Sim City Discussion

Well yeah my latest town is called Madrid and I created it as a experimental city to test if highways were built instead of Avenues would they help elimitate conguestion.

The answer was yes untill the population reached 500,000. At 500,000 I built a innercity rail line and I'm working on a Subway Line.

I still have to build a Bus System but untill the time comes when the bus system comes, people will ether be walking to the nearest subway/train station or driving to the nearest one or just driving fully. Most people seem to be driving to my train stations because they want to go to the nehbouring town and the highway is overused. Now all my train stations are overused. Including the main one which has a capacity of 100,000.

There are future plans to extend the Subway to the nehbouring town or build another highway.

Either that there is no ridership or just it isn't common try using a sim to do that

http://www.maj.com/gallery/James304/Transi...71157941919.png

If You're wondering how it looks like click on the link

k thanks for the pic...now i know what too look for, i already got a brt running lol

What version do you have?

I have Sim City 4 Deleuxe. (I hope I spelt that right but it doesn't look right... I think theirs no e, oh well) Also for the subway question, I modded my Trains so they got way higher capacity so now the train frequencys are really low even on a heavly used line.

Also I once modded my own cop car into the game but now I forget how to do that.

Tomorrow I plan to play my city again so expect a update.

I Hopr yours turns out well cause mine can't supply anymore buses at this rate

LOL Screenshot during rush hour?

I have also this other city which was my first city which has a river in the middle and on one side is all residental and other is all commerical and I have subways and highways crossing the river and all the subway tunnels and all the bridges are overused so I'm planning on starting up a BRT but that's going to become overused in no time.

Hey I have SimCity 4 and Rushhour. How do you guys make a BRT? I only know of the regular buses from using the bus stops. Also, how do you build up your cities so fast? Once mine get to around 60-80,000(which takes a while still), it like.....stops dead.

Hey I have SimCity 4 and Rushhour. How do you guys make a BRT? I only know of the regular buses from using the bus stops. Also, how do you build up your cities so fast? Once mine get to around 60-80,000(which takes a while still), it like.....stops dead.

Well I got these bus terminals I downloaded. I'll find them and upload them... wait forgot the board no longer takes uploads. I'll find a way to get it up.

Well I got these bus terminals I downloaded. I'll find them and upload them... wait forgot the board no longer takes uploads. I'll find a way to get it up.

By any chance are they the Ninja Boulevard Stations, which are Parking Lots, subway stations, bus stops and I think Train stations? If so you can get them off the official Sim City Rush Hour site.

By any chance are they the Ninja Boulevard Stations, which are Parking Lots, subway stations, bus stops and I think Train stations? If so you can get them off the official Sim City Rush Hour site.

Well I got those too but I ain't talking about them.

I'll get a screenshot of it.

EDIT: Screenshot!!!

the_transitway_station.png

I built this station as I desided to show you it. So that's why it's not powered or used.

For those wondering what those Diamonds are on the road going into the Bus Station, well it's Bus Only road tiles.

Well I got those too but I ain't talking about them.

I'll get a screenshot of it.

EDIT: Screenshot!!!

the_transitway_station.png

I built this station as I desided to show you it. So that's why it's not powered or used.

For those wondering what those Diamonds are on the road going into the Bus Station, well it's Bus Only road tiles.

how did u manage to get that station type? i've beeen lookign for something like that for a while, where might i be able to get it from?

Hey I created a city with a transitway and it got so overused I replaced it with a elevated railway. I'll get some screenshot later. Part of this elevated railway isn't elevated nor is it underground. You'll get what I mean once I post the screenshots.

EDIT: Due to special request (and their lucky too) I'll take some screenshots of the transitway before I converted it to elevated railway. I copied the save game before I converted it just incase something like this happened.

Well here's my screenshots and I'll have a breif history of every station (as there's only 6 stations).

When the system was a BRT:

George Street Station

brt_before_1.png

It's the only station to be named on my entire system. This was the first station built and my sim lives beside the current station

Unnamed Station

brt_before_2.png

This is the only station not to get a major convertion when converted from BRT to Railway

Unnamed Station

brt_before_3.png

No real history on this station in this stage

Unnamed Station

brt_before_4.png

No real history on this station in this stage ether

When the system became a Railway:

George Street Station

brt_after_1.png

It's the only station to be named on my entire system. This was the first station built and my sim lives beside the current station

Unnamed Station

brt_after_2.png

This is the only station not to get a major convertion when converted from BRT to Railway

Unnamed Station

brt_after_3.png

The first station to be elevated in the system

Unnamed Station

brt_after_4.png

One hell of a major station. This station connects to the Subway Line running North South

Airport Station

brt_after_5.png

A short walk to the Airport. The busiest station on this line

Unnamed Station

brt_after_6.png

The last station to be built. As you can see from this picture, I can't expand the train much farther

So that's my system.

A Screenshot from my most recently aquired Auran Trainz DVD 2006. It features The Toronto Railyard in 1954, it has PCC Streetcars where you have to go into Surveyour mode to add a consist for the layout. I have re-arranged some tracks and have added a CN RDC... street running style. Enjoy, you can still pick up the game at Futureshop / Bestbuy for $19.99. Darn... what... I can't attach a file to this thread??????? Oh That's why... attachments disabled.... :)

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6589/cnrdcyl6.th.jpg

A Screenshot from my most recently aquired Auran Trainz DVD 2006. It features The Toronto Railyard in 1954, it has PCC Streetcars where you have to go into Surveyour mode to add a consist for the layout. I have re-arranged some tracks and have added a CN RDC... street running style. Enjoy, you can still pick up the game at Futureshop / Bestbuy for $19.99. Darn... what... I can't attach a file to this thread??????? Oh That's why... attachments disabled.... :lol:

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6589/cnrdcyl6.th.jpg

And this has to do with Sim City how?

Just curious...