Jump to content

Calgary Transit


kevlo86
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, JK-from-YYC said:

Are SD160's common on the Blue Line on weekends? I'm 99% sure I saw one leaving Martindale going southbound this afternoon.

Yes. The only trains that usually do not run on weekends, unless extenuating circumstances, are the U2s. Otherwise, a train is a train.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

North Pointe Terminal is getting some work done. It appears the highlight is a mini-transitway running right through the center of the current parking lot. Went by on Tuesday and they've already started ripping up the pavement. Currently they want to have it completed by spring 2022. The City of Calgary website has more information: https://www.calgary.ca/transportation/ti/transit-projects/north-central-brt-improvements.html?redirect=/northcentralbrt

north-pointe-park-and-ride-improvements-sketch.pdf

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

There was a 3-stripe D40LF on the Anderson Garage tarmac being hooked up to a tow truck at around 8:50ish this morning.  I was driving so I was not able to get fleet numbers.

I’ve seen that D40lf sitting on the tarmac for about a week, it’s either 7898 or 7906

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, downbeat said:

It appears the transit union and transit management disagree on the potential impact of the City of Calgary's COVID-19 vaccination/testing policies on service.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/staff-shortages-could-lead-to-transit-service-disruptions-union

I wonder if this will affect any potential service increases for the December signup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Blake M said:

I wonder if this will affect any potential service increases for the December signup

Sign up has already been perused and signed off on. Operators start signing up next week.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saturday is a "Stuff a Bus" day!

https://www.calgarytransit.com/content/transit/en/home/news/stuff-a-bus.html

I think the announcement might be a little optimistic though when it says "a standard 40-foot bus can hold about 70 people." I've been on a 40-footer with 60 people on board. That kind of load is less than ideal and let's just say physical/social distancing would also be less than impossible … 😆

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recently noticed the city (or Transit?) installed a bench at the Route 1/MAX Purple stop outside Brookfield Place (SB 1 St and 7 Ave S.W.). I'm sure this addition will be appreciated by some riders, but honestly, seating is not an issue at that location given the abundance of benches in the Brookfield Place plaza.

Would it not have been more useful to build a large shelter? The only place for riders to protect themselves from the elements on that side of the street is the tiny shelter at the Route 7/10/449 stop, just behind the Route 1/MAX stop.

(And yes, I would guess money is an issue here, too …)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, downbeat said:

Ah, I noticed this myself the other day. As I don't often take Route 7, I thought the problem was a one-off.

 

 

It’s true, when 8409 did the 7 or so ago, the bus pulled up in downtown at 1 St & 7 Ave SW with the signs saying WRONG CODE both on the front on the side. I had told the operator then about the issue when I got on, and code 7 itself doesn’t have anything when he tried that (definitely deleted in recent programs as it was the South Calgary code) and 7A is now the code that has to be used for Marda Loop, and it worked when he manually punched it in (unless in different cases one chooses to use ROUTE 7, which would be code 7E instead). The CAD program doesn't seem to automatically change it to code 7A, but instead 7, which is why its blank nowadays (or in the case of the newer CNGs, WRONG CODE will be displayed).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something interesting going on with 8029. Currently Transit55 says it is at Stoney. Looks like it appeared in the middle of a 100 block and then vanished just over an hour later. It allegedly was started on the 29th, so that was probably when it was moved to Stoney, but why would it be moved in the first place?

Screenshot 2021-12-01 125849.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JK-from-YYC said:

Something interesting going on with 8029. Currently Transit55 says it is at Stoney. Looks like it appeared in the middle of a 100 block and then vanished just over an hour later. It allegedly was started on the 29th, so that was probably when it was moved to Stoney, but why would it be moved in the first place?

Screenshot 2021-12-01 125849.png

It wasn't moved to stoney, sometimes if a bus does a run thats normally out of a different garage it'll show up on T55 as assigned to the wrong garage. It's likely sitting at Spring Gardens

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Blake M said:

It wasn't moved to stoney, sometimes if a bus does a run thats normally out of a different garage it'll show up on T55 as assigned to the wrong garage. It's likely sitting at Spring Gardens

It wasn't on a Stoney Block considering the 27th, when it did its last block according to T55, was a weekend meaning SF wouldn't even have been open, meaning it wasn't an SF block, it was 100% an SG block. I'm not saying it was moved, but it hasn't done any actual routes since the 27th, so it would make no sense that Transit55 would show it at the wrong garage unless it was at that garage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BC_YYC said:

It wasn't on a Stoney Block considering the 27th, when it did its last block according to T55, was a weekend meaning SF wouldn't even have been open, meaning it wasn't an SF block, it was 100% an SG block. I'm not saying it was moved, but it hasn't done any actual routes since the 27th, so it would make no sense that Transit55 would show it at the wrong garage unless it was at that garage.

Sometimes it just glitches too for no reason 🤷🏾

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After quickly going through the list, it appears there's a lot of tinkering — departures adjusted slightly for better transfers, additional single trips/school trips here and there, that sort of thing.

Service on Christmas Day appears to be identical to last year, and it looks like a normal Friday service on New Year's Eve.

Notable changes that I noticed:

• MAX Orange — westbound a.m. peak headways improve to 11 minutes, with one school trip turned into a regular trip; eastbound p.m. mini-peak added just after lunch.

• CTrain — this is not explicitly stated, but midday frequencies are back to 15 minutes (currently it's a range of wait times from 5 to 17 minutes); peak headway will be 6 minutes (they are currently as low as 2-4 minutes).

• Route 38 — extended span on weekends, with service ending about 90 minutes later.

• Routes 128, 151 and 153 — rerouting for better coverage of new streets/neighbourhoods.

A couple of the listings don't make sense, with changes that don't match the actual routes:

• Route 157 — New weekday southbound trips at 7:46 a.m. and 8:20 a.m. have been added to New Brighton Way @ New Brighton Drive S.E. Weekday and weekend trip times have been adjusted to improve schedule adherence.

• MAX Purple — The bus will wait to keep on schedule at stop #5794 southbound Castleridge Blvd @ Westwinds Drive N.E. (versus #3314), and trip times have been adjusted to improve the schedule adherence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, downbeat said:

After quickly going through the list, it appears there's a lot of tinkering — departures adjusted slightly for better transfers, additional single trips/school trips here and there, that sort of thing.

Service on Christmas Day appears to be identical to last year, and it looks like a normal Friday service on New Year's Eve.

Notable changes that I noticed:

• MAX Orange — westbound a.m. peak headways improve to 11 minutes, with one school trip turned into a regular trip; eastbound p.m. mini-peak added just after lunch.

• CTrain — this is not explicitly stated, but midday frequencies are back to 15 minutes (currently it's a range of wait times from 5 to 17 minutes); peak headway will be 6 minutes (they are currently as low as 2-4 minutes).

• Route 38 — extended span on weekends, with service ending about 90 minutes later.

• Routes 128, 151 and 153 — rerouting for better coverage of new streets/neighbourhoods.

A couple of the listings don't make sense, with changes that don't match the actual routes:

• Route 157 — New weekday southbound trips at 7:46 a.m. and 8:20 a.m. have been added to New Brighton Way @ New Brighton Drive S.E. Weekday and weekend trip times have been adjusted to improve schedule adherence.

• MAX Purple — The bus will wait to keep on schedule at stop #5794 southbound Castleridge Blvd @ Westwinds Drive N.E. (versus #3314), and trip times have been adjusted to improve the schedule adherence. 

There's also stuff like a "new 119 at 3:41pm," but that's actually for the 123. The 157 change is actually supposed to be for the 153, and the Max Purple change is supposed to be for I believe the 43. 

 

Also under route 149 "FLAG-do not see changes to headways"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...