TTC 6640-6745 Retirements

6705 is active on the 90.

That it was, and it was freaking awesome. I finally got to ride, photograph, and even make a video of a '91 V! Hooray :)! I was very impressed with 6705. It's a very clean, well-maintained bus. V for Victory ;)! Mission accomplished.

6705 on Route 47B this afternoon! Saw it on Caledonia at Lawrence around 2:15PM.
6734 on 59C this evening
Come on. How did I not see either one when I was in the area. Especially 6734 as I rode 52 and 79 from Yonge to Scarlett Rd.

How did i miss them both?!?! I rode the 52, 45 and the 47 from Kipling to Caledonia Road to Glencairin.

6705 on the 71 this morning. For some reason, It went out of service at around 11:00 when we got to Runnymede station.

I think it's a special work. It's a kind of shift when a driver take the bus out and brings the same one back. Most shifts i'm aware of from one of my buddies who loves to do it told me he only does 5 hours and gets paid for 8. But only if you have enough seniority you can get that piece of work. So it's likely the shift took place between 6AM to 11AM. Other than from what i know it could be a mechanical problem.

I saw a V NB on Keele approaching St.Clair and I think it was a '91 V. I was really far away, but I think the windows were the slide-opens. Don't know if it was on the 41 or 89, but there were passengers. Around 3:45 PM today.

That was 6705 on 41B. I rode it.

EDIT:

Some notes about 6705 from my ride on it today:

- As Orion 7 mentioned in another thread, the old fleet number (in the old font) was removed from under the stop request sign and a new one (in the current font) was put up next to the stop request sign on the drivers side.

- When it kneels it does not beep. The driver kneelled it a couple times and there was never any beep.

- The rear doors are fast. Once the front doors are fully open (which took about 2-3 seconds every time) and someone stepped on the treadle the rear doors would swing open in 1 second. Once the person stepped out of the bus they was close just as fast. If only the VIIs were like this :lol:.

- The lights around the rear doors, the two clear and one green light, only come on if someone is stepping on the treadle. I can't remember if this is how its suppose to be or not.