Saskatoon Updates

While looking up Saskatoon Transit, found an interesting page:

http://www.saskatoon.ca/DEPARTMENTS/Utility%20Services/Saskatoon%20Transit/Pages/SafeBus.aspx

1) Has any examples of people using this been publically made or since this is CPTDB, seen? and

2) Are there any examples of this in Western Canada? I saw in Winnipeg a few years ago, a driver on our Route 24 stopped to wake up a passed-out person laying on the bus stop pavement. Also of a driver letting this gangster kid on the bus, when some other kids were threatening to beat his ass.

I'm also interested by this... DART service. Thought it meant Dial-A-Ride Transit til I kept reading further :P

just wondering who can provide an updated list of all the ex-Regina Classics in Saskatoon Transit right now? My last visit to Saskatoon was back in 2011 which a few Regina Classics were still sitting at the back of the garage at that time, and I wondered if ALL of those were back to service or not. Thank you

401 has been decomissioned as well 403 was decomissioned a while ago. The GMC are on their way out as they fail insurance inspections. I am probably the only person here happy about that.

Do you have an official list of the remaining New Looks?

Saskatoon never had any of their own D60LF's. The Nova articulated's were the first articulated buses in the Saskatoon fleet. The Nova's were also the first Nova's delivered to Saskatoon Transit. I believe the former Montreal units arrived shortly after the articulated Nova's.

Also, would anyone happen to know if GM Classic #405 is still active? It was the only remaining GM Classic besides #407 when I was there in June of 2011 for the BHA conventions. But when I was in Saskatoon a couple of weeks ago, I did not see 405 at all and found #407 parked out back in the fenced compound. I am not sure if 407 is retired now or not, but it was only about two years ago that it went through refurbishing.

Also, does anyone know the status of MCI Classic #434? Found it in the fence compound two weeks ago with a front right headlight missing. Here are a ocuple more images from two weeks ago:

Actually 449-454 were the first Novabuses delivered to Saskatoon Transit way back in 1995. They were also the last ones delivered with the 6V92TA engines since all the later ones were Classic TDS models.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4 new 2012 Nova arrived sometime between Thursday and Monday. 1203 1204 1205 1206

Too bad I have to wait till the 2 year body warranty is up before I can wrap them.

You`ll have fun with that! They look pretty sharp with the livery. Do you know if more are coming in?

Pulled and parked from service till at least next May.

371, 377, 382, 383, 384, 398, 824 just emptied their sign frames.

I suspect aging frames are failing or are going to fail insurance inspections. And possibly parts discotinued. Public requires safe accessability anyway and narrow stairs dont offer that.