Saskatoon Updates

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Apparently Saskatoon has recieved some 2007 D40LFR's. 0201 has now recieved the blue and silver paint scheme and other 2002 D40LF's are being repainted into the blue and silver paint scheme (so, not being used on DART routes, presumably with the new LFR's arriving).

• 2 months later...

June 2007 Saskatoon Update

The following buses are retired and parked beside the garage :

399, 406, 408, 414, 416, 731

2007 D40LFR liveries:

0701, 0702, 0704, 0705, 0706, 0707 are all in DART livery.

0709, 0710, 0712 are all in the new livery.

The following buses are also in the newest ST blue livery:

0201, 0202, 0203, 434, 436, 443, 9705, 9707

Only two 1990 NFI D40's remain in service, 732 & 733.

• 2 months later...
Thanks for those links. This looks to be the only page on the internet with good Saskatoon Transit info in terms of rosters etc. Please keep us updated on what's happening, especially with the older fishbowl units. Ride them all the time on Route 13.

So you ride them all the time on the 13? Well, you can probably help us out (If you have the time) by noting which Fishbowls you see each day! That would help us keep tabs on which ones are still around. Most of us live in Alberta who have been there in recent years. A few are in Ontario as well.

Keeping track shouldn't be a problem. I found this board while trying to find more Saskatoon bus fans, still looking.

I can track other busses as well, but can see that the fishbowls are the really special ones. LOL. They put them on DART routes too, right next to the brand new ones, when an extra needs to be run. I apologize for not knowing all the model names.

• Board Admin

Cool, this is probably the board with the most transit fans in general, though the majority of our members seem to be from the Greater Toronto Area.

We would be happy to see your updates here. :) And don't be sorry for not knowing the models - it is really a learning experience. Don't be afraid to ask either! :o Those websites listed above have the models for the majority of the fleet as well if you wanted to do some "research" on your own too.

These are all the records I have today, I never kept track of busses before...

August 1st, 2006

382 on Route #4

October 9th, 2007

401 on Route #2

826 on a University/Downtown extra

380 on a University/Downtown extra

392 on Route #6

383 on Route #13

394 on Route #3/4

403 on Route #21

I'll keep updating this post until a new one appears, then update daily below it and so on.

Thanks for replying. I didn't realize there was such variety innumbers actually. With only ~115 busses you'd think there will be less number series. What's the difference between the 800 and 300/400 sereis for instance?

I'm keeping track of these old GM's in a spread sheet. How often is it a good idea to post here? Daily, weekly... As I do see them at least every other day, especially in the mornings.

I spotted what I think was (ex?)ETS 992 at Place Riel this morning. Could hardly make out the number, but it was a blue and silver fishbowl. It had a white Stoon Transit decal below the front window and on the side. Couldn't see the route number.

Alright, another Saskatoon bus fan!

I might have seen that bus as well, as I'm at Place Riel all workweek. Nearly all the busses I post were seen at Place Riel or on their way there. Here're today's sightings:

Oct 10 2007 382 on an Extra

Oct 10 2007 383 on an Extra

Oct 10 2007 380 on Route # 5

I'm paying a lot more attention to busses now, and am finding that the fishbowls aren't my favorite, although they do have a nice ride. I really like the paint sheme on the older NF, the dark green paint, Saskatoon's original I think.

Alright, another Saskatoon bus fan!

I might have seen that bus as well, as I'm at Place Riel all workweek. Nearly all the busses I post were seen at Place Riel or on their way there. Here're today's sightings:

382on a University/Downtown extra[/size]383on a University/Downtown extra380on Route #5

I'm paying a lot more attention to busses now, and am finding that the fishbowls aren't my favorite, although they do have a nice ride. I really like the paint sheme on the older NF, the dark green paint, Saskatoon's original I think.

Would that be on the NFI D40 high floor (730-735 series) or the much older D800/D900 series (702-729).

The D40's had a modified scheme, much like the first Classic's (448 on Barp.ca), and I thought they were great, not as dark and dreary as the original, but was not impressed with the new colours circa 1995.

The blue sweep just is not Saskatoon for me, it's gotta have green to be from 'Toon Town!

Would that be on the NFI D40 high floor (730-735 series) or the much older D800/D900 series (702-729).

The D40's had a modified scheme, much like the first Classic's (448 on Barp.ca), and I thought they were great, not as dark and dreary as the original, but was not impressed with the new colours circa 1995.

The blue sweep just is not Saskatoon for me, it's gotta have green to be from 'Toon Town!

No No! 702-729 are long gone, Mike!

No No! 702-729 are long gone, Mike!

Well of course they are, I remember them as brand new, so like me they got old and worn out, and off to the knackers... I thought PNG may have seen some older photo's of those beasts :lol: