general682002

Transit videos

A ride on STM 29-801

A ride on STM 29-853

Hear the difference between the first and one of the last 29-8XX. :P Enjoy! :D

Not exactly a D40, but still a wicked video none-the-less! :D

I got a video of Winnipeg Transit 375 this afternoon, will edit and upload tonight.

Behold! My very first "Buses in ..." videos were pulled from the 'tube since I considered them 'obsolete' in 2010. Now I have strung them together in a single video, which can be seen here:

Also, when I uploaded "Buses in Victoria, BC (Volume Ten)" I forgot about all the footage I shot in June this year, which ended up forgotten until just now. So I'm uploading the 'lost' footage as Volume Ten, and reuploading the former Volume Ten as Volume Eleven.

Fellow board member 'tmx218' who rarely visits this board has uploaded two of his old recordings to YouTube.

First one is Calgary Transit 1993 NFI D40LF #7501 with the ZF4HP500 transmission (They have all been swapped out with Allison transmissions now) -

As well as a short 31 second recording of Calgary Transit 1979 Flyer D900 #487:

Fellow board member 'tmx218' who rarely visits this board has uploaded two of his old recordings to YouTube.

First one is Calgary Transit 1993 NFI D40LF #7501 with the ZF4HP500 transmission (They have all been swapped out with Allison transmissions now) -

As well as a short 31 second recording of Calgary Transit 1979 Flyer D900 #487:

The D40LF exactly resembles what Brandon Transit's 15 sounded like.

The recent entry of MTHA 751 (T6H-4521A Newlook) into the Winnipeg 2012 Santa Parade.

A few months late, but something from the TTC's Work Train department:

SF MUNI 2007 Orion 07.503 - 8501 @ 39 Coit~~

SamTrans 2003 Gillig Advantage - 323 @ 130~~

:):)

Neither of the two links below are transit videos per se, but rather a video of how buses are assembled.

Solaris, a Polish bus manufacturer... this video is narrated in Polish, which probably won't be too helpful to most, but it's still probably the best video I've seen for step-by-step construction of a bus (including articulated buses).

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZhrB0y7DmFM

MAN, a German bus manufacturer... this video is not narrated and appears to be more focused on the assembly plant rather than the buses being built, though it still demonstrates the logistics of bus building. Interestingly enough, this plant also appears to be located in Poland as much of the text on the interior and exterior of the building was in Polish.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EmgaH-XdpGQ