Fantasy thread

SMS

Add more buses on 204... Extend the route all the way to Lionel-Groulx during peak hours... or at least make it go to Dorval bus terminal like all other routes instead of terminating it north of Gare Dorval so it's easier to connect with 211/221!! :lol: Is there a reason that STM is doing this??

Yeah, there is a reason: it's to piss you off! :(

No bus route, however minor, should terminate at locations inconvenient to the travelling public--such as in the middle of a neighbourhood far from another route connection. The only exceptions would be certain remote industrial parks.

Forcing would-be passengers to run down the block from one bus to the next bus goes against the STM's own safety policy: all of those signs they post warning us not to run after busses! Fine, then: don't make us run!

For example, the northbound route 17 could very easily turn east onto Monkland from Girouard to stop at Villa Maria Metro and save everyone a lot of aggravation.

• 2 weeks later...
Good point about the 196 not connecting to Cote Vertu Metro. Traffic is bad enough on that street around the two rush hours that having to change to another crowded bus several blocks away doesn't make sense. Perhaps their excuse is "not enough parking room" at the terminus?

Too many important bus routes give only half-hour service. The 17 has become a real nuisance in that regard.

I may as well take this opportunity to point out that the 146 no longer terminates at the top of George Baril and Gouin, despite what the latest bus map shows. This route now continues instead to Henri Bourassa Metro--which makes more sense, anyway.

Indeed, there are several such routes which could easily terminate at a Metro station. I've mentioned them before elsewhere in this forum, but it you haven't stumbled across them yet, you can include the 55 which ought to be re-instated to its former terminus at Henri Bourassa, and the 11 which could be better patronized if it went a little further west to the Cote des Neiges Metro.

But by all means please post other routes which you feel justify similar treatment.

All right, I will. Here goes...

-The 43 needs to be sent to a Metro station. The fact that it hasn't ever served one is strange. I'm sure that route runs close enough to a Metro station to have one of its terminuses moved from some random location to a Metro station.

-Send the 68 to Cote-Vertu already. If the STM can send the 268 there, why can't they send the 68 there? To me, it just makes sense.

-How about a new express route? We're already getting the 480 in the fall, but how about an express line in Anjou? Call it the 450 or something.

-How about some new R-Bus rutes as well? The 515 doesn't really count as one, but why not introduce R-Bus service on Cote-Vertu, or on Shebrooke?

-Why not create some new night routes? We haven't had new night routes in years. I can see night routes working well on Cote-de-Liesse / Cremazie / Metropolitaine from Dorval Station to Metro Honore-Beaugrand (the 376), and another on Shrebrooke from the Elmhusrt loop to Metro Honore-Beaugrand (the 366).

-I've always had the idea to introduce a bus route on Atwater (the 155), and on De La Verendrye (the 59). The fact that there is currently very little bus service on De La Verendrye surprises me.

I guess that's about it for now. I've recently made a map for my proposed route 59, so if anyone wants to see it, PM me, and I'll send you the Word document that contains it.

Add more buses on 204... Extend the route all the way to Lionel-Groulx during peak hours... or at least make it go to Dorval bus terminal like all other routes instead of terminating it north of Gare Dorval so it's easier to connect with 211/221!! :( Is there a reason that STM is doing this??

Yes. Too much traffic at Dorval circle, trust me, it's a lot easier and faster to take the climate controlled tunnel to the main terminus than to get pissed waiting in Traffic.

Yeah, there is a reason: it's to piss you off! :P

No bus route, however minor, should terminate at locations inconvenient to the travelling public--such as in the middle of a neighbourhood far from another route connection. The only exceptions would be certain remote industrial parks.

Forcing would-be passengers to run down the block from one bus to the next bus goes against the STM's own safety policy: all of those signs they post warning us not to run after busses! Fine, then: don't make us run!

For example, the northbound route 17 could very easily turn east onto Monkland from Girouard to stop at Villa Maria Metro and save everyone a lot of aggravation.

The 17 having more frequent service may be nice, but it's a "metro-double", a route that duplicated a metro line, and mainly for metrofobes.

What needs to be done is improve service on Girouard and points south, where it is actually more useful.

And that is the only problem I have with connecting to Villa.

That gives me and idea, either terminate the 17 at Villa coming from the north, or just have it stop-by, and create a new, more frequent route to do the southern portion of the 17's route.

All right, I will. Here goes...

-The 43 needs to be sent to a Metro station. The fact that it hasn't ever served one is strange. I'm sure that route runs close enough to a Metro station to have one of its terminuses moved from some random location to a Metro station.

-Send the 68 to Cote-Vertu already. If the STM can send the 268 there, why can't they send the 68 there? To me, it just makes sense.

-How about a new express route? We're already getting the 480 in the fall, but how about an express line in Anjou? Call it the 450 or something.

-How about some new R-Bus rutes as well? The 515 doesn't really count as one, but why not introduce R-Bus service on Cote-Vertu, or on Shebrooke?

-Why not create some new night routes? We haven't had new night routes in years. I can see night routes working well on Cote-de-Liesse / Cremazie / Metropolitaine from Dorval Station to Metro Honore-Beaugrand (the 376), and another on Shrebrooke from the Elmhusrt loop to Metro Honore-Beaugrand (the 366).

-I've always had the idea to introduce a bus route on Atwater (the 155), and on De La Verendrye (the 59). The fact that there is currently very little bus service on De La Verendrye surprises me.

I guess that's about it for now. I've recently made a map for my proposed route 59, so if anyone wants to see it, PM me, and I'll send you the Word document that contains it.

The 40 is getting all day service soon.

Extending the 68 to CV, not a good idea at all, take the 64, it's not hard to get to the metro at all, like many other routes make it.

And running the buses all the way down would require many more buses to be on the route, wasting resources.

Instead more people could benifit from putting those buses on the 64, and it would be a lot simpler than confusing people by having two buses (64 and 68) running down Grenet, if that is indeed your proposed routing. It would also mean that the route would become even longer, and drivers wouldn't really appreciate that.

Also, those coming off the 69 deserve a seat as well, rather than those coming from CV getting all of them

Running to the metro would be almost the same as putting more buses on the 64, and the latter is a way better option, so I prefer that one.

The 268 is a different story, it now compliments the 68, and provides your CV connection, so if people really want a one-seat ride, they can wait the extra 20 or so minutes for the 268.

Don't get me wrong, the only reason why I approve of an additional wait in this situation is because there is another option, the 55/53 is not at all acceptable.

The 55 should be extended northword, right not if you are coming from say Cote-Vertu or Sauve (streets or stations), you have to take a long tour to De Castleneau, instead of just hoping a 121 and making a direct connection. Patrons of the 171, 69 and other such routes running to Bourrassa would also appreciate and greatly benefit from this extended service.

Most all other N-S routes do the whole island from Notre-Dame to Gouin, the 55 should too.

Even a child could see the obvious connections which should be made, such as the 55/53, etc.

Fact is, the city has been tinkering with many routes for years, and this is possibly due to union demands, "route length fatigue", etc., who knows. Lots of things we are never told and "insider issues" they don't want us to know about, I'm sure.

The 17, for example, has been changed too often, in my opinion. There's nothing wrong with it paralleling the Orange Line. After all, doesn't the 15 parallel much of the Green Line? Besides, some passengers (especially the elderly) find it easier to stay on the surface rather than deal with all of those stairs when escalators break down.

The 17 used to run all the way to Cartierville, of course, but somebody decided to split it with the 64. Gee, thanks! :P Prior to this, the original route 48 continued from where the 17 terminated at Garland and went all the way to Place d'Armes. I must have used it a thousand times! Now, however, the 17 only goes as far as St. Henri Metro--arguably the grubbiest place in the city where nobody in his or her right mind would dare to hang around at night.

And just what is the attraction for kids to loiter around Metro stations anyway? What is the big deal? Is it just a carry-over from winter where everyone wants to keep warm indoors? Are they waiting for their drug connection? Kryste, I see kids hanging out at Vendome on the weekend. Hey, school's out, remember? Do they intentionally come from all over the city just to stand around, blocking entrances, and generally making a nuisance of themselves?

Okay, when we were teenagers, we used to hang out in the park. Lots of room, nobody would bother us and we didn't bother anybody (well, for the most part!). But standing around smelly, grungy Metro stations with their pervasive stench of hot Michelin tires and bus fumes? C'mon!

Hey, kids: get a life! :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

sorry to wake up an old thread but this one seemed most fitting. now, i've posted this elsewhere and if some of you attend some of the other transit related forums on the webz you might've already seen it. it's my very own "fantasy map", and since i like to get as many possible comments, critiques & suggestions about it, i'm posting it here, again. plus - it's just been revised ! ;)

it's not all that different from other montreal metro vision maps you may have seen - with perhaps the exception that i seem to be a bigger fan of different routes sharing tracks than most. also included on the map is a network on tram lines, ones that would have large portions of dedicated lanes so they could run uninterrupted by most car traffic on peak hours, in one direction or both. they serve to connect the different subway lines too. the red lines are current commuter train lines, whose' service i would like to see extended with more frequent departures, throughout the day.

so .. voila :

transitmap2030.jpg

(note: i included the full size pic cause i think it resizes it down automatically - correct ? if not just let me know i'll change this to a thumbnail..)

my top priorities if anything like that ever was to get built would be as such:

• to extend the blue line east, at least all the way to saint-leonard station at first, branch the green west of atwater into NDG and north east, all the way up to montreal-north (but not necessarily building all intermediate stops right away - st-joseph, pie-ix, couture & montreal-nord maybe to start?)... trams on park & henri-bourrassa would get built too.
  • then i would start extending the blue line west into hampstead to read montreal-west, while the first kilometers of the steel-wheeled yellow line metro from gare-centrale - bonaventure to st-lambert would be implemented. when this line goes into service, the actual portion of the yellow line from berri to longueuil would be shut down to be converted to use steel wheel trains, as to eventually form a loop with the other downtown segment. the north-western end of the orange line would be extended to reach the bois-franc commuter station.
  • st-joseph, pie-ix, notre-dame & sherbrooke trams could then be put into service, as stations get added to the white line in the eastern end of the plateau & along pie-ix blvd. the blue line would extend further east, passing highway 25 well into anjou. additions to the green line, the orange & yellow loops with it's mcgill ghetto & pine ave stations could then be completed.

by now, billions & billions of dollars later, it would be 2030, 2040, 2050 - whatever you like - some stations would be open well into the night, if not 24h, free downtown bus shuttles would move people around and incite more & more people to use mass transit or live in the core of the city - and i think montreal would then have the transit network it deserves ;)

i know this map is a bit optimistic but i also truly believe it be essential in some ways. some parts of this city are very poorly irrigated with rapid transit lines, and they should get better service. of course - this is all according to me. and this is where you guys come in. so let me know what you think ! :P

My transit fantasies (some have been mentioned before):

BUS:

STL:

Make Express 901 operate all day

Express 902: Make it REALLY an express!

Sainte-Dorothee / Dorval bus link

Saint-Vincent-de-Paul / Radisson link

901: I like this one.

902: seriously, eh!

Today's fantasy...

An STL bus route using Autoroute 13 off peak and Pont Louis-Bisson!

Actually, it could become reality! The STL has plans to send buses down A-13 to a train station that the AMT is planning for in the near future. It's part of the STL's 10-yr plan for 2004-2013. This plan was posted on their site (old version) in the publications section. The current version does not seem to have it. The publications page also says something about Pie-IX and the Laurentian Autoroute (A-15):stl publications page

Today's fantasy

A more frequent bus link between Cartier and Montmorency bus terminals. People using the local STL card are screwed because they can't use the metro and the bus service between the two terminals is very meagre. Come on!

I agree with you here big time! I thought of two possible solutions. One: extend the 40 back to its pre-2007 days (minus the HB link), and make this portion an express or shuttle. Two: increase the hours of service for the 2.

Metro interruptions should be billingual. I'm sick of only hearing it in French, if anything just say it in French first then English.

Really, I don't see what the problem is! A while back I read in The Gazette's SQUEAKY WHEELS about a tourist from Tennessee who had the same issue, and the STM responds that if it's in French, then it's not an emergency. WOW!!! THAT'S A REAL HELP!!!! LEAVING THEM CONFUSED IS THE WAY TO GO, HUH!!!They need to understand that it's not about language, but it's about customer service. Do not rely on tourists to help protect the French language. The least they could do is have English messages just for the tourist season, to start off.

Here are some of my ideas for improving Laval transit:

• have some lines converted to express lines for rush-hour. Worthy candidates: 26, 31, 42, 50, 73, 76, 151.
  • How about some BRT's?

Since the inception of the 467 last year, I think that some other major routes should have limited-stop equivalents as well.

Examples:

• 405 & 424 Sherbrooke
  • 421 Sauve / Cote-Vertu
  • 461 Van Horne
  • 465 Cote-des-Neiges
  • 490 Ave. du Parc (only because 480 is already taken)

I'm sure some of you have your own ideas as well.

i doubt service announcements are bilingual in any other city in the world perhaps expect places in asia.

if you're a local then you should have a sufficient grasp of french to be able to function in this city (and that includes understanding the announcements), and if you're a tourist, you probably expect not to be able to understand them anyway; i don't think anyone visiting poland or scandinavia or mexico or brazil would be angry to hear unilingual announcement there.

it's all a part of travelling... i think some people in this city are using tourists as an excuse more than anything else when i'm sure they themselves understand the french annoncements completely - only they just dislike that it's not also repeated in english.

• 2 weeks later...

Since St Michel and soon St Joseph will have express services, here's a list of what routes probably deserve express (limited stop) service as well (these are all based on long and heavily used routes)

45 Papineau

106 Newman (hopefully will be alleviated by the 406 Express Lachine/LaSalle)

139 Pie-IX (i.e. 505 in both directions all day is needed... but then again this is what the SRB project should be)

141 Jean-Talon est

161 Van Horne

The following routes should have short turns since they are crushloaded for a segment and quiet for the rest - it is not an exhaustive list and more can be added or subtracted

18 Beaubien

51 É.-Montpetit (as mentioned elsewhere, bring back 62 Fielding)

105 Sherbrooke (more so than at AM rush)

112 Airlie

197 Rosemont

225 Hymus (similar to 213X)

470 Express Pierrefonds (X to Fairview might reduce crushloads)

Other solutions:

Beefing up headways

Articulated buses on some of the above routes.

My fantasies:

Rail

- Train service to Fairview Pointe-Claire via the CN Doney Spur

- Train service to Pierre-Eliott-Trudeau int'l airport

- Extend the Deux-Montagnes along the Champlain bridge to Chevrier park'n'ride or even Quartier Dix30 if possible, practical and beneficial (therefore transfer-free service from the north shore to the south shore). The Fairview and Trudeau airport lines could also travel along this segment.

- Train service to Salaberry-de-Valleyfield or at least Beauharnois

- Train service to Granby or Marieville if that's too ambitious :D

- Extend the Saint-Hilaire line to Sainte-Hyacinthe

- Extend the Candiac line to Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu (this was a no-brainer IMO back in 2001 when the Delson line first opened)

Train service to Varennes or Sorel if they find a way to ensure nothing like what's going on with Rigaud right now happens

Modifications to existing network

- Double track entire CN Deux-Montagnes subdivision and even purchase it.

- As many deadhead moves as possible replaced with passenger departures (I'm looking particularly at the Saint-Hilaire and Candiac lines)

STM Bus Network

- Artics at more garages than just Legendre

- More express routes like the 467

CIT:

More inter-suburb service:

Sainte-Therese / Terrebonne

Terrebonne / Repentigny

Between 2002 and 2004, there used to be an round-trip express route (#30) operated by Gaudreault Terrebonne under contract for the CRTL, but service ceased due to lack of demand. I think I remember the route being extended in 2004 towards the CFP des Moulins/Cégep Régional de Lanaudière à Terrebonne (that would be logical) following Moody/Gascon/640, but I'll have to check the paper schedules.

Anyway, here's the mirror image of the 2003 schedule.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030529202939/..._L30_DA_J10.HTM

For a Sainte-Thérèse/Terrebonne link, I think MRCLM already operates 1 route between the Terminus Terrebonne, the train station and the Cégep. But you surely already know that, I'm sure B)

Here are my wishes :

Montréal area

A new AMT express, while Repentigny is waiting for the damn train

expressdelest.png

* Extend the bus lane on Sherbrooke from George-V to Gouin

* Build decent bus station @ Autoparc Sherbrooke and Rond-Point du Bout-de-l'Île (Sherbrooke/Notre-Dame)

* Create a new bus lane on Dickson with priority lights (Cigarette lights)

-More night routes in Laval : Concorde and Laurentides, hubbing at Henri-Bourassa or Montmorency stations.

-Alternate trains from Rigaud and Saint-Lazare (using the CP track that heads toward Saint-Clet)

-A new metro line under Saint-Michel

ligne7.png

Réseau de transport de la Capitale

Light rail corridor along the late CN track now a bike path between CFB Valcartier and Sainte-Foy Centre (Bus station) via Colline Parlementaire, with a tunnelised section between Université Laval and Route de l'Église.

Chances are that it's not likely to happen, but anyway... Don't mind the road network on the following maps ; The GIS data layer I own dates back from the early 2000's.

http://s710.photobucket.com/albums/ww106/w...urrent=trac.png

http://s710.photobucket.com/albums/ww106/w...rrent=vieux.png

http://s710.photobucket.com/albums/ww106/w...rent=tunnel.png

An alternate routing could be :

*18e or 22e Rue

*Benoit-XV/3e Avenue/Du Pont

*Prince-Édouard or Charest

*de la Couronne/Dorchester

*d'Abraham

*Honoré-Mercier

-Create route 76 Sainte-Foy Centre/L'Ancienne-Lorette/Terminus Charlesbourg, to serve the fast-growing Neufchâtel (Les Méandres, Saint-Raphaël) area :

*Follow route 93 up to Saint-Paul/Notre-Dame

*Notre-Dame

*Chauveau Ouest

*L'Ormière

*Chauveau

*Follow route 72 up to Terminus Charlesbourg

-Extend Metrobus Route 802 westward, up to Station de l'Église;

-Operate PVA Route 185 all-day;

-Merge Charlesbourg and Zoo terminuses, move them in Orsainville (Henri-Bourassa/des Pruches area), create Terminus de l'Atrium (3e avenue Ouest and 55e Rue Ouest) and reorganise routes in the North-center. (Still no map, as it is a work in progress. If anyone is interested, i'll post one later)

-Reroute 3 onto Dumas and extend it towards Terminus l'Atrium, instead of looping in Sainte-Odile.

-Extend route 28 towards Terminus l'Atrium via 5e Av. Est and 55e Rue Est. Cut the Saint-Albert Loop (see Route 35)

-Extend routes 31, 32, 33, 34 onto Orsainville

-Revise route 31

*TERMINUS ORSAINVILLE (Routes 31, 32, 34, 36, 37, 39, 42, 46, 62, 72, 76, 89, 133, X-bus 230, 236, 331, 336, 337, M-bus 801)

*Henri-Bourassa

*DES LAURENTIDES EXCHANGE POINT (Henri-Bourassa/Prénoveau) (routes 32, 34, 39, Xbus 230, 239, 337, 339, T-bus 933)

*Prénoveau

*Ovila-Rhéaume

*Geo.-Muir

*Lapierre/Av. du Lac-Saint-Charles

*LAC-SAINT-CHARLES TOWN CENTRE (Lac-Saint-Charles/Delage) (routes 81, 82, X-bus 231, 331, 282, 372)

*Delage

*Grande-Ligne

*GRANDE-LIGNE/JACQUES-BÉDARD EXCHANGE POINT (Route 32, T-bus 931, X-bus 231, 331)

*Loop route towards Orsainville via Jacques-Bédard

-Revise route 32 and cut the northern Lac-Clément and Place-Juan section, replacing it with a Taxibus.

*TERMINUS ORSAINVILLE (Routes 31, 32, 34, 36, 37, 39, 42, 46, 62, 72, 76, 89, 133, X-bus 230, 236, 331, 336, 337, M-bus 801)

*Henri-Bourassa

*DES LAURENTIDES EXCHANGE POINT (Henri-Bourassa/Prénoveau) (routes 31, 34, 39, Xbus 230, 239, 337, 339, Taxibus 933)

*Geo.-Muir

*Sherwood

*Henri-Bourassa

*Av. de la Rivière-Jaune

*RIVIÈRE-JAUNE/BELLEVILLE TAXIBUS EXCHANGE POINT (T-bus 932)

*de Belleville

*Grande-Ligne

*GRANDE-LIGNE/JACQUES-BÉDARD EXCHANGE POINT (Route 31, X-bus 231, 331, T-bus 931)

*Loop route towards Orsainville via Jacques-Bédard

-Suppress route 33. Create route Taxibus 933 between Terminus Orsainville and Parc Industriel Charlesbourg.

-Reroute 34 onto des Périgord/Fauvettes/Pinsons, then regular towards Lac-Beauport town limits

-New route 35

*SAINTE-ODILE (Duval/des Chênes Ouest)

*Chênes Ouest

*de la Concorde

*Lilas Ouest

*1ere Avenue

*STATION 41e RUE EXCHANGE POINT (routes 38, M-bus 801, X-bus 330, 331)

*41e Rue Est

*2e Avenue Est

*Lilas Est

*8e Avenue Est

*Peupliers Est

*SAINT-ALBERT (des Peupliers Est/2e Avenue Est)

*2e Avenue Est

*41e Rue Est

*1ere Avenue

*STATION 41e RUE EXCHANGE POINT (routes 38, M-bus 801, X-bus 330, 331)

*Lilas Ouest

*Duval

*SAINTE-ODILE (Duval/des Chênes Ouest)

-Revise route 36

*Place Jacques-Cartier

*Late route up to Louis-XIV

*Mathieu

*Gironde

*Jean-Talon Est

*Platanes

*Pruches

-Extend route 37 north up to new terminus Orsainville. Reroute south portion straight (Colisée, Hamel, Autoroute Laurentienne, onto regular routing)

-Revise route 39

*TERMINUS ATRIUM (Routes 3, 28, 37, 60/803, X-Bus 362)

*55e Rue Ouest

*4e Avenue Ouest

*46e Rue Ouest

*1ere Avenue

*41e Rue Est

*4e Avenue Est

*46/47e Rue Est

*de Gaulle

*60e Rue Est

*10e Avenue Est

*Louis-XIV

*Loiret

*Pruches

*Henri-Bourassa

*Cyprès

*Platanes

*Paquerettes

*Tulipes

*Loutres

*Platanes

*Pigamons

*Constellations

*Fortune

*Acadiens

*Henri-Bourassa

*DES LAURENTIDES EXCHANGE POINT (Henri-Bourassa/Prénoveau) (routes 31, 34, 39, Xbus 230, 239, 337, 339, Taxibus 933)

*Loop route towards Atrium via Nations and Esquimaux

-Suppress route 52. Create new routes 42 and 46

ROUTE 42

*TERMINUS BEAUPORT

*Follow route 52 West up to Henri-Bourassa/Louis-XIV

*Follow route 72 towards Loretteville

*TERMINUS LORETTEVILLE

ROUTE 46

*TERMINUS BEAUPORT

*Regular routing via Bourg-Royal

*Tourouvre

*Mallet

*des Métayers

*Bourg-Royal

*Vignoble

*Rachel

*Myriam

*Astrid

*Louis-XIV

*Diamants/Anne-Pivain

*Bourg-Royal

*Late route 36 towards terminus Orsainville

-Route 59 All-day. Extend to Terminus Cimenterie.

-Revise route 60/M-bus 803

*Follow regular route

*3e Avenue Ouest

*TERMINUS DE L'ATRIUM (Routes 3, 28, 37, 39, X-bus 362)

*55e Rue Ouest/Atrium/Lebourgneuf

*GALERIES DE LA CAPITALE

*Follow regular route

*TERMINUS LES SAULES

-New route 62

*GALERIES DE LA CAPITALE

*des Galeries

*Bouvier

*Replats

*Rocailles (RTC headquarters)

*Gradins

*Gite

*Gerbiers

*Gradins

*Louis-XIV

*1ere Avenue

*Henri-Bourassa

-Route 72 to Orsainville via 1ere Avenue and Henri-Bourassa.

-Revise route 81 and extend it toward Lac-Saint-Charles along X-bus route 372

*TERMINUS LES SAULES

*Follow regular route up to Colline/Faune

*Colline

*PAGEAU TAXIBUS EXCHANGE POINT (routes 81, X-bus 282, 372, T-bus 982)

*Pacifique

*Roger-Bontemps

*Lac-Saint-Charles

*LAC-SAINT-CHARLES TOWN CENTRE (Lac-Saint-Charles/Delage) (routes 31, 82, X-bus 231, 331, 282, 372)

-Revise route 82

*PLACE JACQUES-CARTIER

*Follow regular route towards Lapierre/du Pomérol

*Lapierre

*Saint-Romain

*Estiembre

*Acropole

*Vénus

*Lapierre/Lac-Saint-Charles

*LAC-SAINT-CHARLES TOWN CENTRE (Lac-Saint-Charles/Delage) (routes 31, 81, X-bus 231, 331, 282, 372)

*URBAN LIMITS (Lac-Saint-Charles/Courte-Botte)

-Revise route 89

*Henri-Bourassa

*Zoo

*Faune

*Vénus

*Lapierre

*Faune

*Follow regular route

*TERMINUS LORETTEVILLE

-Extend X-bus routes 230 and 337 towards Lac-Beauport town limits via route 34

-New X-Bus routes 231/331.

*DELAGE/GRANDE-LIGNE

*Delage

*LAC-SAINT-CHARLES TOWN CENTRE (Lac-Saint-Charles/Delage) (routes 31, 81, 82 X-bus 282, 372)

*Lac-Saint-Charles

*Jacques-Bédard

*GRANDE-LIGNE/JACQUES-BÉDARD EXCHANGE POINT (Routes 31, 32, T-bus 931)

*Grande-Ligne

*Belleville

*Rivière-Jaune

*Henri-Bourassa

*Sherwood

*Geo.-Muir

*Onto Colline Parlementaire or Sainte-Foy

-Extend X-bus routes 239 and 339 (see route 331) up to Laurentides Exchange, along with new routing of route 39

-Renumber 339 the actual X-bus route 331

-Renumber 362 the actual X-bus route 332

--------------------

Société de Transport de Lévis

-Reorganise STLévis network onto an exter/inter/local system and operate midibuses between Lévis and Québec via the Ferry

stlvis.png

6 inter routes

-100 - Ferry/UQAR

-200 - Ferry/Bridges

-300 - Ferry/Bernières (ADC)

-400 - UQAR/Bridges (via A-20)

-500 - UQAR/Bernières (via A-20) (ADC)

-600 - Bridges/Bernières (ADC)

20 local routes

-20 - Ferry/Saint-Joseph-de-la-Pointe-de-Lévy

-21 - Ferry/Lauzon-East

-22 - Ferry/Cégep Lévis-Lauzon

-23 - Ferry/Hôtel-Dieu de Lévis

-10 - Terminus UQAR/Vieux-Lévis-East

-11 - Terminus UQAR/Cégep Lévis-Lauzon

-12 - Terminus UQAR/Pintendre

-13 - Terminus UQAR/Sarosto/Vieux-Lévis-West

-14 - Terminus UQAR/Saint-David

-51 - Bridges Terminus/Saint-David

-52 - Bridges Terminus/Saint-Jean-Chrysostome

-53 - Bridges Terminus/Saint-Romuald

-54 - Bridges Terminus/Charny

-30 - Bridges Terminus/Bernières-Est-des Chutes (ADC).

-31 - Bridges Terminus/Saint-Nicolas (town) (ADC)

-64 - Bridges Terminus/Breakeyville (and Saint-Lambert (village) via right shore) (via A-73)

-32 - Terminus Bernières/Bernières-Ouest or Saint-Nicolas (village) (alternating) (ADC)

-33 - Terminus Bernières/Saint-Rédempteur Sud (ADC)

-34 - Terminus Bernières/Bernières-Est/Saint-Rédempteur Nord (ADC)

-65 - Terminus Bernières/Saint-Étienne(/Saint-Lambert (Iberville/du Pont) via left shore, on certain departures) (ADC)

-Express route 650 - Bernières/Bridges/Sainte-Foy (ADC)

-Express route 450 - UQAR/Bridges/Sainte-Foy

-Exter mini/midibus route 150 via 100 - UQAR/Ferry/Colline (or Cégep Limoilou) VIA FERRY

-Exter mini/midibus route 250 via 200 - Bridges/Traverse/Colline (or Cégep Limoilou) VIA FERRY

Oh man! There's a lot of great ideas there! I often wondered about the usefulness of Autoparc Sherbrooke in the east end. It's dumb to park there when one can park at Radisson on the metro line and not depend on a bus!

Dickson is a major street and should be improved in many ways. I guess they're waiting for the Notre-Dame project to go ahead before they invest a penny in that street or sector.

Oh man! There's a lot of great ideas there! I often wondered about the usefulness of Autoparc Sherbrooke in the east end. It's dumb to park there when one can park at Radisson on the metro line and not depend on a bus!

It serves mostly Express 430 users, not 182MB/186 users.

Express 430 gets you downtown (let's say René-Lévesque Ouest/University) in 1h, which is as fast as using the Metro. Rush hours are terrible, with the devlopment of Repentigny and Terrebonne ; it can take up to 30 minutes by car to get to Anjou interchange from de Gaulle bridge using the Met, while the ride is pretty much shorter to Henri-Bourassa. Also, Radisson parking is filled at 7 or earlier. Sherbrooke at 7h30. East islanders are not that dumb. B)

410 offers similar service via Notre-Dame, although commuters park in these little streets past Saint-Jean-Baptiste.

I didn't know this. Thanks for informing us.

Once last yr I took one of the RTCR Classics to Repentigny in the PM rush. It was horrible that we couldn't get up to speed east of Montreal-Est. There was so much congestion on Notre-Dame est to get to the Le Gardeur Bridge. I don't know if Sherbrooke is any better but if it is, RTCR should consider routing most of their buses to the bridge via the 138! The train can only solve so much, though.

I don't really like the site of the Autoparc Sherbrooke. Maybe something in Montreal-Est like around Georges V would be more suitable.

I didn't know this. Thanks for informing us.

Once last yr I took one of the RTCR Classics to Repentigny in the PM rush. It was horrible that we couldn't get up to speed east of Montreal-Est. There was so much congestion on Notre-Dame est to get to the Le Gardeur Bridge. I don't know if Sherbrooke is any better but if it is, RTCR should consider routing most of their buses to the bridge via the 138! The train can only solve so much, though.

I don't really like the site of the Autoparc Sherbrooke. Maybe something in Montreal-Est like around Georges V would be more suitable.

The RTCR Express Route 4 runs on Sherbrooke, but my experience tells me traffic is worse than on Notre-Dame. The point of operating such an express is that no passenger movment is permitted, as opposed to the 12 allowed stops (with the old Metro-Provincial flags :D ) that slow the service on routes 3 and 10 serving Notre-Dame. There is -at best- a 5 minutes difference between the two routes, so I guess they are equal. Express Route 20 that transit via A-40 is not even that much faster than route 4.

The commuting time between Radisson and Terminus Repen' at peaks is

42 minutes via route 3

41 minutes via route 4

35 minutes via route 20

Judge by yourself B)

The last time I took RTCR Express Route 20 (2007), the buses left the Met @ Saint-Jean-Baptiste and headed for Honoré-Beaugrand all the way via Sherbrooke, which is IMO a mistake. Buses should run on the service roads to avoid trafic and exit at Ray-Lawson and get to Honoré-Beaugrand via Roi-René/Fonteneau.

Autoparc Sherbrooke location was appropriate by the time STCUM route 189 got to Repentigny (early 1990s) with horrible service.

Talking about the train, I suspect STM route 430 schedule (and routing?) will be modified by the time that electoral promise see the light.

Was there a 267 Repentigny STCUM service?

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

But I know certain departures from Honoré-Beaugrand station (Presumably route 189, since it parallels the actual RTCR route 3 and I remember seeing a 189X Pointe-Aux-Trembles sign somewhere) on the STCUM network served Repentigny until OMIT Repentigny was created (1992-1993? I'm pretty sure the first classics Gaudreault/Lanau-Bus bought were MCIs, but I'll have to check that out). The 1989 Repentigny official town map shows a "STCUM service" blue line along Notre-Dame, Iberville, Laurentien and Notre-Dame.

• 2 weeks later...
-Merge Charlesbourg and Zoo terminuses, move them in Orsainville (Henri-Bourassa/des Pruches area), create Terminus de l'Atrium (3e avenue Ouest and 55e Rue Ouest) and reorganise routes in the North-center. (Still no map, as it is a work in progress. If anyone is interested, i'll post one later)

Here are the final maps for this idea, in PDF format. I suggest you download and visualise them in Adobe Reader or eVince at a 200% zoom.

General map

Single route maps