Calgary Transit

kevlo86

14 hours ago, 1604 said:

New bus only lane and signal are in operation at Northmount Dr & Cambrian Dr allowing EB route 20s to turn left from the far right lane.

Accompanied by new stop locations! Great to see this - it always irritated me how the 20 had to wait for all lanes to clear before getting into the turn lane (yields notwithstanding). They put up a public announcement on Twitter: 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Transit Fan said:

Neat! It's a diagonal white bar signal.

So, with the way this is designed, I assume this means buses are only allowed to turn left when the transit signal is active. i.e. If the EB light is green and there isn't any other traffic in sight, you still wouldn't be allowed to proceed.

That would be correct. Of course we all know "that driver" that will ignore it ?

1 hour ago, Vancouver said:

Just passed Spring Gardens and saw the Proterra E2 Electric Demonstrator on the South fence behind 8202. How long is it here for?

Probably gone this evening to which ever Hotel they may be staying or off to another location!   Got a quick ride on it this morning after my first piece of work!

141117-095735proterra-D3.jpg 141117-095724proterra-D3.jpg 141117-095702proterra-D3.jpg 141117-095649proterra-D3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

Probably gone this evening to which ever Hotel they may be staying or off to another location!   Got a quick ride on it this morning after my first piece of work!

Not sure I’d  buy a battery bus from someone that can’t even spell revolutionizing on the destination sign ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Vancouver said:

Just passed Spring Gardens and saw the Proterra E2 Electric Demonstrator on the South fence behind 8202. How long is it here for?

I think this deserves its own thread! This is exciting! I want to drive one!

• Like 1

This is exciting to see Proterra make its first foray out of the USA (if it happens)! But unfortunately, I haven't heard about this before, which makes me a bit concerned whether Proterra's vehicle will meet Transport Canada regulations? Windsor was looking into them three years ago but that didn't materialize due to safety issues. Perhaps Proterra is not actually planning to pitch the bus to Calgary specifically, but just testing their vehicle there to see if Canada would make a viable market for its products.

On November 15, 2017 at 5:32 PM, Transit geek said:

This is exciting to see Proterra make its first foray out of the USA (if it happens)! But unfortunately, I haven't heard about this before, which makes me a bit concerned whether Proterra's vehicle will meet Transport Canada regulations? Windsor was looking into them three years ago but that didn't materialize due to safety issues. Perhaps Proterra is not actually planning to pitch the bus to Calgary specifically, but just testing their vehicle there to see if Canada would make a viable market for its products.

Proterra bid on Edmonton's tender, and it's in black and white in a TTC report that the buses do meet Transport Canada requirements. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2017 at 8:11 PM, CTrainDude said:

Not sure I’d  buy a battery bus from someone that can’t even spell revolutionizing on the destination sign ?

I personally thought maybe that was done intentionally.....

On 11/17/2017 at 3:14 PM, LRT said:

Here's a really really really bad pic of the Proterra electric bus on the Deerfoot I spotted Tuesday afternoon

It was captured on my dash cam I was looking for someone that cut me off on me Deerfoot and came across this.?

20171117_151122.jpg

What time was that?  I was riding it somewhere between 10:00 to 1015 AM on Tuesday morning..  We left SG onto 32nd ave. Connector to northbound Deerfoot to McKnight westbound to Edmonton Trail South to 32nd ave. connector and back to SG.  I suspect you got that photo while I was riding it !

1 hour ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

I personally thought maybe that was done intentionally.....

What time was that?  I was riding it somewhere between 10:00 to 1015 AM on Tuesday morning..  We left SG onto 32nd ave. Connector to northbound Deerfoot to McKnight westbound to Edmonton Trail South to 32nd ave. connector and back to SG.  I suspect you got that photo while I was riding it !

I spotted it on Wednesday around 12:15 in the afternoon.

On 11/17/2017 at 5:53 PM, M. Parsons said:

Proterra bid on Edmonton's tender, and it's in black and white in a TTC report that the buses do meet Transport Canada requirements. 

Would you mind giving a link to that please? Thanks.

If you can't find the report, what standards did it fail to meet?

The bus isn't a particularly pretty one if you ask me...anyone agree? Looks off...thought the BE35 looked better. 

Anyone note how the BE35 nabbed its rear taillights of a 2005 Nissan Murano?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

The bus isn't a particularly pretty one if you ask me...anyone agree? Looks off...thought the BE35 looked better. 

The should make BE40, LIKE BE35, I do like the ECO RIDE body than now they make the  Catalyst, And also the use the ZF axle is better than now new AXLE.

40 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

I would agree that the bus is kind of fugly. I don't understand why these manufacturers make electric vehicles so damn nasty looking??

Tesla aside....they make some good looking cars.

Nicest looking electric bus is New Flyer by far.

I remember some RVs had Mustang LX taillights! ?

I'm surprised they're borrowing light assemblies from Nissan makes no sense to me.... They should just be using heavy Duty universal light assemblies like they have been on heavy duty vehicle/trailer applications.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LRT said:

I would agree that the bus is kind of fugly. I don't understand why these manufacturers make electric vehicles so damn nasty looking??

Tesla aside....they make some good looking cars.

Nicest looking electric bus is New Flyer by far.

I remember some RVs had Mustang LX taillights! ?

I'm surprised they're borrowing light assemblies from Nissan makes no sense to me.... They should just be using heavy Duty universal light assemblies like they have been on heavy duty vehicle/trailer applications.

Without getting too off topic:

At least NFs CHARGE is good looking, because its based off the XD, even the LFSe isn't bad. You have to give credit to New Flyer though, their models have aged extremely well. Look at the D40/60LFRs. They look like they were designed yesterday. Simple lines and simple design, not a mess of curves and irregular shapes.

Exactly, the Nissan part makes no sense to me. Plus they did use universal lights for the blinkers and reverse lights, so why not taillights? I guess they wanted it to fit to the shape of the panel? Pretty much everyone makes do with the heavy duty universal applications...and they do a good job too. 

1 hour ago, MiWay0310 said:

This one’s a freebie.

Any others’ll cost ya.

8C643643-A386-4CA0-90F2-BB4E6EE9BA11.png

• Thanks 1