Calgary Transit

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of these run cuts are happening last minute based on manpower. What could be scheduled to run at 17:30 the night before when the run is cut could be cut by the next morning because that operator

A couple of things to point out to oppose your view point, as i am incredibly concerned by the stereotypes suggested in such a post. The statement of suggesting that “high or wasted” people ar

Community shuttle passengers will be asked to climb in through the emergency escape hatch.

Posted Images

Speaking of PR codes... its kind of nice to see that no ones being physically ripped off the buses & trains for not wearing a mask. Seen people give dirty looks & staredowns to people who haven't been wearing one on the buses, but overall, nothing concerning. 

32 minutes ago, downbeat said:

Bus times for the August 31 service change are now visible under “Schedules” on the Calgary Transit website.

Hey thanks for the tip :) 

Took a quick glance - I see the 116 is back (probably other expresses too) on a limited basis.

• Like 1

I forgot earlier to check the CTrain schedules for the fall service revision. 

Peak service typically has frequencies around 4-8 minutes.

On the Red Line, there are a couple of 15 minute gaps in service during the middle of the a.m. rush.

Off-peak midday/evening/weekend service is ~15 minutes, as it was pre-pandemic/post-budget cuts.

8 hours ago, downbeat said:

I forgot earlier to check the CTrain schedules for the fall service revision. 

Peak service typically has frequencies around 4-8 minutes.

On the Red Line, there are a couple of 15 minute gaps in service during the middle of the a.m. rush.

Off-peak midday/evening/weekend service is ~15 minutes, as it was pre-pandemic/post-budget cuts.

If its gonna be 15 minutes midday still they better run four car trains

• Like 1

Beginning August 29 until the early morning of August 31 (before service starts), the 17 Avenue S.E. Transitway will be closed from 9 Avenue S.E. to 52 Street S.E.

Max Purple and Route 1 will be detoured on to 17 Avenue S.E. from 9 Avenue S.E., 19 Street S.E. and 52 Street S.E. and will run on a normal weekend schedule.

2 additional buses will be added to address overloads and/or delays, as needed.

Why is this disruption necessary?

We are completing the following repair and maintenance projects including:

• Laying down asphalt on the roadway from 26 Street S.E. to 52 Street S.E.
  • Other projects, which may be completed as time allows.  

Looks like we're getting the first full transitway closure since it first opened.

• Thanks 3
7 hours ago, Transit Fan said:

Looks like we're getting the first full transitway closure since it first opened.

Definitely makes it easier than Winnipegs - the SWRTC back home, closing it off forces all the buses to go through Fort Rouge Garage at 20km/h or less, or everyone to walk to Pembina/Osborne for reduced bus service... least with the Transitways here, its only a matter of being mere metres away from a bus stop, so its nowhere near as disruptive. Or annoying. 

Of course, the Max Yellow transitway is an exception. Closing that off will become quite interesting commute-wise with the detours, if it ever happens...

A MAX Yellow/Teal disruption may seem challenging, but it is doable with some planning.  Here is a general map I was thinking about for a MY SW Transitway closure: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1KQOkdwcIzWwGFfY99NtDzCKr8PbrVB7Q&usp=sharing.  

MAX Teal would follow a similar routing for the Rockyview hospital as well as the stop, however I believe using the existing stop along Heritage DR at around Haysboro CR might be a better idea than going into Heritage Park for the Teal, and will likely be more efficient and save on time.

Of course, these closures would most likely be done during weekends or otherwise offpeak times.  I'd also like to hear other people's suggestions too!

AG isn't open to buses yet. Looks like some regular 40 foot runs down south are out of SG to make up for that with the increased service as of today, including #8227 on the 15 and #8335 on the 12.

#8398 out of Stoney is also on the 167! And the 14's afternoon artic key is back, with #6016 on the 14 right now!

• Like 1