2008 TTC Wheel Trans bus tender

Mike

I apologize if there used to be a topic about this before, but I couldn't find it.

The Low-floor Wheel Trans bus tender closed on April 14 and it looks like only 2 companies submitted bids: American Bus Products who make the Friendly Bus and Creative Carriage who make a bunch of different products of which I think only the EZ-Trans fits the requirements. The tender calls for 110 buses to be delivered 2008-2010 with an option of 88 additional buses to be delivered 2011-14.

I apologize if there used to be a topic about this before, but I couldn't find it.

The Low-floor Wheel Trans bus tender closed on April 14 and it looks like only 2 companies submitted bids: American Bus Products who make the Friendly Bus and Creative Carriage who make a bunch of different products of which I think only the EZ-Trans fits the requirements. The tender calls for 110 buses to be delivered 2008-2010 with an option of 88 additional buses to be delivered 2011-14.

Even though I think both buses are not that good looking I think I'd prefer seeing Friendly Buses driving around town than EZ-Trans buses.

Even though I think both buses are not that good looking I think I'd prefer seeing Friendly Buses driving around town than EZ-Trans buses.

EZ-Trans may be too big for Wheeltrans use if you ever seen some of the small spaces that the current ELF sometimes fit into at medical centres and senior/handicap living centres

EZ-Trans may be too big for Wheeltrans use if you ever seen some of the small spaces that the current ELF sometimes fit into at medical centres and senior/handicap living centres

they might be suitable for the community bus routes though, i don't know how much longer the orion IIs will be around.

• 2 months later...
TTC should order Dodge Sprinter. I heard nothing but good complements about them. The "Friendly Bus" reminded me of a prison truck!

The Paratransit Sprinters are HFs with Lifts though, I don't think the TTC will ever oder any new vehicles with lifts. I think the TTC is looking for a low floor vehicle. If you ask me, I think Daimler should make a LF version of the Sprinter and market it as an Orion bus (similar to the Orion II).

The Paratransit Sprinters are HFs with Lifts though, I don't think the TTC will ever oder any new vehicles with lifts. I think the TTC is looking for a low floor vehicle. If you ask me, I think Daimler should make a LF version of the Sprinter and market it as an Orion bus (similar to the Orion II).

I also like the Sprinter. But the training material for Wheel Trans operators on the new vehicle is al ready printed up and its very friendly he he.