Toronto Rocket Subway Cars

6 hours ago, Robert Lubinski said:

Has anyone seen the 609x set in service yet? Please post if you do! Thanks

I think I saw it this past week, but it was a high 60XX number I haven't seen before.

Had my first look at 6161 & 6151? on Sheppard this week as well. Stange not seeing the 4 & 5 number car in the set.

9 hours ago, Robert Lubinski said:

Thanks for confirming. I'm not on the subway as often so updates are appreciated!

Even better update: It entered service this morning and was out until at least the end of the PM rush hour.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, raptorjays said:

Just spotted 577x at Bloor Yonge.. Feel unfortunate it came into opposite platform to me

20160714_184445.jpg

If this was around 6-630 PM, a TR would have came in on the other side about 3 minutes later as I passed that one and sherbourne, and I was going west on a TR.

Also I hope the TR's are gone from BD shortly, they are so slow. The one I mentioned in this post was about 9 minutes behind the T1 in front at rush hour.

Just now, H4 5600 said:

If this was around 6-630 PM, a TR would have came in on the other side about 3 minutes later as I passed that one at sherbourne, and I was going west on a TR

Also I hope the TR's are gone from BD shortly, they are so slow. The one I mentioned in this post was about 9 minutes behind the T1 in front at rush hour.

3 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

If this was around 6-630 PM, a TR would have came in on the other side about 3 minutes later as I passed that one and sherbourne, and I was going west on a TR.

It was around 6:45.. I waited for TR in case I have a chance, but couldn't catch it

3 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

15 minutes ago, raptorjays said:

It was around 6:45.. I waited for TR in case I have a chance, but couldn't catch it

I was unlucky. Set 57 arrived at Kennedy Station and the Supervisor via from the P.A said that "The train that just arrived is out of service". It happened at 4

1 hour ago, lip said:

Speaking of the TR's being slow, does anyone know why that's the case? Is it because of the open gangway design, or is it just a Bombardier design reason?

Because their motor design sucks. The A car is unpowered or parts of it is unlike the T1's. Plus the doors are super slow can can't open till the train stops for a full second or so.

I don't know why Raptorjays really wants them on BD cause they are really sh**y trains. Besides being aesthetically nice, they are horrible operational-wise. They also draw more power and blow dust from the ceiling too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Because their motor design sucks. The A car is unpowered or parts of it is unlike the T1's. Plus the doors are super slow can can't open till the train stops for a full second or so.

I don't know why Raptorjays really wants them on BD cause they are really sh**y trains. Besides being aesthetically nice, they are horrible operational-wise. They also draw more power and blow dust from the ceiling too.

I will have my thought once I catch one. 

They do ride nicer than the T1's. The AC is cold and carry 20% more people per train. 

I'm sure they could make them faster by changing the acceleration rate in the software, since overall the TR's are more powerful than the T1's. 

12 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Seriously....where the hell do you come up with this crap?

The reason why they are so slow is because that's what the TTC specified - no other reason. They have 40% more installed power than a T1, but the TTC has decided to run them with a lower output. The doors could have been configured like the T1s if the TTC wanted them to - but they didn't.

Dan

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, smallspy said:

Seriously....where the hell do you come up with this crap?

The reason why they are so slow is because that's what the TTC specified - no other reason. They have 40% more installed power than a T1, but the TTC has decided to run them with a lower output. The doors could have been configured like the T1s if the TTC wanted them to - but they didn't.

Dan

And why TTC isn't running them with more acceleration so they can move quickly to be more considerable to the T1's? If they can't operate comparably to the T1's at the same cost, they are worst trains. It doesn't matter if they are much more powerful. If they can't take advantage of it, that's just a waste of money even having that spec.

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

They do ride nicer than the T1's. The AC is cold and carry 20% more people per train. 

1 hour ago, nfitz said:

20% more people per train?  I'm not buying that!

The TRs carry 10% more capacity than the T1s. Their peak period crowding standard is 1,100 versus the T1's 1,000.

• Like 1