Saskatoon Updates

• 1 month later...

Just wondering, although I know the City of Saskatoon wouldn't pay for intermunicipal service (like other major cities), have they ever thought of giving Warmen and Martensvile AM/PM Rush Hour service, as long as the two towns pay for it?

Or even as a trial?

I received an updated fleet list from Saskatoon today (sorry, no serial numbers). Can one of the Wiki editors fix a minor mistake?

Buses 1201-1202 are actually Arbocs. Buses 1203-1206 were the 4 40' Nova LFS buses that were recently received.

Looks like someone already got to it. I just went to deal with it now and it's already done. Now we just need some nice images of both batches of buses to post with them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really don't understand how Saskatoon can get artics when Kitchener/Waterloo and Cambridge, which happens to be a larger area than Saskatoon in whole, do not have artics. We are supposed to be getting artics for 2017 :/

I also don't understand how Saskatoon has the "DART" service! GRT, which is what I take has the iXpress serivce, it goes through 3 cities. In Saskatoon, you can get across the city within 10 mins if you take Circle Dr. The reason why I know this is because I used to live in Saskatoon...

I really don't understand how Saskatoon can get artics when Kitchener/Waterloo and Cambridge, which happens to be a larger area than Saskatoon in whole, do not have artics. We are supposed to be getting artics for 2017 :/

I also don't understand how Saskatoon has the "DART" service! GRT, which is what I take has the iXpress serivce, it goes through 3 cities. In Saskatoon, you can get across the city within 10 mins if you take Circle Dr. The reason why I know this is because I used to live in Saskatoon...

Winnipeg still doesnt have artics yet, so KWC isn't the only one! And agreed, it's not like there's a huge rush hour in Saskatoon by any means at all...

another one bites the dust. 992 total loss accident hit n run

Ouch! Very sad to see that happen. I hope everyone was okay if there was anyone on that bus when it happened.

This post inspired me to update my Saskatoon Gallery on my website including photos of 992.

44 New Photos in total added: http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/sk/sktn/index.htm

• 2 weeks later...

You should live in Saskatoon now! With the growth of the city in the last 5 years and with over 20,000 students enrolled into UofS now we need the artics to service the citizens!! We also use the artics for big events that are happening @ CUC. Come on home and you'll be amazed at how much the city has grown and changed. The traffic is a mess right now and we need to build another bridge right after the south circle drive is completed! Saskatoon sure is a great place to live!!!

You should live in Saskatoon now! With the growth of the city in the last 5 years and with over 20,000 students enrolled into UofS now we need the artics to service the citizens!! We also use the artics for big events that are happening @ CUC. Come on home and you'll be amazed at how much the city has grown and changed. The traffic is a mess right now and we need to build another bridge right after the south circle drive is completed! Saskatoon sure is a great place to live!!!

How bads the traffic, and what streets? Also thought of visiting there too, with their River Landing developments and stuff!