Night time pictures

Matt Demers

Here's an unhappy bus today. I don't know why when "white" is on my LCD screen on my camera, it always turns up grey on the computer monitor... Also any tips would be appreciated :blink: I didn't use a tripod, but I tried to steady the camera against a traction pole.

IMG_2791__Medium_.JPG

IMG_2795__Medium_.JPG

What's up with having the interior lights on during your charters? When we did ours tonight the interior lights were off.. How else can you see christmas lights if you have the interior lights on??

On the Vancouver charter, the lights in the bus were turned off when people were on board and the buses were actually on the move. When we had stops, though, usually the drivers would turn the interior lights on so people could find their way to the doors.

• Board Admin

Here's an unhappy bus today. I don't know why when "white" is on my LCD screen on my camera, it always turns up grey on the computer monitor... Also any tips would be appreciated :blink: I didn't use a tripod, but I tried to steady the camera against a traction pole.

Those shots do seem white-balanced. There are parts of the picture that are pure white (ie. the lights) so it won't compensate for having the other parts of the picture darker. Photoshop helps. :lol:

Another night shot taken on my Sunday Night Route 2. Bus #7801 - 2002 NFI D40LF. This one wasn't too bad for power compared to many of our Cummins ISC powered D40LF's.

7801left5.jpg

Enjoy!

I see CT employs infared emitters :blink: Nice purple glow there!

Behind the 2, is that a reflection of a sign?

What's up with having the interior lights on during your charters? When we did ours tonight the interior lights were off.. How else can you see christmas lights if you have the interior lights on??

We're fine for that. You do need the lights as people talk, walk and read.

Not everyone exit the bus, some of them stayed inside the bus throughout the entire charter.

That's very good without a tripod! What camera is it?

Dave

Thank you! As Ashton said, it's a Fuji Finepix E900. The thing has more features and settings than I have blood cells lol :lol: I was quite suprised at the result of that shot as well, and the fact it was on Auto! I'll try to get some more night pics in the near future to see if i just got lucky, or if the camera just takes really good pictures :D ...

We're fine for that. You do need the lights as people talk, walk and read.

Not everyone exit the bus, some of them stayed inside the bus throughout the entire charter.

Ok.. the one YRT did is a bit different then. It's all done by staying inside the bus and just driving down the streets "slowly" to see the lights. So lights off is kinda necessary.. or else they wouldn't be able to see anything but a glare..

A few photos from today!

E40LFR (#2154) at west end terminal, with the sign "Granville Station"

http://www.trans-vancouver.fotopic.net/p37129805.html

D40LFR (B7499) on rt.135 laying over at Burrard Station:

http://www.trans-vancouver.fotopic.net/p37129809.html

R7239 (Blue Cross ad-wrap bus) on rt.98 at downtown!

http://www.trans-vancouver.fotopic.net/p37129808.html

Enjoy!

Dave