Saskatoon Updates

During my trip to Saskatoon prior and during the June BHA Convention last month I noted ex-Regina Transit MCI Classic #'s 564, 568, and 585 all parked in the storage yard beside the Saskatoon Transit Services Garage. Are there plans to refurbish these 3 units like they have done with the other 6 former Regina Classics that are already in service? I don't recall these buses being mentioned during my trip out there to 'Toon' town. Any help is appreciated and thanks. I don't recall anything being mentioned about these 3 buses on this board either.

During my trip to Saskatoon prior and during the June BHA Convention last month I noted ex-Regina Transit MCI Classic #'s 564, 568, and 585 all parked in the storage yard beside the Saskatoon Transit Services Garage. Are there plans to refurbish these 3 units like they have done with the other 6 former Regina Classics that are already in service? I don't recall these buses being mentioned during my trip out there to 'Toon' town. Any help is appreciated and thanks. I don't recall anything being mentioned about these 3 buses on this board either.

They are going to get refurbished sometime down the line. Not sure when but they will.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was just updating my list of classic buses we got from Regina which are:

560,564,567,568,575 and 585. (in service) 572,573,576,580,583 and 584

please let me know if I missed any.

Yesterday I noticed the 9704 got back being refurbished (didn't have any logos or numbers on it yet)

Now we just need 9 more to get done the blue and white!

424,425,426,429,431,433,449,450 and 9706

Has anyone else noticed that the classics are painted 2 different ways (1-blue around the headlights with black doors & 2-black around the headlights with painted doors)?

sts_453f.JPG

sts_421e.JPG

I heard a couple rumours about our transit (If anybody works for Saskatoon Transit can you please clarify this for me!) thx.

One thing I heard was they were thinking about doing away with the dart buses and paint them our blue & white colours.

Another I heard is we might order 8 buses from nova bus (5 reg lowfloors and 3 artic lowfloors) for 2012.

If we do, the #'s would be 1201-1208.

here's a few pics I took yesterday and this morning including the 9704 with no logos or #'s on it

sts_9704l.jpg

sts_9704m.jpg

sts_386f.jpg

sts_386g.jpg

sts_439_436_401_822a.jpg

sts_992h.jpg

sts_992j.jpg

Nice photos...is 992, an ex-Edmonton Transit Fishbowl?

Yes it is. They did have 3 former Edmonton Fishbowls, but last I heard, only two remain. Also, they had 5 former St. Albert Transit Fishbowls as well from near Edmonton.

Yesterday, I found Saskatoon Transit Services 1995 Nova Classic #450 parked at the Big Rig Collision yard in S.E. Calgary waiting to be flat bedded back to Saskatoon after refurbishing:

151011-08995saskatoon450.jpg

151011-08996saskatoon450.jpg

151011-08997saskatoon450.jpg

I heard a couple rumours about our transit (If anybody works for Saskatoon Transit can you please clarify this for me!) thx.

One thing I heard was they were thinking about doing away with the dart buses and paint them our blue & white colours.

Another I heard is we might order 8 buses from nova bus (5 reg lowfloors and 3 artic lowfloors) for 2012.

If we do, the #'s would be 1201-1208.

here's a few pics I took yesterday and this morning including the 9704 with no logos or #'s on it

The rumour about painting the darts to blue is correct. We figure that any bus should be able to do any route and we're not handcuffing ourselves because we shouldn't put a blue bus on a green bus route and vice versa. Not sure about the ordering? I heard that the maintenance manager might be picking up some used artics form another property, not sure which one though. The # of artics I heard is 5. I hope that we do get them it would help out the 6's going to the UofS from Clarence.

Awesome pics of the 450!!

I hope we do get more artics! Most people I know like them alot.

I did notice that route 6 does get overcrowded alot, even the extra bus doesn't really help much at times.

Thanks Bus Driver!!!

BTW where did we put all the ex-Regina buses?

Awesome pics of the 450!!

I hope we do get more artics! Most people I know like them alot.

I did notice that route 6 does get overcrowded alot, even the extra bus doesn't really help much at times.

Thanks Bus Driver!!!

BTW where did we put all the ex-Regina buses?

Some of the ex- Regina buses are in service already and some on in the compound north of the maintenance shop waiting to be sent to big rig for refurbishing.

• 2 weeks later...

Saskatoon Transit renews its partnership with Nova Bus

Nova Bus is pleased to announce that Saskatoon Transit has selected Nova Bus as its preferred bus supplier for the purchase of its next 40-foot vehicles.

While the decision to purchase buses from Nova Bus was based on a public tender process, Saskatoon Transit is looking forward to extending their partnership with Nova Bus especially after the positive experiences with the 60-foot LFS Artic model, which Nova Bus produced for Saskatoon Transit in 2010.

Making the most of Nova Bus’s know-how and experience, Saskatoon Transit selected a 40-foot configuration for their Nova LFS which offers time-tested performance and reliability. Among its features, the Nova eCooling system, which contributes to reduced fuel consumption and emissions.

Nova Bus is proud to continue our successful partnership with Saskatoon Transit.

http://www.novabus.com/press/latest-news/s...h-nova-bus.html