What happened, hell freeze over?

It is a bit chilly around here lately.

Ya know... I was actually thinking the EXACT same thing and wondered if anyone would make that comment! :)

In other exciting news... I've gone pro with Flickr.

The plan for Flickr is to use it for hosting all of my other photos.

This will include City of Edmonton vehicles, EPCOR vehicles, taxis... and yes, I do have U-Hauls up.

My other photography will also appear on there (normal stuff like scenery, buildings etc.).

There is a transit collection in there which includes stuff like SLRT testing, BHA convention etc. I might well use if for Olympic stuff too, as I don't know if I'll actually get around to building pages for those on the regular Barp website.

www.flickr.com/barpca

Massive bump...

In other news, Barp has been resurrected. Martin and I started working on it again last October, but we both neglected to mention it around here :P

Feel free to take a look; thoughts / comments appreciated.

http://www.barp.ca/

It is looking excellent. I often recommend BARP to friends if they want to see a website of buses and such. Great to have BARP back :)

It is looking excellent. I often recommend BARP to friends if they want to see a website of buses and such. Great to have BARP back :)

I was up till 3am looking at Barp.ca I think its a wonderful website. Thanks to my cousin telling me.

I was around 5 or 6 when I discovered this site, and that's where I learned all the different types of buses.

A big thanks to the creators,. If it did not exist then I probably would not know as much as I do today.

Great to see it back, hope to see coach updates one day.

Hopefully soon! I've got a ton of photos and other media lined up; it's just a matter of catching up on almost 10 years of deferred updates :D

For some reason when I click the coach photo section it loads a blank white screen. Any glitches to that?

It will be back in some form for 2016. The site was transferred to a new server last April, but that section developed issues upon re-upload. Stay tuned!

An on again/ off again project I've been working on has been document scanning. Getting scanned PDF's into something presentable for the Internet is certainly a change of pace from editing image files. In this case, it has meant developing an entire new section for Barp. I am certainly quite excited to be able to share this type of material from my collection. The addition of the 31 new images in the Spotting section brings us up to 500 photos added this year, the majority of those have been Jamie's work. 

August 7, 2017:  
Added a master section for Manufactures, which will encompass materials from vehicle builders, component suppliers, transit agencies and the like. Included in this section is a Bus Spotting Features page that has been on the server for 9 years, no linked to anything. We've also added a new ETS Ride Guide/ route timetable/ map section. This update contains 30 PDF files, and 31 new photos in the Bus Spotting Features section. No ground shaking updates to the overall layout either with these new sections, in fact, I'm quite pleased with our simple layout. I find is quite mobile friendly. Also, updated my Photo of the Half Year. :D

October 20, 2019: 
Updated Martin's Photo of the Decade.
Added the Edmonton International Airport section with 13 photos (11 new, 2 relocated).
Significant work around ETS:
Added pages for 2011/12 SD160's, 2019 Proterra Test buses, and TransEd/ ETS Bombardier Flexity LRV's.
Updated the 2008/09 SD160 pages.
Rebuilt and significantly expanded the Bus Support section.
Overhauled the LRT Support Section.
Overhauled the U2 section, by separating the 1982/ 83 cars into the distinct RTE-3 and RTE-4 classifications. Added a lot of photos to the 1977 and 1979 sections. More to come with U2's.
In total added 259 ETS photos. 

Plus everything else Jamie's been up to in the past 2 years. :P