kevlo86

Calgary Transit

20 hours ago, chills_on_the_train said:

Interesting they're holding these meetings and talking about a rail connection. 96 Ave isn't exactly usually bustling (my mother lives pretty much right there) so a regular bus service to serve the airport from the Green Line should be more than adequate for now.

That said I also wouldn't say no to an extension of the Blue Line to cut right across the airport and form the first leg of a "ring road" LRT system of some kind. The far NW (Sage Hill and such) is going to be severely underserved by rail for the foreseeable future unless a spar of the Red Line goes up Sarcee Trail (oh how awesome that would be...).

That WOULD be awesome considering I live in Citadel. Wasn't there supposed to be a Shaganappi Trail BRT at some point?

1267 is on the 74 from 5:00 to 18:54... does anyone know if this is one off thing or is it going to be a regular occurrence this signup? I can't imagine an Arboc having enough capacity on this route during the morning and evening rush... 

19 minutes ago, School Bus 101 said:

1267 is on the 74 from 5:00 to 18:54... does anyone know if this is one off thing or is it going to be a regular occurrence this signup? I can't imagine an Arboc having enough capacity on this route during the morning and evening rush... 

I don't know for sure but I would assume one off? To me it makes no sense that it would be replaced by a different shuttle at 7pm, combined with the fact the 174 has 8348 today

4 hours ago, Blake M said:

I don't know for sure but I would assume one off? To me it makes no sense that it would be replaced by a different shuttle at 7pm, combined with the fact the 174 has 8348 today

1208 just came on as the second 74, and will run until 25:14. I've ridden the 74 many times, and using an Arboc on that route during rush hour makes absolutely no sense to me. I know that this signup is made using the fact that school is out for Summer, but more often than not, I've seen 40 foots with all seats filled/a few standing even without taking school kids into consideration.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, School Bus 101 said:

1208 just came on as the second 74, and will run until 25:14. I've ridden the 74 many times, and using an Arboc on that route during rush hour makes absolutely no sense to me. I know that this signup is made using the fact that school is out for Summer, but more often than not, I've seen 40 foots with all seats filled/a few standing even without taking school kids into consideration.  

I agree. It's also dumb that one loop has big buses all day and the other loop has shuttles.

2 hours ago, School Bus 101 said:

What is a "FLT floater" ? This route has appeared in the Calgary Transit website's schedule section, and Transit 55 is showing 39 buses on this "route". 

https://transit55.ca/calgary/route?id=FLT

It's a floater bus. It's used for extra work wherever it could be needed. Very common at this time of the year

• Thanks 1

Artics running on the 3, 301 and 504 today and yesterday (Saturday and Sunday). Pretty sure out of VP as out of service units have been seen on the tracker at VP.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kevlo86 said:

Artics running on the 3, 301 and 504 today and yesterday (Saturday and Sunday). Pretty sure out of VP as out of service units have been seen on the tracker at VP.

Victoria Park is open extended hours during stampede, including weekends, to accomodate stampede express buses, the floater buses as well as some of the extended service buses that may not be tied to a preexisting piece of work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1