Jump to content

Calgary Transit


kevlo86
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, LRT said:

Well I’m pretty sure all these buses will receive the seats. 6004 might be a test Bus

 

I prefer to be in denial about it; these do not exist! Fake picture! Ahhhh!!! 🤣

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, LRT said:

Well I’m pretty sure all these buses will receive the seats. 6004 might be a test Bus

 

Disappointed but not surprised, these will probably be as bad as the ones on the non-demo nova CNGs imo.

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Nick B said:

.....But why?

Because we want to encourage people to live on the edge, think outside the box, and take a whiff of fresh air! Just kidding, it's because wanting passengers to have a comfortable ride is a foreign idea

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know how I feel about the glaringly TTC-reminiscent coloring scheme to be honest.. I was never a fan of their interior styling over there personally. Nonetheless it's cool how CT is trying to standardize things between fleet types and plastic seating will definitely be nice to have on hot days.

I did try them out this evening, thankfully they're still much better for comfort than the Gemini seating found in Edmonton/demo #1996 although they was already some good dust deposits on them from the open windows!

May be an image of bus and indoor

5 hours ago, downbeat said:

Is it just the seats, or are other parts of the bus being refurbished, too?

Rest of the bus is unchanged.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/19/2022 at 1:51 AM, Nick B said:

I don't know how I feel about the glaringly TTC-reminiscent coloring scheme to be honest.. I was never a fan of their interior styling over there personally. Nonetheless it's cool how CT is trying to standardize things between fleet types and plastic seating will definitely be nice to have on hot days.

I did try them out this evening, thankfully they're still much better for comfort than the Gemini seating found in Edmonton/demo #1996 although they was already some good dust deposits on them from the open windows!

May be an image of bus and indoor

Rest of the bus is unchanged.

I'm OK with the fabric if it's not too dark a shade that would attract heat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!! I’m new to this website and recently became interested in transit enthusiasm, in January of this year. So I know a fair bit about transit.

 

I’ve noticed something that may be interesting but I’m not if it is actually or not. You may already know, but the 2007 D40LFs (#7981-8015) are divided, with #7981-7989 being VP buses, and the rest being SG buses. I have noticed a change in that. I’ve noticed on Transit55 that #7991, 7993, 7999, and 8006 are all VP buses now, and I saw #8006 on the 14 and #7999 on the 153, so I was surprised. Are all of these buses moving to VP? 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, agott said:

Hey guys!! I’m new to this website and recently became interested in transit enthusiasm, in January of this year. So I know a fair bit about transit.

 

I’ve noticed something that may be interesting but I’m not if it is actually or not. You may already know, but the 2007 D40LFs (#7981-8015) are divided, with #7981-7989 being VP buses, and the rest being SG buses. I have noticed a change in that. I’ve noticed on Transit55 that #7991, 7993, 7999, and 8006 are all VP buses now, and I saw #8006 on the 14 and #7999 on the 153, so I was surprised. Are all of these buses moving to VP? 

 

Update: 8003 is now moved to Victoria Park. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, agott said:

Hey guys!! I’m new to this website and recently became interested in transit enthusiasm, in January of this year. So I know a fair bit about transit.

 

I’ve noticed something that may be interesting but I’m not if it is actually or not. You may already know, but the 2007 D40LFs (#7981-8015) are divided, with #7981-7989 being VP buses, and the rest being SG buses. I have noticed a change in that. I’ve noticed on Transit55 that #7991, 7993, 7999, and 8006 are all VP buses now, and I saw #8006 on the 14 and #7999 on the 153, so I was surprised. Are all of these buses moving to VP? 

IMG_1886.MOV 6.43 MB · 0 downloads  

 

Those buses you mentioned are temporary loaners to VP due to a bus shortage at VP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, agott said:

Update: 8003 is now moved to Victoria Park. 

These buses like TechSpotlight said above are temporary loaners to VP since VP is retiring the 2001’s they’re on shortage for now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BC_YYC said:

Just saw this did Calgary get some new artics?

20220408_122851.jpg

20220408_122751.jpg

It interesting  that it has the old style headlights which have been discontinued since 2018……….. also missing a bike rack which comes standard ……… I’m thinking it’s 6072

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, vicinity said:

It resetting that it has the old style headlights which have been discontinued since 2018……….. also missing a bike rack which comes standard ……… 

Which I presume indicated we bought it used from another agency?

 

Just did a little investigating this might be a replacement for 6072 it's bearing its plate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have confirmed that 6094 is the good end (back end) of 6072. The front end of 6094 was the front end from an excellsior, involved in an incident where the back end was scrapped, from Phoenix.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gsgeek540 said:

I have confirmed that 6094 is the good end (back end) of 6072. The front end of 6094 was the front end from an excellsior, involved in an incident where the back end was scrapped, from Phoenix.

Good to know. It looks super nice in that livery. it's nice to have a Frankenstein version of 6072

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another photo of 6094, couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw this! Didn’t get to ride it today, but externally it looks like Big Rig did a good job. Looks nice with the newer-style paint scheme but the front fleet number placement is odd IMO.

1FAC5E0E-1A81-421B-9FE5-22AE69AA5B82.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...