, but only with my phone, so the quality of the pictures sucks.

Was it still making a chugging noise when you were on it? almost like there was something stopping it from getting enough air in the intake manifold?

it sounded nasty when I was on it last week, thats why I wondered.

Wil, the doors were sticking last night on the 171 too, while it was sitting at MD, I got a few sweet shots of it, but only with my phone, so the quality of the pictures sucks.

Was it still making a chugging noise when you were on it? almost like there was something stopping it from getting enough air in the intake manifold?

It was like that on my ride on the 52 last thursday. The driver had to play around with it around 2 to 3 times to get it to open.

Fantastic shot. for a minute there I thought it was wilson stn.

Thanks.

I missed 6734 around 4:30 from lawrence west due to my need of a good drink at timmies from lawrence square. However I managed to rode it around 9:40pm. :lol:

That's the trip I rode it on.

Didn't hear any noticeable differences from the other 91 Vs. The driver really got it going fast too at the Airport. He was whipping around all those curves and ramps from Airport Rd up to Terminal 1 as nobody got off or on at Terminal 3 or Jetliner.

It was out for PM Peak too. I rode it.

I was pulling into Lawrence West Station on a westbound 52 when I saw it pulling out to take a layover. I got off and waited for it to come back around. At first I thought it was on 59 but a 59 pulled in a minute or two after I arrived. Then I thought it was a 52S but no, it pulled in as a 58A. I rode it from Lawrence West Station to the Airport. The front doors jammed when I was getting off, the driver told me to hit them. I didn't use much force but they swung open. Also, It got something thrown at it, possibly a rock, after a bunch of kids got kicked off (right in front of their building I might add).

Awesome photo.

Even during the charter the front doors were a bit sticky.

On a weekend? :o

Yup, driver wanted it (likely on a change-off). It'll be out til about 2am.

I plan on heading out for some night shots.

And update to 6702 and '05 in the Mt. Dennis dead yard. They aren't dead yet. Apparently if there is a need to put them back on the road, they may be recertified and returned to service. Confirmed by the fact that the plates are still on them, and from another source.

Yup, driver wanted it (likely on a change-off). It'll be out til about 2am.

I plan on heading out for some night shots.

And update to 6702 and '05 in the Mt. Dennis dead yard. They aren't dead yet. Apparently if there is a need to put them back on the road, they may be recertified and returned to service. Confirmed by the fact that the plates are still on them, and from another source.

dammm, if I wasent in the mood I'm in, I'd go hunting right now.... lol, certain people though would have a complete fit if i did that! LOL (they are at Wellesley & Bleecker) and I already promisd to stay home and get better... lol