Calgary Transit

kevlo86

13 hours ago, Chinese Daniel said:

That route 3 artic drive should park his bus in they are route stop than walk to the washrooms, but he try to Make him self easy, he park his bus middle of the road.

Using the washroom is a human right and a safety issue. Maybe the operator had to go real bad.

There is no operational issue with the way he parked and he is not blocking any major roadways or causing any safety issues. The bus is parked on private property.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did not say I don't want  bus drive use washroom, I just say is I want say is they should make the bus zone bigger,  I apologize what I say before.

Heritage bus loop was way to small for now they have that much more buses, I hope one day they can maybe make bus loop bigger, because in future, 37,20,79,80,3(artic),south BRT(ARTIC)+306,182,410,502,39,81, this heritage station will be over capacity, if you don't mind, i can say they have to rebuild all over again in heritage bus loop.

4 hours ago, vicinity said:

How is your rant relevant to this forum ? Is it something fans want to see? Does it make you satisfied find faults in the system ? 

4 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

As a general rule, its best not to post your rants or complaints on the Board (believe me, I know, and I've learned my lesson). Seriously, if you have a problem, just file a complaint with CT. They'll be happy to hear from you; more than the members of discussion here at least. 

As for the driver taking a break, you gotta do what you gotta do, and as far as I can tell, he's parked off to the side, and not in the middle. 

2 hours ago, LRT said:

Using the washroom is a human right and a safety issue. Maybe the operator had to go real bad.

There is no operational issue with the way he parked and he is not blocking any major roadways or causing any safety issues. The bus is parked on private property.

I apologize what i did before, i promise never do that again.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chinese Daniel said:

I apologize what i did before, i promise never do that again.

You don't need to apologize this is a friendly discussion.

It's like we're all in a room together talking about Transit stuff having coffee and tea.?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

This was probably done by the Operator to help save time as there is not enough time scheduled on the route 3 since the changes that were made back in September.

Form 3 hours a around down to 2 hours, I think calgary transit's a lot route not enough time form run.

For example on trains during rush hour is typically a 3-minute turn around at the end terminals if you're running on time. So if you can imagine somebody holding the doors for 10 to 15 seconds at each station that would cause some pretty good delays.

18 hours ago, Chinese Daniel said:

I did not say I don't want  bus drive use washroom, I just say is I want say is they should make the bus zone bigger,  I apologize what I say before.

Heritage bus loop was way to small for now they have that much more buses, I hope one day they can maybe make bus loop bigger, because in future, 37,20,79,80,3(artic),south BRT(ARTIC)+306,182,410,502,39,81, this heritage station will be over capacity, if you don't mind, i can say they have to rebuild all over again in heritage bus loop.

They should totally design bathrooms in a central location close to the bus loops to make things easier for everyone.

I believe Chinook has a washroom in a centralized location which is a huge Improvement.

As far as trains go the only places we have to go to the bathroom in the south line is Somerset bridlewood and then going northbound would be Canyon Meadows and then there's no more washrooms until you get to University Station there's one on the platform there then Crowfoot and and of course Tuscany.

Going Southbound we have the option of using Brentwood station and University Station. I'v used the one at Center Street a few times if I really had to but the thing is buses and trains start to pile up behind me...  the next washer down the line would be Anderson station and of course Somerset Bridlewood.

The Northeast line cans after you leave Saddletowne going west the only washroom we have is Rundle station, Franklin station and then 69th Street Station

Going back North from 69th street station the next washroom which is relatively a new one would be Sunalta station at the platform level then Bridgeland, Marlbrough and Whitehorn station and then of course Saddletowne.

13 hours ago, Blake M said:

We should totally do that

No doubt

• Like 1

Just now, DarkKeyo said:

Something from this topic that's maybe more relevant: There used to be plans to completely redo Heritage station, including the bus loop. Has anyone heard of anything coming of that, or is it still dead?

They were doing construction around September and finished around December. They repaved the sidewalks but equipment is still on property. @Nick B can confirm these details and expand on this.

2 hours ago, CanadianTransitTycoon said:

They were doing construction around September and finished around December. They repaved the sidewalks but equipment is still on property. @Nick B can confirm these details and expand on this.

All they did was rehabilitate and expand the curbs at the Route 3/37 stop and 20/80/502 stop, at least from my observations. I would imagine when the BRT infrastructure starts coming together there will be more work done.

Source: http://www.calgarytransit.com/news/route-506-chinook-centre-shuttle-retiring

Route 506 – Chinook Centre Shuttle is retiring

The shuttle bus service that connects Chinook LRT Station and Chinook Centre is being retired. The last day of service for Route 506 is Sunday, February 11, 2018.

The shuttle is co-funded by Calgary Transit and Chinook Centre, and with the opening of the new 61 Avenue S.W. bridge the shuttle service will be discontinued.

The bridge provides a safe and convenient connection across Macleod Trail. It’s enclosed, heated and fully accessible with escalators and elevators, making the short walk between the mall and the LRT station (5-10 minutes) comfortable and easy.

Additionally, the 61 Avenue S.W. Greenway Corridor project is complete, which improved the walkway between Chinook LRT Station and Chinook Centre. The wider sidewalks, improved lighting and landscaping make the walk enjoyable and safe.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

13 hours ago, Swadian said:

After the retirement of Calgary Fishbowls, is there anywhere to ride one in the USA or Canada anymore? Even a special "heritage route"?

TRAMS in Vancouver operates one in BC transit livery. For the last few Christmas seasons, they dress it up as Rudolph and and you can pay to ride on it as it takes you around to various houses with elaborate Christmas light displays. I trust they'll do it again this year.

Shot I took from 2015's iteration during a rest stop: 

23391419074_975bc6f9f5_b.jpgAdobePhotoshopExpress_60939b40b7e74364b3017898a0f3883e by Timothy Choi, on Flickr

On 22/01/2018 at 7:00 PM, Transit Fan said:

RIP 506.

Good memories of the (short!) ride to the mall when they ran odd ball and old stuff. As I recall back in 2002 the 506 was operated by 1969 and 1973. Originally CNG, they were gasoline powered at the end.

46400049A.thumb.jpg.f7b74ee34f32327bc0b19c1bbf8e69c8.jpg46400050.thumb.jpg.8670f7428b0ed18734ef49c9462583ef.jpg46400049.thumb.jpg.fdbb181e9484f49fa49f70bf4fb077af.jpg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

RIP 506.

Good memories of the (short!) ride to the mall when they ran odd ball and old stuff. As I recall back in 2002 the 506 was operated by 1969 and 1973. Originally CNG, they were gasoline powered at the end.

46400049A.thumb.jpg.f7b74ee34f32327bc0b19c1bbf8e69c8.jpg46400050.thumb.jpg.8670f7428b0ed18734ef49c9462583ef.jpg46400049.thumb.jpg.fdbb181e9484f49fa49f70bf4fb077af.jpg

Hmmm..  I forget when 8502 was retired but it was a regular on the 506 as well from what I recall.

March sign up changes 

Good news for frequency this service change 

route 7 midday increased from every 20 minutes to every 15

route 300 midday increased to every 22 minutes from every 30

route 301 weekend midday increased from every 14 to every 12 minutes 

• Like 2